1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan Made: Trailer Contest Winners! [Final Winners Announced]

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Ckay

Yo thanks, that's mine :)
    The Start was pretty generic with cinematics, though I kept it pretty clean which is good.
    Then yeah, when it gets to the combat... I am sure you can tell that fits my editing style quite well haha.

Just wish I had of done more combat or made it all combat based with a few of those cinematics transitioning.
    I may re-edit the footage to my own song of choice in the future.

Thank you for all the compliments. Hope others can see it the same way.

I don't have a guild either. So any position I get is from people that just like the video.
    Unfortunate that people can actually just tell guild members to vote.

E N I G M A likes this.
  2. Namoo

Two of my favorite trailers that I saw beforehand are up for voting and I was actually incredibly torn as to who to vote for... So good luck to everyone and regardless of who wins, it will be well deserved!

3. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

Guys you all did a great job!

These trailers are really good quality, they make you want to know more about the game. Our staff has voted with much interest and joy, I just wanted to let you know that we are very proud of all of you.

Thanks for supporting this magical world of opportunities, if BDO is a success it is because of your endless passion and collaboration!

Fanely, Tariya, Ckay and 4 others like this.
  4. Emylee

Just watched the 10 finalists in one video here and am still in awe ^^
    As I have to decide for one I'll go with Siris', but they all are just stunning! Awesome work everyone!

Siris EU likes this.
  5. Candles

I loved Siri's trailer from the EU server. +1000!

Gloubi likes this.
  6. Gloubi

Gloubi Veialis 60 EU

True, I participated and yet I find the trailer of Siris really amazing and magical. I very much like his plans and I wish him good luck! <3

7. Ckay

Waiting on the final results. Heard somewhere they were meant to post them on the 19th.
    Hopefully the votes are not lost haha.

Any day now.

Siris EU likes this.
  8. PsiGhost

Wow...
    not trying to hate the winner, but it's really sad that the voters probably didnt spend any second on actually thinking about whether a trailer is objectivly good or not. Literally every other trailer have atleast the basics done right and in addition a creative idea.

So let me tell you why i think the #1 trailer isn't that good:
    The basics
    • Mediocre video quality (really bad at 1:12)
    • Choppy framerate (especially in the last 1/3 of the video)
    • No color grading
    • Weird camera angels (e.g 1:17)
    • Bad audio fade-out at the end (tone of the music is climbing, but it's becoming quieter and suddenly just drops)
    The content
    • No "hook" in the beginning (guards standing around doing nothing - never seen before - definitly what makes BDO great /s)
    • Vacuous footage of BDO's city's (No "wow"-effect; e.g 0:39 Valencia is sooo much bigger and looks astonishing from afar, the video failed to capture these moments)
    • Weird scenes: 0:19 (wth is going on there?), 0:22 (What does this scene trying me tell?), 0:26 (Looks out of place and also uninteresting background), 0:30 (again, there are way prettier places in Mediah), 0:42 (Looks bland due to low graphical settings), 0:48 (horses lagging in the background - lul), 0:53 (and again, Trina fort has many better looking sceneries), 0:56 (As a non BDO player, this scene would just look confusing because you cant make anything out), 1:13 (compression artifacted mess; you cant really tell wtf is going on; if you pause and look closely you can see players lagging and clipping around - not something you want to show to new players), 1:18 (where the hell are the player effects?), 1:24 (not immediately clear what's going on) 1:27 (funny idea, but to an outside this might look bad because the model clips through the ground), 1:35 (jesus christ, again, the actual scene with the statues in the background looks way better, 1:38 (uninspiring scene)
    Overall
    • Boring pace
    • Bad to mediocre choice of footage
    • Showing back drops takes up waaaay to much time in the trailer
    • Literally nothing about one of BDO's best feature: Combat. Only blurry and confusing messes of siege wars.
    • Not a single impressive scenery
    • Dry recording and editing
    Call me salty or whatever, but if the community thinks that he is #1, he should be prepared for receiving heavy critique by others. Honestly, to me this smells like that some people have large guilds, if you know what i mean, because every other trailers have some elements that make them worthy of being in the first spot, but not this one. The voting was already biased by the unordered list (why even bother using a numbered list and not a dot list then?) and by the positioning on the voting form. I'm pretty sure that only a small part of the voters have really watched all trailers and made up their minds based upon their observations.

