1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

Make sure to update us hows it going

Fingers crossed I hope you win this case

2. Raynekeeper

I guess there truly is a reason to spell EVERYTHING out these days. Yanno, like how drug companies feel the need to inform people not to take a medication if you're allergic to it...It shouldn't be this hard to understand what new players/returning players equate.

I almost spit my coffee out on the attempt at logic here. Really? That's like asking why one would expect that when a person finds another's wallet to return it rather than steal it. It's simple, be a decent person. Exploits/Cheating is in no way, shape or form an act of fairness. If you feel the need to exploit/cheat in a game you might rethink on another way to use your personal time. Something you can actually be good at. Just a thought. Oh and ptw...lol. Other than a few qol items there is nothing that would constitute the title. Might want to confirm that you know what one is.

3. Saranay

Last thing from me for this post.
    Please dont let this event that starts today "April Fool’s 2020 Event" be a event where the honest players will see that they have been made a fool out of by the exploiters that dont get a ban.

:O

4. anquetil678

hmmm i'll say guild content ? just delete the guilde and all the funds this punishment shoud remind them not to cheat no more pay outs no more guild quest and of course one year without to be abble to join a guild at new

5. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

except they did:

upload_2020-4-1_13-17-23.png
    If creating hundreds of alt characters to deposit event items meant for NEW and RETURNING players, then kicking those alts so the old veteran players can benefit from those isn't abnormal, I dont know what is.

Phoenixxx75, Rhadoo89, Souda and 2 others like this.
  6. PaPaFlex

What is even more interesting, how on earth 1 person, or even few people, is able o create that many accounts without any help from bots etc, and then, who the heck would be able to lvl all those hundreds of alts. So another question come across, did they use third party soft to lvl them?

7. Caninde Danacer

Actually a 2 week ban would probably be enough. Community would be able to identify everyone that is suddenly gone on at least nodewar / siege level for 2 weeks somewhat instantly. Perhaps also force-disolve those guilds that abused it as clearly not a single guy of the guild used that glitch but ther was at least one officer level member involved.

Of course the money earned by using the glitch should be removed maybe triple the times as some suggested.

8. Bekroxar

Alright so...
    KAKAO! You never had a better time to stop this madness than right now! Im really old player returning right now thanks to awesome events, coronavirus and because I kinda missed this game. Why I stopped in the first place? Cause of your politic. Anyone who buys a lot of pearls is untouchable and thats how it always was. I get it that player database wasnt the greatest and biggest and it always worked for you to get this sort of stuff under the rug... but it cant go on like this forever. No matter how much money they spend on game you need to take a serious actions right here and now. Either ban for at last a month and HUGE money and gear reroll with disbanding this cheating guilds or you wont see servers so crowded for long. A lot of people check forum even if they dont speak their mind here. If they get to know how you let people cheat in your game and dont take a serious actions they will either start doing same stuff or they will quit without spending a single penny on your game.
    We all know you need to earn money and make profit but AT WHAT COST? You are making best mmorpg game ever into p2w madness. Why p2w? Not because of shop but because people that spend enough are no longer touched by LAW.

9. Caninde Danacer

Unless they now want to sell 'get out of exploit ban tickets' in pearlshop for just 99.999 pearls, sellable once per family.

Stabdis likes this.
  10. Waifu_Hunter

upload_2020-4-1_7-41-57.png
    oh boy here we go this gonna be good

11. Raynekeeper

I think you need to crack open a dictionary and refresh your mind on the definition of smart. A game community that wants a fair environment to play in does not equate "backseat GMing". Your statistical math leaves much to be desired, as much as it seems you would like to believe that everyone would exploit if given the chance there are more players that do not feel the need to cheat.

Phoenixxx75 and Grehm like this.
  12. Ingram™

13. Leiek

I certainly have not said cheating and exploiting is "ok". I said its low effort white knighting, as in PA made it clear now that they will look into the matter and take actions. The low effort white knighting part is everyone in this thread chiming in on their demands on what should happen to these accounts. Sure PA should hold them accountable, but lets look at this from a different angle, who is holding PA accountable? While no excuse are given to the players for exploiting, there is also no excuse for PA to repeat this mistake when this happened a year ago, while some players can be chalked up to not knowing or questionable morals, PA has all the info and still made the decision to release the same series of events to allow for it without a concise statement. Further more the reports of the exploit came in before the BR/BC stream showing them doing it. No action on PA on those reports, no stoppage of the event, no quick patch, not even a statement. So yeah take actions on the account, the economy's already screwed, theres no fixing that aside from letting it even itself out over time.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  14. Caninde Danacer

Easy with services like microsoft or google practically giving away email adresses for free. Pretty sure u can make like 10 new email adresses + accounts per hour if not even more. Alone ? Probably takes some time and u give up soonish ... if a group works together ... well 100 is nothing then i guess ?

15. Leiek

It's backseat GMing when the GM made a statement that actions will be taken, and all the players just continues to nag. My statistical math is very on point, given every guild, not just BR and BC who have done it have done with with the majority of their players. I know this is a hard concept to swallow but most people are willing to bend their morality when it comes to themselves, friends, family, or in this case guildmates. The exceptions are those that stand their ground on morality they aren't the rule.

16. Hirxeth

Hirxeth Jeslea Wizard 61 EU

@SSIJ The ToS acts as a contract between the consumer (us) and Kakao Games / Pearl Abyss.
    You can, in theory, force them to uphold their ToS in a court of law. However, the wording in our case benefits them : "any exploit or abnormal ways of entering in game events may result in the restriction of your account." The "may" changes it all. Restricting the exploiters' accounts remain at their discretion.
    Words matter in law.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  17. Mischievous

I'm a returning player and Is this why I wasn't able to retrieve these maps last night from the inbox? I actually was moved from Olvia servers to reg servers on the 25th of March and didn't join a guild until 2 days ago. I now can't access the Afuaru maps in the inbox. It says I don't meet the requirements :(

18. SSIJ

Where you see "exploit game"?
    Can you create new acc? Yes.
    Can you create new character? Yes.
    Can you ask guild for help to fast and easy lvl up? Yes.
    So again tell me where is "exploit"?
    No bug in game. They don't use any software to interfere with the game. They simple ... playing. Yes they doing again again and again, same same and same but ... this is Korean mmo Grinding game.
    Same story with farming Valencia main quest for FS.

So in court Kakao don't have any chances if somebody lawsuit them for ban.

19. Collusion

You must've missed the part you agreed to when signing up that says they can ban your account for any reason whatsoever. You have access to play the game, but you don't own your account. Privileges and rights are two completely different things.

I wasn't even going to waste my time responding to this, but I haven't been here for a while and thought I'd farm some likes.

Alextrazsa and Wollbert like this.
  20. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Again it is the wording.
    The Event was for "New and Returning Adventurers". "New Adventurers" and not "New Accounts".
    Adventurers are the persons behind the account. So no matter how many new accounts you create, you are not a new adventurer and so you could not participate in this event. If you still did, you used an exploid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.