1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Extreme lag at heidel/Velia since patch

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Shaggz, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Shaggz

Myself including all my guildies are getting extreme lag entering Velia or heidel and it lasts a good 30 seconds to 2 minutes where its unplayable. Takes several minutes to open central market or storage.
    Then it smoothes out unless you walk out of safe zone and back in

2. Atakarias

stuttering in cities since the last patch for me

Phoenixxx75 and SonnyIgor like this.
  3. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

same problem, heavy stuttering in Heidel and Velia, EU server btw

Phoenixxx75 and SonnyIgor like this.
  4. SonnyIgor

I am having the same problem on EU servers... on every city....

5. BigBear

Press ESC -> Menu -> Settings -> Performance -> Performance Settings -> Optimization -> "Hide Other Adventurers" -> Turn off this option -> Click "Confirm" button. It might help a bit.

#5 BigBear, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. XxP4xX

I have the same problem

7. Tyallii

Ever since the patch on NA servers I have the same issue. Lag was so bad that I lost my horse in water twice yesterday and had to recover it at the nearest stable. Thanks BDO

Shaggz likes this.
  8. Shaggz

That's been done since day 1 lol

9. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

This is not the issue. Its not normal for some one not to have stuttering lag then suddenly, not just you, but many other players experiencing the same issue during the same time period.

SonnyIgor likes this.
  10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Having same exact issue NA. Not just in cities but happening randomly while exploring around game world. Its a lot much in cities now. Feels like back in the days before all optimizations were implemented.

SonnyIgor and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  11. Maginha

Yep, stuttering is sooooo bad since wednesday....

12. Yemeth26

same here

SonnyIgor likes this.
  13. LithicForm

As mentioned in another thread, there's the stuttering when entering towns as well as interactions with trade/imperial NPCs causing a hang/lag spike. It looks like a fairly common thing now with everyone saying it started after last maintenance. Still have yet to hear anything from the CM/GMs.

Lazerhawkk and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. GM Arcana

Game Master

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having some stuttering and FPS drops since the patch last week! We have released a fix in a patch on Friday, so this should be resolved for you. However, if you're still having trouble, can you download Display Driver Uninstaller and use this to uninstall and fully reinstall your Drivers? You can download the latest for AMD here, and for nVidia drivers, you can download here.

If these steps don't help, please submit a ticket here and let us know what steps you've taken, so we can help more! Have a nice day.

15. WisedudeBlack

Or...Pressure the devs to actually invest time into optimizing the game.There's a reason the game has multiple guides with multiple different steps to get somewhat of a smooth experience.

An example https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...4j/i_need_your_help_to_urge_the_devs_to_make/

Look at the most current uptodate guide to make this game run somewhat smoothly. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cyLaDiPL_B6nOZw_qPE_wOGuoeRT-qddTjevTFoFBkg/edit It's ridiculous.A game should not require this much work to run properly.

There's like 2-3 different instances where you have too use 3rd party software to either tweak the number of process the game uses because the game cant handle Hyperthreading,Tweaking of the game's priority,tweaks to the UI, and Multiple tweaks to windows10 itself and even then smoothness is not guaranteed.

Like,Seriously.No one cares for fixes to some neck seem to some random costume.Why are man hours spent on something like that.The whole thing is mind boggling.It's just frustrating at this point.

#15 WisedudeBlack, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  16. Alagare

y same for me

SonnyIgor likes this.
  17. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hi peeps!

Our devs are aware of all the reports from players. What we can do here is try to offer support to alleviate problems!
    We are constantly working tirelessly to try to fix everything and give you the best of games.

It takes time, it will take time, but it will get there.
    Thank you for collaborating in our forums ^^

SonnyIgor and MoreCoffee like this.
  18. WisedudeBlack

It's not just lagg.Some kind of frequent stutter was introduced with the patch 2 weeks ago which could be related to the lag.It happens frequently in cities and it can also happen when grinding.Whatever the patch did 2 weeks ago did it made the game more stutter prone from what I can tell.I even went back trying all sorts of stuff thinking it was an issue on my end because only few ppl noticed it or spoke about it but I'm pretty sure its the game fault at this point since it mainly started with the patch hit 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for atleast acknowledging the issue.

#18 WisedudeBlack, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Lazerhawkk and SonnyIgor like this.
  19. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

Been getting this myself

20. Silent84

The stutter is exactly after remastered, i am very sure, i got old videos, that i made and i got 0 problems, i remember i never get stutter when i grind, only in city's or getting close to city's, but now, stutter is everywhere! I hope soon they will fix it. :(