1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling animation applying during normal circumstances

Discussion in 'Striker' started by RavenousSix, Sep 11, 2018.

1. RavenousSix

They really need to revert or remove this falling animation they added above a certain height.

I'll just be trying to do a normal Fatal Smash flow and instead I'll be falling down to the ground completely unprotected face-planting right in front of my enemy and dying.

What is the point of adding a falling animation and having moves like Fatal Smash and Landslide?

I'm not trying to exploit or abuse game mechanics. I just want the move to work under normal circumstances.

Guts and DuckTapeArmour like this.
  2. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Hmm that sounds off.

I have been doing some grinding and a lot of fighting in Arena yesterday.
    At no point did i get falling animation on Q and any of its flows. All of them were executing properly.

The only few cases i got falling animation when I would start the skill from elevated position compared to my target, but that has been the case for a long time.
    For such situations you can use Nimbus or FA double jump, which if you do no further attacks stops the falling animation from triggering altogether.

Can you clip the issue you are getting, may help seeing it in action.

Will do a few controlled tests once i am back from work.

3. jangalangz

It happens a ton in node wars... happened to me last night. Got swarmed by 7 enemy players, tried to Q + F and hit a falling animation.

4. RavenousSix

It happens a lot to me, during grinding as well as PvP. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to interfere with the move itself during regular PvP which is really bad, it's easy to get you killed.

5. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I am at a loss then. Been trying to make my striker enter falling animation on Q-F and any of the Q flows, but never happens in normal conditions. For the past 6h of PvE and about 2h+ of pvp it did not happen once. It could be relating to desync, I guess, but if it happens often enough that may not be the case.

It is really weird that you guys are having it happen to you a lot. Wondering what the cause would be.
    Not sure if there was a bug report thread created already, but may be a good idea to start one and add your findings and results there.

6. Esix

Its worse now with ferocious assault since patch. Try jumping off a cliff and ull just drop before getting any air

7. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Yup I noticed that after playing last night. FA now will put you in falling animation when jumping from high place, before patch it wasn't.
    Sigh.. we can't have nice things man.

On the bright side Nimbus doesn't seem to be affected so if i wanna jump from high place I just Q-F. (havent tried from extreme hights but seems to work fine from 10-15m or so)
    Why they changed that i will never know. Its not like we were not taking the fall damage all it did was letting us continue after landing w/o the retarded fall animation and having to draw weps again.

Also it killed our ability to jump over gaps in terrain, which was a very enjoyable side effect of the skill even out of combat when traversing the world.

Guess I;ll just create a new thread in the bug section to confirm if they intended to kill the use of our jump for anything outside of combat lol.

#7 v.klishev, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Esix likes this.
  8. Preslavv

This↑

Dont really know why they added that falling animation after FA. I used it while grinding with combination with Spiral canon to avoid fall animation, and to jump over gaps in terrain, now it sucks... even when I tried to jump with fa from a small rock (max 1 m above terrain), still got into fall animation...

Esix likes this.
  9. Esix

Dark times boys

10. OldNewSchool

It completely ruined my gameplay because these skill had become part of my natural way of moving or engaging and now they just look unnatural and unusable in so many situation...
    Massive suppression was bugged for 4 months now this...really starting to loose my patience.
    Striker was already clunky now feels even more.

Esix likes this.
  11. Despins

Add the falling animation to the lists of "things we never really know for sure why it was added' including Magic DP and Clones ignoring Evasion. If you want the falling animation out, you need to want all the rest of that list removed.

12. RavenousSix

Yeah it's no fun, now I'm always worried it will happen when I am PvPing instead of focusing on the PvP, because it keeps happening and screwing me over.

I officially reported it as a bug, I sent in a ticket. I guess the more of us that send in tickets and let them know the better (maybe).

13. RavenousSix

Here is a video to help with the report on this. This is happening way too much now it's getting really bad.

14. Dark Eus

in the meantime, Lahn can fly over everything with np

15. RavenousSix

Reported this as a bug and it's under investigation. But it has been a long time now and no fix. The problem still happens.