1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xhisors

Theres no need to justify or quantify how many accounts can be made. If you are making extra accounts to take advantage of this event, even if its just one account you are exploiting. You are exploiting this event by gaining items for your whole guild when you are not a new or returning player. You don't need numbers here, if you are not a new or returning player you don't get the bonuses pretty clear and simple.

If you have new members with these scrolls and you did them without exploiting, then you have nothing to worry about as this is easily tracked. They did it in KR and they will do it here.

2. Amirite

Seen this also got a little bit of attention on Reddit. The reaction here and on Reddit from when it first came out a few day's ago really did push things. I really hope they get these exploiters.

3. Oboroninja

Exploits like this absolutely must not go unpunished, and the punishment needs to be severe enough to deter this kind of behavior in the future. This ruins the game for the entire legitimate player base.

Junktime likes this.
  4. Ateena

Looking forward to see you end up business relations with a certain streamer :^)

+ A shameful title they can't turn off for the next 1 year.

Zahlem likes this.
  5. Xplato

Perma ban also end all relations to a certain streamer from them.

Zahlem and Ateena like this.
  6. NewbieLam

It is pretty easy, did you try to make new account to exploit the event or are the new/returning members real? No hard to separate the two. You know if you are abusing something or not. And if you can't tell, you are acting ignorant on purpose and should be ban for exploiting.

Also, you are an ALT account from the mappers, enjoy your ban bro.

7. Armory

Too bad that was our only chance to get rich enough to buy all PEN gear, now we will have to mortgage our house.

:sadpepe:

8. Casty

Most small guilds that did this, individual players made 2-3b. The two guilds that abused heavily, made maybe ~15b per player. Hardly enough to buy all pen gear...
    Im not sure what some people around here think they made, but its certainly not the 100b or full pen that i see people making up.

9. AeroTheFallenAngel

As one of the returning players you were trying to get back (although i got back from my deployment a week after the event), these exploiters have made me want to quit the game a lot more than wanting to come back. Thank you for addressing this

Junktime likes this.
  10. Waifu_Hunter

Exactly. This, the people who have done this acting like they're untouchable, their belligerence and how they taunt PA...

PA must maintain its dominance as the body of law in this environment and the only way they can do that in this case is to hand out punishment, if not their authority will be diminished with any precedence of inaction they set, as evidenced with prior streamers evading ban stick and in part contributing to the emboldening of exploiters as seen in recent events. Bladeboques should be banned as well.

11. Toq

Toq

15B x 199 players is just shy of 3 trillion. No single person was able to get full pen off of it but a lot of those members were pretty close. The issue is they have PARTNERS who are exploiting, bragging about spending 10K on the game but have no fear exploiting as they feel they're making money for BDO and untouchable. They aren't. People trying to point at BladeBoques over this are REALLY stretching the truth.

Blade unintentionally exploited: When the servers merged in 2016, if you played multiple servers, as I did, and had workers on the same nodes, when the merge happened there was a glitch in workers that were on the same node could continue using multiple per node. Blade removed all of his but missed one and someone noticed it on his stream.

When I beer my workers I only notice "storage full" messages, I don't look at who's on what and if you look at the node you're getting Trace of Earth and Ascension. Sorry those are not very valuable and excavation nodes take forever. In the time it happened he made almost nothing in gains and even had the amounts removed. He literally DOES help the community, he's a positive streamer and most of the streamers on the partner page in big guilds are pretty toxic. Bringing him up for such a trivial accident versus the huge amount of effort for this new exploit, sorry they are not comparable.

Also remember when Blade was caught, he never tried to defend it, clearly admitted it was an error and he accidentally exploited a bug (this guy had workers on every server it's easy to miss one). The exploiters of the chest scrolls are literally bragging about it and any negative comment on it is causing harassment in-game, it's funny but they will kill a lot of toxicity removing the people who partook.

