1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiek

A lot of low effort white knighting going on in here. I'm sure at least 95% of you who are asking them to get punished for exploiting would be right beside the exploiters if it was your guild who did it. You guys are just mad you weren't smart enough to think of it yourself. Quit backseat GMing, what your hopes and prayers for the consequences doesn't mean anything.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No matter how much they have spent they deserve to be perma banned for exploiting like this and laughing about how smart they are. This is just shitting on all the legitimate players and as such should not be tolerated.

3. Waifu_Hunter

yeah but it wouldn't be my guild because when we got the maps we said "lol people got banned for exploiting these years ago in korea lets wait and see how many smooth brains are dumb enough to exploit them on NA" and lo and behold all of the top siege guilds got caught doing it, because gatekeeping node wars and paying themslves billions from that just wasn't enough to satiate their greed and what's even funnier is how the whales and streamers among them think they're immune to punishment when they bring THIS MUCH visibility to themselves over it. This is turning into the best april ever for entertainment.

4. itsmeofc

if the punishment is too weak perhaps others will exploit later since its so worth it, its a gamble with huge reward and little risk of being exposed

5. Saranay

I found out about this yesterday as one of our guildmembers posted this on our discord.
    The people involved deserve a perma ban and nothing else.

There are Terms of Service for things like this. They knew that this is an exploit and did not report it but used it instead.
    Therefore if they can walk away with this with minor punishments, the next time everyone will do the same!

Also I hope that these people wont make it impossible for us to have this event again. Guilds are rarely involved in Events and therefore it would be sad to see that this Event will be lost due to others exploiting it.

Good luck with the decision making @Kakao Team but please remember that it will be a slap in the face of the honest players that had to already fed up with the screwed up marketplace prices. You are doing good against gold sellers so also do something against these please.

Thanks and good health to all of you and your famillies.

6. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Lahn 61 EU

Excuse my ignorance here, but what do you mean by piloting? Never heard that term before. I'm thinking airplanes and I'm sure you don't mean those :P

7. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

Sux 2be you :))))

Glad u were smart enough to think of it yourself sir.

Enjoy your gains ^^

8. SSIJ

ToS =/= Law.
    Do you think anyone will get banned?
    Games = business.
    Permanently bans = chargebacks and even lawsuits against Kakao.

9. Silent83

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It is when someone plays your game for you when you work or sleep.

DiaborMagics likes this.
  11. Silent83

this people are very scared right now, i hope they get banned, pray for that!

12. NoBody in particular

suing a company is not going to happen. Why because you had to agree to their terms in order to play it so guess what no law suit. Charge backs can easily be denied to by submitting to the credit company a list of reason and thus your out your money too.

13. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Lawsuit. Curious to know what kakao would do wrong to get dragged into the court, and wasting tax money for a case.

14. ManlyBeard

Just start writing about this to mmo news sites to cover this, bad press as to not attract new players will make them move faster and hand out the right punishment, which should be perma ban, no matter how much you spent or who you know up the chain.

#214 ManlyBeard, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  15. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHQHQHQHQHQHQHQGQHQHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHQHQHAGAHGQG

nah you wont mate they will give you free value pack and say sorry for the stress it costs you
    All bcuz u threaten lawsuit trust me

Good luck wiv that please update us when u send off the papers to the court

16. Leiek

I know its hard to believe but you don't need to participate in something to see the other side. My guild is no where near those guild's level so we didn't think of it ether. Since you missed the point, I'm calling you guys out for being background noise. Imagine two dudes squaring off and one dude diss another. You would be one of the people in the background saying "yeah! kick his ass", useless background noise.

17. Leiek

Fair argument. My point was PA knows, they are doing something about it. Most of the people in this post has nothing valuable to add aside from backseating the GM's job. If you're in one of the great guilds that knew about this incident a year ago and dodged it then great, but like with every information out there people seem to act like they knew it all along and every angle as soon as they hear it. I'm willing to be 90% of the people carrying their pitchforks around here only knew of it being an exploit in KR literally this week as it happened.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  18. SSIJ

You think only kids playing games?
    If publisher offers me a product (game) we conclude a contract, a contract that cannot have any provisions that do not comply with applicable law (in the local country).
    So Kakao in Europe have headquarters in Netherlands. Lawsuit? Easy peasy, because you are sending a lawsuit to the court in your country.

As you can see, players from Belgium can't buy lottery box from IS. Why? Because it is prohibited by law.

19. RonB

My two bits: Permanent Ban.

Why? Because it doesn't matter anyway. These guilds have a reputation for being the lowest of the low, of having bought their way to their current levels of success in this game and manipulated exploits in order to keep themselves at the top of the food chain. So, when you ban them, they'll just start new accounts, and do the same things they've always done, and be back where they were in a matter of weeks.

So, ban them. It's the right thing to do, it will make honest players feel appreciated, and it won't actually hurt those guilds that much, anyway.

20. NightFyre

I've been around since beta here and on AA and have spent the last few months guildless because of the bs and ego fluff that goes on in some of the bigger guilds plus after the last debacle I have no intention of risking my account through association. I'm pretty sure most of those calling for hard punishment are just sick of seeing cheaters/exploiters get away with their shenanigans time and time again. I know I am and its past time some of these companies took a stand and actually followed through on their policies. While you call out the 'white knights', I have to wonder about someone who thinks cheating is ok and everyone else should be ok with it...

Junktime, Phoenixxx75 and Animagic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.