1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen God...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MagicalTabletopGirls, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MagicalTabletopGirls

Blackstar is here Stars End has been left on a cliff hanger...

SO... What does this:

e3zevxg2tn231.png

Have to do with this:

1552662654-cke4dgw.jpg

So many questions. So little answers.

2. MagicalTabletopGirls

My first theory is this is the next Black Abyssal Weapon in the Quest Line. It has many of the benefits of a PEN Kzarka however, it can't have Stones or Crystals.

My guess is the only reason we haven't gotten it yet is because the games business model became so focused on selling outfits to melt for Cron that its existence would be kryptonite for whales. It was probably programed with the intention that getting PRI - PEN would be much easier than it is now.

I doubt that weapon will ever be in this game without it costing you like a Grand or more to get it.

I really don't like what gaming has turned into: Here is a fun game but wait... We are going to create a problem for you and you can pay us to fix it. When you say, how much? They responded I don't know, RNG is RNG but because the Chinese & Japanese governments force us to tell you, your odds are 5% or less and Ill let you keep pressing that leaver all day long until you max out every credit card you own, you lab rat.

Maybe it just me but I miss the 90's... Shrugs

#2 MagicalTabletopGirls, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Sevn, Thranduil, Vunak and 4 others like this.
  3. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

another useless remnant of the main quest lines.
    Delete it, and if ever we get any use for it ask the gms to restore it.
    At some ****ing point they ll have to learn to not shove down our throats useles trinkets just to sell more ****ing storage and inv slots

4. MagicalTabletopGirls

Storing it isn't an issue for me just saddened that so much of the game is held back so they can fleece people for Cron over time rather than fix the enhancement rates. I'm not against things being a challenge but $60+ dollars to gamble on PEN with odds that you will be more likely to be killed by a drunk driver on New Years Eve than obtain seems kinda of cruel to me. I think the "infinite" progression crowd really stifled the development of BDO. I wish they would come out and say Ash Forest will be it. Not a line in the sand but a cap a hard cap. That nothing will ever be required for more than that spot and they will fine tune old forgotten spots to just reflect the current playbase.

Allan1985 likes this.
  5. Khondo

Fix enhancing rates? They clearly give you the correct % for success..... Oh you mean fix so they give you everything for free......

6. Khondo

Mystery can also spice up your life I am told !

7. TwilightAngel

tin hat time on the crons

8. TwilightAngel

Erm..... If any of the 90s games released today they would flop lol

Anywho each had their own complaints...... reason why blew up so large is due to it main client base was casual...... So far iv seen many MMO tried to release and during their beta testing players whine its to hard to the devs make it easier and dumb down so they have to come up with other ways then to keep players in game thus why RNG became more noticable

Every MMO since the 90s had RNG in it but they masked it better and not they dont care hide the RNG mechanics. The 90s MMOs where much more hardcore in my opinion then now days that how the player base is wouldn't want to play at all thus why those games are no longer around or why their player base is small and they had to overhaul the game mechanics and dumb things down for causal players

L2 use to have gear drop upon death and PvP everywhere and the newer emerging community cried and L2 mechanics got an overhaul and took away what made L2 fun..... also NcSoft is stupid company when it comes to its playerbase

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

This isnt a guess..Its stated business method, and is trained around the globe in classes where tuition justifies CEO's pay.

Skip to 6:19, and 12:40 to bear witness to the people Kakeo, Pearl Abyss, EA, Activision, Mobile FTP devs, and others get their training from on monetization practices in this industry.

iller and MagicalTabletopGirls like this.
  10. MagicalTabletopGirls

"Muh Free" is a meme and no one takes you seriously when you use it.

Sevn and iller like this.
  11. WinterMilla

The problem isn't makinng something rare or hard to get, its the fact you can use real world cash to soften if not bypass the whole RNG system. If the devs removed the ablity to buy costumes and removed all the pay to win features of the game, then you would have a point as then everyone could only used in game methods to earn money.

Remember my Line and I'll add to to it.

We create a problem, were there was none.
    When you ask for help, we shall sell you a solution.
    We help you not out of kindness, but out of a goal.
    You soon will forget the problem, but you will never stop suffering from.
    Yet you will hold us as heroes, yet we are the villains.
    You remember us not for our sins, but of the lies we tell you as we hide the truth.

12. Allan1985

he probably means fix as in fix, not as in "i dont see the problem because i am to blinded by my love for the game that i have decided its perfect"

MagicalTabletopGirls likes this.
  13. Khondo

:):):):):):)

14. Sandpit_

Only truly stupid, or truly disingenuous people argue by Reductio ad absurdum

Which are you?

iller likes this.
  15. Khondo

Neither, I just like the brutality of BDO enhancing. The RNG factor is not broken (in my opinion), it just adds longevity to the game. I like games that really require you to put in time or effort to play, instead of WOW clones that give you everything in the first month. Been playing for 3+ years and still have plenty to do in this game. BDO is a game that does not end, you just decide when you are going to jump off to another game.

16. Sandpit_

My post had nothing to do with BDO enhancement and everything to do with your stupid/disingenuous post.

If I were to criticise it would be that failstacks are not effective enough given they were supposed to be a mechanism to even out bad luck.

17. BDOMONSTER

The problem with all the posts like yours is that someone you remain oblivious to the fact that is the entire style of upgrading is just as it is that successive improvements get harder and harder. Its not an old one its the same as the 15 year old lineage 2 game used but far more forgiving than lineage 2. Its the same crap just a different pile from having to do 1000 raids to get the one item you want because how small the loot able is how rare the drop is and how many other people you go against to get said item. Even in easy mode WOW you can do hundreds of mythical runs and never get the top item grade you seek due to RNG. Its all gated by many factors out of your control like lock outs etc.... at least in these trype of systems the players are directly in control of the process needed to trigger the RNG and thats why many people prefer this style to "do your weekly raid, hope you get lucky and if not tough luck see you next week to try again.

The point being at some points it supposed to be very rare and require immense dedication its what most complainers simply dont get.

Khondo likes this.
  18. Sandpit_

I was complaining about the previous poster, not the enhance system. As I said, the only thing that seems off is the extra % you get for failstacking is so small that some people get high gear by being lucky where others keep failing with practically no compensation for the fail.

19. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Fake news. People keep bringing up L2 and I wonder if anyone has actually played it. Not even going to dignify this by typing out my reply again.

Please Fix or remove the enchanting system...

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. iller

"We're losing Dolphins & Whales ! ...Quick Raise the Level Cap Gear Treadmill again!"

Sorry but you're only Half Right.... it adds longevity for the small handful of lucky people who Succeed slightly sooner than the Designed / Targeted # of attempts. And it has somewhat of a shelf life for those who can CA$$$H-Money Force it. But for the hundreds of thousands of others who got caught in the "Bad Seed" accounts.... that one out of 9 or one out of 12 designed and targeted number of attempts can rapidly Explode to 20 or 30 failed attempts and we're only talking about TETs here. (No one should have NEEDED PEN, ever... they NEVER should have added mobs or group Instances with so much D.R. that you would even need PEN to beat them ... they should have been adding SMARTER A.I. and trickier Mob-Skills/Abilities to deal with)

And you KNOW the reason why....
    It's because the Failstack system is FAKE at higher levels. You don't even get a smooth diminishing curve at the end of it. It just plain stops. The success rate past a certain Stack # is capped meaning that it's not a real "bad luck Streak Breaking" system. And that means it's falsely advertised and intentionally manipulative / Predatory.

#20 iller, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    MagicalTabletopGirls likes this.