Junktime, Leiek, Castill4n and 2 others like this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Event Notice
    • Extra Special Attendance rewards can be claimed once per family during the event period.
    • The possibility of claiming the attendance reward of the day will be reset at 00:00 UTC every day. This means that if you have already claimed the reward for the day, you will be able to collect the next one after 00:00 UTC. There may be a 1–2 minute lag during the reset.
    • Every Saturday and Sunday, if you play for over one hour, you can make up for a missed attendance reward. This is only possible if you have missed an attendance reward from a previous day during the event period. If you have collected all the attendance rewards so far within the event period, then this will not happen.
    • New adventurers who are logging in within 30 days (720 hours) of having first created their Family Name are eligible for and can claim the New Adventurer Rewards.
      • If you do not see your rewards to claim for having reached the designated levels, please move out to the Character Selection window, then log back into your game to see the refreshed Challenges tab (Y).
    • Returning adventurers who have not logged in for at least 30 days (720 hours) can claim the Returning Adventurer Rewards.
    • Reward items given out during events can be bound or not depending on the items and some cannot be moved or restored.
      • Please refer to the individual item descriptions for more detailed information.
    • Any exploit or abnormal ways of entering in-game events may result in the restriction of your account.

(creating multiple throwaway accounts to simulate new players joining the game purely to abuse event rewards for your primary/main account should be ban worthy event abuse by any definition)

I think Kakao should keep true to their words and ban the cheaters or else they will show they are weak and that its easier to ignore game well-being than actually enforce and police good game environment.

if they dont punish the players and it turns out its because they PAID for plenty of pearls through their bdo adventures then it will show many other things as well.

Sevyrn and Veyana Eldunari like this.
  13. WhySoSeeryus

they need to scrub their accounts clear of all non pearl items they purchased themselves (gear, stables, workers, exp/sp lifeskill exp) leaving them with lvl1 blank characters OR perma ban them. nothing less.

Khazz68 likes this.
  14. KajeKennedy

Returning player here. Should I just delete these now that I can't run them? Not trying to exploit but was looking forward to doing these later tonight. I want moar free stuffs

15. WhySoSeeryus

i would love to be optimistic and say soon but.....

honestly, they should address it, its a big problem.and they are actually LOSING MONEY because of it. its not a way to run business

16. Memojie

Memojie Memojie Ninja 63 NA

The events on hold, not removed permanently. I would just hold on to them.

17. WhySoSeeryus

@GM Rhotaaz dont forget even gave alot of stuff thats hard to measure in silver (kinda) - valks, failstacks etc.if u chose the easier way to punish them via reducing money etc, dont forget those or even worse dont forget to remove those from them. what if they used them already? how do u calculate that?

in any case i hope u wont ***** out and that u will permaban them as they deserve. you should terminate your streaming content partners as well and report them to their streaming platforms for cheating and promoting cheating so that they literally NEVER do it again.

Junktime, Venour, n8uregirl and 3 others like this.
  18. Block_Chain

I calculated a 50 stack at 700m silver if you were to use the devour system. I saw a screenshot of a guy with 80 failstacks x 50 so that guy would be down 56 billion if we were to calculate failstacks alone.

Sevyrn likes this.
  19. Veyana Eldunari

I'm super happy that the GMs are actively calling it an exploit so all of these 1 day old accounts (lol) can stop trying to defend it.

That being said, if the GMs actively call it an exploit and don't issue bans / serious punishment when it's clearly stated under the event that Any exploit or abnormal ways of entering in-game events may result in the restriction of your account. I will lose some serious respect for this company.

Returned to the game not even 30 days ago and will definitely reconsider staying if nothing is done just because some of the exploiters are streamers. Which is a shame since I've been genuinely enjoying my time, but would rather not support a company that can't even enforce its own rules.

Junktime, Saranay, Skyvex and 2 others like this.
  20. Zahlem

The main point is the event is for "new" and "backcommers" not for alts, so all ppl who read the event notes right are ****ed up.
    The main goal of the event was to bring new players in greater guilds to catch up on the game, the event didnt sayd u have to kick them after they reached levl 57, if you read the event you know that it was a abuse of the event.
    If u play aktive and you have an alt your are NOT new or RETOURNING, its an alt.There is no point to defent our selfs or something if u cant read u need one who read for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.