1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploiting Players that cannot be reported

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicci, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Nicci

I just submitted a petition about a player exploiting. It seems obvious that Heidel is considered a "safe zone" and as such, players are not supposed to have access to taking aggressive action against other players. A player was pulling AFK fishers off out of Heidel onto a raft at the river, which I reported in the following petition:

Petition ID#: 761168
    Title: Player Pulling Fishters out of Heidel (now)

Notice in the screenshot that I uploaded he is wearing the pearl shop item that hides character and family names. I understand that it is useful in PVP to not be able to be tracked easily by the letters above your head giving you away, so I went next to him and tried to look at his name by standing next to him with my mouse wheel on him. This also blocks his name from view.

It's my understanding that the purpose of that pearl shop outfit is to help with PVP, and NOT to be able to exploit game mechanics with impunity. When reporting another player in your petition system, it specifically asks for the character and family names of the exploiter. If an exploiting player killed another player, their name will appear in chat. However, in this case their name will never be visible. While I think the function in assisting combat is perfectly reasonable, I do not believe that the mouse-wheel hover option should also have the names of the character blocked for this reason specifically. It's only fair to other players to allow some possible way to identify them, which seems perfectly logical if one player is standing next to another and they are both standing still.

easypr0 likes this.
  2. Nicci

3. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

You can use the "flare" item (purchasable through loyalties for a small price, or rarely on the mp). Right click in your inventory, launches with the same animation the fireworks do, will reveal ghillied names (safe or combat zone) for a brief time.

This moving afk fishing players onto a boat is a well known prank now, it's not technically exploiting in the normal methods, he is using the hitbox of the boat to go under their feet (because of their elevation difference to the rest of the terrain), and due to server realtime location ticks (or something...) their position is reupdated onto the boat as he moves it backwards.

It would be an easy fix to put a low fence along the water edge to prevent the boat access and it also wouldn't restrict ability to use a fishing rod there.

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  4. Doom Smack

Is that an exploit or just a hilarious part of the game?

Choose fishing position with caution!

(Id find that funny even if done to me, I award a point to the raft captain).

Crimson_Scarlet, ViktoryiaV and Qba like this.
  5. Nicci

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/account/TermsOfUse.html

"12.1.4. Use of Exploits
    The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was not intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”)."

I don't know what you consider "normal methods" to be, but all you did was describe the mechanics of the exploit, ViktoryiaV. I appreciate the reminder about flares, but the general idea of a safe zone is that the player is safe from actions by other players that negatively impact their gameplay. The boat trick to scoop up players circumvents the intended game mechanics of the "safe zone" so yes, it's an exploit.

#5 Nicci, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. Blitzball

Indeed it's an exploit. That's not intended by the devs. This guy should be banned.

7. Isteria

He is not hostile, he is providing free raft services to all fishers who didn't learn over the years how to position themselves.

Doom Smack, ChoeChoeTrain and JM like this.
  8. Mimimimi

it's a pretty hilarious exploit. i don't really care if this is prevented or not. i am more annoyed by ghillie suits preventing to report a player. i wish ghillie users had some kind of identification number over their head that at least lets GMs identify them when a ticket gets sent in.

9. Peisinoe

It's not an exploit. People have been doing it since the early days of the game. Pirate Island and the beaches along the east coast of Valencia have long been favourite spots to dump people (mob/exposure deaths for exp loss and funsies). Takes a long time, produces much mirth. People eventually learn to stand on the platforms and things so they aren't able to be scooped up. There are numerous videos available on YouTube.

10. Rayin

Legend says that Heidel was once a desert with a small pond near the bridge at its left and a bunch of Fishermen were used to go there to fish indiscriminately, until some brave players stood against these evil Fishermen and their right to fish in peace and kidnapped them while they were away from their keyboards.
    Today Heidel is the core of BDO life and has a huge river, fed with the tears. Fed with hatred.

And i for one, watered for good those arid lands. I gave my contribution as i could.
    Always.

11. Mimimimi

still better lore than the game actually has xD

Doom Smack likes this.
  12. Nicci

How does your solution help people gathering? I once went to AFK gather river water, came back later and found myself dead. The person that picked me up sailed their boat out of Heidel and downstream to where it was no longer a safe zone and killed me. Do you have some platform I can stand on somewhere in Heidel that will allow me to gather when I'm not in the water?

13. Rayin

There are plenty, every surface that isn't too close and/or at the same height of the river. I've been kidnapped just once in 3 years and it was when i had to go quickly away, so i forgot/didn't care to place my character properly.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

guys that kidnap fishers are the heroes of the game. :D :D :D :D

15. Eynix

Let's all be honnest for a second here : it would be a full-time job to report every sh*ts not working as expected in this game.

also...

Aaaah it never gets old :')

#15 Eynix, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  16. Peisinoe

Wasn't my solution, was just recounting the history in that area. I see the darling @Rayin helped you with the gathering issue though <3 You can gather water in Heidel fountain too, can't you?

17. Maginha

Heidel fountain

18. WNxArcticwolf

This can be done in velia 2. just got to learn Not to get too close to the water. Simple. Tho i do find kidnapping people and taking them to ross sea fun and just dumping them there.

19. elephantgrey

Why not Magoria?

20. WNxArcticwolf

i do it on the edge of both seas. XD