1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest way to level Training Skill?

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by glarty, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Starrberry

Starrberry Tamer NA

Ahh, I knew I did this once and then promptly lost all remembrance of it. Thanks :D Still don't like these forums much, hehe

2. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

As a master 1 I can assure you I need either 10 Levelups with a T8 or taming 10-15 T4/T5 to increase the progressbar by 1%. So in my opinion taming is more efficient than solo riding horses.

Miyumi and Nyrante like this.
  3. Horse Breeder Ralphy

I'm at Prof 10 86%, and the T6's that I'm currently leveling up give me 1% every 2.5 horse levels. Dunno if the tier of horse matters (frankly, I've never looked that much into it), but I don't recall the T8's I recently leveled giving me any more. :shrug: It's all moot anyway as I'll probably hit Art1 tonight/tomorrow, and it'll just get worse. =/ I'm just glad I don't need to wagon train anymore.

4. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit DeMinuit Kunoichi 61 NA

Well since you only get training xp on horse level, I would say leveling lower tiers for training xp is faster than using t8.

5. Horse Breeder Ralphy

Yes, but I think the question may be is whether the Training experience you receive modified by tier of horse. ie... a T1 horse may give 100 Training exp per level up, whereas a T8 may give 800 Training exp. If that's the case, I'd sooner level higher tier horses for Training Exp, until their level gets to the point where it takes extraordinarily long to gain another horse level. If it's not the case, then I'd probably ride a ton of T1's just to knock out a lot of quick horse level-ups.

6. Lady Minuit

I'm pretty sure the tier does not give you more Training XP, but I would need to find a source for it or test it myself to say 100% true (I'll try find a source). But I know this was part of what I wanted to devs to look at in regard of training. If it does give more, the difference is so minimal that it's probably more efficient to train lower tiers.

7. Ascaeldor

I'm pretty sure the higher the tier the more EXP you'll gain trough Levelup. (And yes, I rode a T1 from Level 10 to Level 30 and didn't get 1% :D)

8. Lady Minuit

Ok good to know. Well maybe for T1 but would be worthwhile to compare with T6 too!

9. Aqua Chama

I tried doing some level ups on a few alts. While not much, I assume it's fair enough to conclude that both tier and level increases the exp gain. Also seems that at least the vendor tier 1 mounts are complete garbage for exp, did not test with a tamed t1.
    I don't know if the exp numbers in the sheet is correct, they're just copypasted from the cooking exp. But assuming the conclusion stands regardless from looking at the %ages.

upload_2017-5-10_21-1-1.png
    Edit, also note that the tier 4 level 2 x2 is not a typo. I just had two of them that I each pushed a level on

10. glarty

@Aqua Chama - did you have VIP running when you did this and did you have pearl trainer clothes?

ps, thnx for the report too.

11. Aqua Chama

You mean VP (Value Pack)? If so, yes. And no, was not using pearl trainer clothes (keep in mind these are beg1 alts, no way I'd buy for all of them xD)

12. glarty

Thnx @Aqua Chama for info, yes VP (vip was a another game i played) .

Soooo, I've come across some info unexpectedly while trying to do something else.....

trainingticks.JPG

This was me using a stopwatch timing time between horse xp ticks while autolooping.
    Notice tick 7/16/26 there is over a minute period where there was no xp gain.
    I prolly missed a tick @ #7, so that's 9 ticks then an xp gap.

Now for pure speculation with no science or testing to justify .....
    Is this gap duration in horse xp gain reduced as your training level goes up?
    Does the number ticks before a gap happens increase as your lvl goes up?
    If yes, then there are more benefits of higher training lvl, aka, faster levelling to 30.
    (it could just be a flawed experiment too)

Anyway, I would like to ask a few high lvl trainers if they could spare some time to see if they are getting this same xp "gap", and if so, how long the period is, and the number of ticks before the gap happens.

btw, i'm skilled 3 atm.