Please, for the next video contest: Make abundantly clear rules without any room for interpretations ("MAY use ingame music" - like wtf? can i use third party content or not?) and let the actual creators of Black Desert vote for the best video in their minds. This community can't be fully trusted. Just look at the whole p2w-, server lag-, exploit-, cheat-fiascos (and probably many others that i cant remember atm) currently and in the past.

P:S to the GMs/PMs/CMs or whatever: I'm not going to upload 37 gigabytes of footage for virtually useless items, so dont even ask me.

9. Ckay

Unfortunately, yes it will be 100% the result of a guild vote.
    You can see he had Guild/Node war footage, suggesting highly he is in a guild and would ask them to vote for him.

I mean, I had no one to vote for me other than those that liked it. And some definitely did. But it is whatever, I agree they should of just voted as staff for their personal favourites. As you say, someone will exploit. Either with alt Google Accounts, Guild Members, Giveaways that require people to vote, etc...

Siris EU likes this.
  10. Ellevria

I was hoping for Siris to win first place, but congratulations to the person that took 1st place.

Gloubi and Siris EU like this.
  11. Gloubi

Gloubi Veialis 60 EU

Congratulations to everyone.
    And thank you for voting for my video (5th place, I am very happy given the quality of the other participants).
    My favorite trailer was that of Siris. :) But congratulations to the first!
    Thanks to the Black Desert Online team for organizing this contest. I have been making videos for a short time (4 months) and it allowed me to improve myself while having fun.
    See you soon for new videos !

Moen likes this.
  12. Myke

Voted for Siris. The winner's trailer is good too, and also a lot of other trailes. Nice job.

13. Haylya

The one I prefered is Veialis, there is a real emotion, and it's not only a basic promotion of the game! I hope there will be other opportunities to see more trailers!!!!! Of course Congratulations to everyone, great job!

Moen and Gloubi like this.
  14. Siris EU

Good job everyone, and I'm happy for my second place.

But I'm not going to enter another competition if this is to be the voting system. (I was kinda shocked when I saw that it was a normal google doc account that anyone could enter.)
    It IS a good idea to involve the community, but maybe post a link to the finalists in the game launcher next time so it's more representative of the people playing.

NoMercy likes this.
  15. NoMercy

I have to admit buddy but your one was WAY better than the first place, you can clearly see that the voting system was corrupted by loaded votes, probably from his/her guild. I'm sorry to say but first place was total garbage, just different places panning from left to right, no real effects or talent shown.

but that's life, if you know how to bit the system then there you go and this guy clearly knew how to get votes, bribery probably and asked all his friends to vote for his/her garbage video..

I'm sorry you lost, most of the video's, including yours, were clearly better than his....

SteppenWarrior, Siris EU and PsiGhost like this.
  16. Jackomuddy

44th hey il take it : p

Ellevria and Gloubi like this.
  17. SteppenWarrior

That one is true winner, congratz! :):)

Siris EU likes this.
  18. Matys

Matys Matysek DarkKnight 60 EU

Congrats to everyone.

I can also agree that the voting system should be done differently, either make sure you can control who is and how much is he voting or the second phase should be decided by staff and first phase by community.
    I want to add that it was obvious that for some people the ranking will be wrong, because we have different tastes etc, otherwise one work would get 100% votes and rest would have 0, I personally liked the #9 trailer and I'm sad he is so low but there is nothing i can do about it, just deal with it.
    Lastly I will take some of the criticism that came after the results, the constructive one and I hope to deliver better content next time :)

#38 Matys, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  19. Ckay

Thanks dude, glad you liked it.
    Yeah shame it go so low, but as you can imagine a lot of contestants will of been in guilds and asked them to vote, exploited or whatever and I just didn't do any of that.
    Oh well, it was fun to take part in, and I gained a few fans that want to see more in the future. So we will see :)

Matys and Ellevria like this.
  20. Cekey

Cekey Warrior 61 EU

I dont know why people flame Matys when he basically showed everything this game has to offer most of the major Citys, PVP, PVE only things not shown are are grinding or arenas like rbf or so. Sure some shots are not good in his vid for example i dont like the entrance to sand grain but its almost impossible to not have them for someone who probably isnt a video editor or smth like that. Siris vid looks more like a expansion trailer for Valencia than a Trailer for BDO and makes it look like smth special is happening for sorc tbh.

Plunge likes this.