1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ/Guide: Tent what is possible, what not.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jannanomana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

So i got the pearlshop tent and tested some stuff:

-The Repair Price from the Pearl tent, is exactly the same then normal smith-repair price
    [​IMG]

-U cannot Overload your tent, 200LT max.

-U can use the tent as a mobile storage. Put an item in. move somewhere else in the world. summon the tent again, get those items. (only on same character)

-U can NOT summon tent on a different character if u have an item storaged in the tent

-The pearlshop "costume"/"items" for the tent are character bound, the tent itself is Family bound and can be used by everyone on your account.

-The tent offers some Villa Buffs. U only need ONE villa entrace (in the inventory) to get the ability to buy ANY villa buff (You can only get "1 Buff Categorie" at same time from the tent (skillexp-exp-desertresist-buff OR AP-DP-ccres-ccignore-buff OR energyreg-lifeexp-buff) Those are avaiable for 90minutes and 180 minutes.
    tent villa.PNG

-The tent offers some additional Buffs. U can only use ONE buff again. (10% skill exp, 10 mob AP, 40% desertresist)
    tent buff.PNG

UPDATE: the +10 mob AP tent buff does not stack with the battle AP buff from villa - If u use the 10 AP mob buff and then use the "villa battle ap tent buff" the 10 AP mob buff is gone! - Also if u use the EXP Villa tent buff and use the normal Tent skillexp Buf the 90 minute buff is gone and replaced with the 60minute buff! So be carefull what u choose, they override each other! Best chooses would be:
    -Grinding: 10 AP Mob tent buff + Exp Villa tent buffs
    -Nodewar: desert debuff ressit tent buff + Battle Villa tent buffs
    -Lifeskill: just get the villa buff

example:Starting point: i had villa exp buff that also has desert resist in it - but had replaced it with the desert resist from the Tentshop (lasted 34 min instead of 56 min like the others)
    Then i bough the Villa Battle Buff (Ap, DP, Life, CC res, CC ignore) -> the old Villa EXP buff is gone.
    Last i bough the Normal Tent MOB Ap buff -> the Villa Battle Buff AP is gone and replaces with the Mob AP buff, so to get back the 10 ALL Ap again, i need to buy the villa buff again, but then the Mob AP buff is gone.

[​IMG]

-The tent Villa buffs are paid from the money of the nearest town (like maids)

-U can exchange Silverbars/silver, buy potions and other stuff, but u cannot sell trashloot.

-The tent cannot placed in towns, on the way or near safezones.

-The tent has no cooldown and can be placed everytime u want (when u are not in battle)

-U can dye the tent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to use a tent at best, u need storage maids to store trashloot in the storage.

p.s. sry for my bad english, this was used to be a german guide, but i want to spread this informations with complete EU community.

update: the ability to use the tent for tradeing removed from the thread. cause it needs to be tested again. Coins, Fish doesnt work. but some stuff work.

#1 Jannanomana, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Dailou, Mal'Ganis, Kefrens and 11 others like this.
  2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62

Yay for the most useless and expensive item in pearl shop

3. Kenwulf

I have but one question: What are you going to do with all that time you saved typing 'U' instead of 'you'?

Bertille, Shauneh, Jaghasai and 8 others like this.
  4. deathtrip

:-? maybe "U" is a person?

5. Claydough

Is that seperate ap buff you get with the tent?

And does it stack with the other usual buffs and work for pvp?

6. Thranduil

Glad i didn't buy it, it's useless to me if you can't sell the trash loot.

Busche, Redarion and Brightcide like this.
  7. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Thank you for putting this guide here. But what does that above statement mean exactly? What are the pearlshop costumes/items?

Though some aspects of it are disappointing (the 200lt, trash-loot), I think if there is ever a sale in the future I'll pick one up anyway~

8. Kusaragii

Hmm. Sort of strange since I've seen Koreans swap their gear around with their linked character through the Tent's Storage. See video below.

So you can't do this with our tent?

Hemuk likes this.
  9. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Good to know. Maybe we can use one linked alt char with Elephant/Wagon to store items from grinding like Sausan armor drops.

10. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

They say char bound but you can take them out with any character. (bought mine with my Mystic and can take all that stuff with my tamer)

11. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

the pearl shop items are character bound (that u need to upgrade the tent to cashshop tent) you equip it like a horse skin or boat skin.

tent char bound.PNG

KotoRena likes this.
  12. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

not yet.. in german u get the message "das pferd gehört einem anderen spieler" - "the horse is optained on an other player" , when u have an item in the tent, and try to get it with a different character.

13. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

the buff u get from the tent (not the villa) is +10 AP agains monsters only. but yes it stacks ( with other ap/monster ap buffs), it has a complete different buff icon.

it does NOT stack with the Villa tent Battle Buff, then it gets overide.

#13 Jannanomana, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  14. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

na its fine. its like +200 LT + 16 invslots +mobile repair + pot shop + buffshop.
    16 invslots alone are 14$
    200 LT alone is 17$
    so 31$ for weight + inv slots that u can use on more then 1 character (if tent is empty). so u pay additional 14$ for a buff/potion/repair station. im fine with that. When i remember it correctly Gw2 has a ticket for 15$ where u can join a "mobile repair/vendor/shop station" for 30 days?

in bdo u have it forever, on every character ;) and u dont need to pay the ~ 18million each week for the normal tent stuff. 45$ for a permanent "addon" that helps you? im fine with that. and im pretty sure a "marniestone" shop will be added very soon too ;)

that actually the point why its a bit expensiv. cause u have it forever. its mostly in MMOS. e.g. costume 30 days cost 5$ - costume forever cost 40$.

Would u be happier when they would make the Tent a "subscription-valuepack-styleish" version? like 10$ to get it for 30 days? i doupt that. Guess if they make a Value pack that last forever for 100$, most people would buy it, cause its forever :)

but eastern is cooming very soon. so i guess 20% rabat coupons too :) so wait a bit and get a cheaper tent ^^

#14 Jannanomana, Feb 5, 2018
    Atron likes this.
  15. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

Post updated cause the Tent buffs and tent Villa buffs override each other. SO be carefull. dont waste 1.5million silver...

Anyone need to test if u can use the Villa buff from moveing to the Villa NPC and then use another villa buff with the tent. if that works. or u still can only use 1 Villa buff pack.

#15 Jannanomana, Feb 5, 2018
  16. KAT_Sumi

Can you sell anything to it at all? Like the green gear that mobs drop etc.

17. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

nope no trashloot, no gear. Only goldbars

18. Tasolth

Other than the "cool" factor, and the mobile villa buffs, I don't really see a point at all for the tent. Except in extreme cases.

Now if the tent allowed other players to repair, buy potions, and get buffs and you got a %............... (get the hint yet PA?)

19. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

na that would be op. if other can use the tent too

20. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

you can use your rabat coupon from 3rd aniversary to buy tent :)