#32 glarty, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Stillwaters and Nyrante like this.
  13. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

What was your loop like? I may be mistaken but I heard somewhere that if your loop is short you get periodic "overlaps" - your wagon back tracks after the turn over the same distance it just passed, and for some reason it does not count for exp. gain. For exp tick to happen the wagon needs to cover certain distance and if you goes back over the same stretch of land it does not count. I hope I'm explaining it right, and again - it needs checking I did not do the stopwatch thing myself :)

14. Shaynae

And was this solo riding or wagon?

15. glarty

Solo riding a horse on a minimum distance to get the tick, basically 1 tick in each direction.

After some more testing, looks like a false alarm.
    I'm not getting this effect in straight line riding long distances.
    Sorry for not checking more before posting.

But I will have to make sure that my afk training loops are not making this happening, not just set n forget in future.

#35 glarty, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  16. Life Aries

Great thread and discussion here. Thanks everyone for contributing. I'm Artisan 5 training, and I have a bit of my own experience to offer in case it helps. I do not have numbers to back it up, but I only started playing the game 4 months ago, so a lot of this training work has been done over a very short time. I have a T8 courser already and have saved up numerous mats in preparation for the T9, but the Master 1 quest is my objective.

Taming Mounts
    In my experience, even all through the Professional tier, this is by far the fastest way to actively level your training skill. It can be incredibly tiresome, but even at Pro 10, you can move the needle 8-12 points an hour if you stay focused. Additional notes:
    • The tier of the horse does not seem to matter. I have a small sample of data from Artisan tier training that leads me to believe there is no difference in the amount of XP you get per level. I may confirm this with a lower level alt when I have time, but you can skip ahead to the Artisan Leveling section to see the sample I collected.
    • I've tried two approaches: 1) speed through your preferred spawn locations and nab the tier 4+ mounts and return for the lower tier (or switch servers); and 2) nab each horse up in your preferred spawn locations as you go (not skipping the lowbies). For me, approach 2 is more effective. Hunting down the high level horses just wastes more time looking around.
    • This is probably going to go against the advice of others, but IMO, doing the whole "two birds/one stone" thing is not effective with horse training at least from a perspective of grinding levels. For me, I hop on my T8 courser when farming; when I need an AFK, I'll swap over to a farm wagon or throw a saddle on one of my horses in queue. Reason being, is that whatever horse your training is going to be slow, or have untrained skills, etc. You can ride a horse for 4 hours as you're doing your other work and at the end of it have not nearly 25% of what you will have gained while auto-looping. In my opinion, better to do 3 hours of work on a fast horse and use the extra hour to auto loop.
    • If you are just farming horses, you're going to need to server hop assuming you have preferred spawn locations (I mostly stick to the Balenos horses, and I have not yet tried broader area searches). I do not have exact times, but it does seem like a horse respawn timer is actually an RNG of a range that can be anywhere as low as 1.5 hours or up to 2.5 hours (maybe even 3, it can be hard to tell what may have been picked up in between server transfers -- I'd like to think it is /always/ 2 hours or very close to 2 hours (+/- 10 mins), but I can't confirm it to be that narrow at this time).
    Training Mounts
    I already have the horse I want to make a T9; I'm not particularly focused on silver, so this advice is not going to be helpful for people who want to make money through breeding. I only train mounts for two reasons: 1) Imperial Training tokens (for t9), and 2) training experience while AFK.
    • Many people have noted that getting low level horses and taking advantage of their lower levels to get more XP is the best way to get the most XP from training. I do not have enough experience on this to weigh in proper beyond already having identified that taming is faster than training, so I personally only keep the following horses when tamed:
      • T1 -- Level 8+
      • T2 -- Level 10
      • T3 -- Level 10
      • T4 -- Level 10
      • T5 -- Level 10
      • The horses listed above are the easiest to expedite to 15 and sell for tokens. I'd say I get somewhere around 200 tokens a week, and I try to keep a mixture of the different tiers so I have different choices to AFK loop depending on how long I'll be away.
      • Exceptions: If a horse looks like it has Courser potential, I will hang onto it if I have enough room in the stables (regardless of tier). A 100k T4 can turn into a couple million to the imperial trader by the time he hits 15 if he happens to pick up a missing courser skill.
    • I use a 2 horse wagon (farm wagon because easy to replace ad hoc) for most of my training. Tier 5s I tend to train solo because 2 tier 5s in a wagon can take well beyond overnight to go from level 10 to level 15. When choosing between solo vs wagon, I go off the mindset that the 2 horse wagon is more efficient than solo mounted, BUT, I choose which I do based on the type of AFK. Asleep for the night? Wagon. Eating lunch at keyboard? Solo mount (see Life Skill Pairings section -- being on a mount is a lot easier to do side stuff ESPECIALLY if you'd like to tame a new horse)
    Costumes and Outfits
    Just a couple notes on the costumes/outfits/gear I've tried:
    • Trainer's Clothes -- You get these at Pro 1. It doesn't say what the mount XP is (I'd say it's either 10% or 15% but no more), but it adds training XP (10%) and also indicates that you can level horse skills faster as well as "tame them easier". I used the pearl shop to turn this into a costume; it allows me to wear the normal training clothes underneath these. This is my preferred costume. As for the easier taming, I can't say I've noticed much more than 4 sugars working 90% of the time whereas previously I used 5. The mini-game/fight seems unaffected, and as much as I'd like to think it happens less, there are still horses I get that trigger the mini-game 5 times, so I'm hesitant to believe it's affected.
    • Silver Embroidered Trainer's Clothes -- You get these at Skilled 1 (or is it beginner 1?), but I believe they can also be made and you can enhance them. I have mine at +1 which gives 10% mount XP. I have not a found a reason not to wear this as gear over something else.
    • Venia Riding Attire -- I got this from the Pearl Shop. It gives 20% mount XP as a costume and definitely gives more mount XP than the Trainer's Clothes, but not by much. Certainly not enough to give up the 10% training XP (or the hassle of switching between the two).
    Training Pairings
    I've found that you can work on your training as well as the following fairly effective with a bit of thought to it.
    • Hunting -- If you include the Balenos horse spawns in your rotation, you will be going right through the Olvia hunting grounds. If you like to hunt, there is no good reason not to stop and pick up the dailies while clearing horses. I'm Pro 8 Hunting, and a good 50% of that is just from spending 30 minutes in the hills once a day. There are three horses at the top of the mountain, and three dailies. You can literally grab 1 quest, go up and get update, grab a horse, come back, get next quest rinse/repeat.
    • Farming -- If you prop up your farm plots near one of the horse spawn locations, you can AFK loop your horse around both the spawn location and your farm. If you're able to pop in every so often, you can do farm maintenance and see if any of the horses nearby are worth grabbing. One other thing about farming is that the byproducts are one of the T9 mats; I've got a little over 2k combined (farming Pro 8), so if you're focused on the T9 think farming is a good way to go.
    I'm far from someone that should be considered a definitive guide on the subject; I'm still fairly new to the game, but the information above represents my findings so far and have been pretty effective for the most part (for me). I hope it is helpful to others.

Artisan Leveling
    I had read in a previous post (perhaps in this thread, or maybe another), that a user estimated Artisan 1 to be roughly 100 horses, Artisan 2 roughly 200, and expected it to continue in such fashion. I can add that I also found this to be true for Art 1 and 2, and found that Artisan 3 was roughly 300 horses, and Artisan 4 roughly 400 horses. This is with the value pack running, sute tea, and the Trainer's Clothes bonus (10% training XP). In the Artisan 5 tier, I took the time to track a few percentage points to see if I could determine a benefit from capturing different horses. In conclusion, I do not believe that the tier of the horse matters (nor its level or value in silver when sold).

45% on Reg Tier 1
    - Tier 3, Lvl 6
    - Tier 1, Lvl 5
    - Tier 1, Lvl 8
    - Tier 1, Lvl 1
    Tiers = 6
    Lvls = 20

46% on Reg Tier 1
    - