1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far too much gambling

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KampersOwnedYou, Jul 7, 2019.

1. KampersOwnedYou

Although I would say bdo is the best mmo out right now, it also has far too many bad aspects which they fail to fix / change.

The game is full of gambling from buying from pearl shop like pets, loot boxes to so called RNG.

I really do hope they bring out further gambling laws to stop this.
    Kakao / PA have made far too many millions of pounds from players gambling.
    Pets is a big one as you have to buy a pet then buy the same pet again to attempt to get a higher tier pet. Then as you get higher in teirs, the % chance of success gets less. This is such a bad and greedy system. Firstly it makes no sense because two pets mate then both pets are deleted and you get one new pet. Why would both pets die every time ? They just wouldn’t. Bad system. It should be that you buy two pets then breed them which takes say 3 in game days. Then you should receive a baby pet and keep both original pets. Then you use the pets to level them up. Then there should be a pet tier exp bar or another way to level up the tiers rather than buy buy buy fail fail fail money down drain.

They should remove all gambling aspects from bdo.

Armour, weapons and accessories- why should they down grade on a fail ? Makes no sense. Did the blacksmith **** your item up every time you got a fail ? Well sack him them and get a new blacksmith who knows what he’s doing. It’s just a bad way to keep people playing the game. Personally when I fail from tet down to pri on one item I want to completely stop playing the game. Why should accessories blow up ? Makes no sense. Should be failed so nothing happened keep main accessory lose the second one not both.

C’mon devs sort this game out !

2. Kaytie

Gear downgrading is a way to prolong the game, if gear doesn't downgrade we'd all be PEN in a matter of weeks.
    As for accessories, they don't downgrade, they actually blow up unless you use Cron Stones, at which point they do downgrade, and this I don't really agree with.
    However, they do need to tweak this system, as for their worries on cash shop sales, cosmetics sell like hotcakes in every MMO, like people say, fashion is the real endgame.
    Reason I believe tweaks to this system is necessary is because, more often than not, people quit because of this system. The system is needlessly complicated for newer players which turns them off greatly.
    The failstack system is an incredibly boring process that honestly, they should just remove entirely. Make enchanting a set chance that can not be altered in any way. Getting Memory Fragments and enchantment materials are the only things that are needed, the failstack system is not at all needed and just makes it unnecessarily complicated and boring.
    But if they do this, blackstones will no longer have as much use, but there are other ways of making them useful, such as increasing the amount required to make concentrated black stones. Adding new things that require black stones is also an option.

The only reason I find this game boring at times, is because of the failstack system. It is just so incredibly boring. And its a huge turnoff for many new players.
    There's also the durability system, getting your hands on Memory Fragments is incredibly boring.
    But this can be fixed by doing two things, rewarding Memory Fragments for more things, and making scrolls less tedious to do, they take forever to do for no reason other than it taking too long to summon, and bosses coming out takes too long.
    Either increase Frags you get per scroll, or remove the animations for the spawning bosses.

They could make this game one of the top MMO's to play if they just sit down and really think about the current systems, and ways to make everything more fun to do, getting rid of the failstack system would be huge. Though there's other things bogging this game down such as server instability, optimization and clunky animations for things like jumping and swimming.

#2 Kaytie, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    KampersOwnedYou likes this.
  3. Lord_Xenon

I dislike downgrade(and god forbid destruction) but other systems could be worse. I like the +13-15 option(not the force the ones with the stones).
    Out of that they already gave an option to save enhance: Caphras. And no the excuse of buying is cheaper is not the problem.
    To the pets: The OP failed to check the options it seem? Afaik you can smash up to 4 pets together for up to 100% for even the hightest tier(4).

4. KampersOwnedYou

Wait ! What ? Explain the pet thing you said in detail please. Also what’s afaik ? As far as I know ? Afaik you can never get 100% guaranteed on bdo.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Afaik you never played BDO, since many things feature a 100% guaranteed mechanic.

6. Mimimimi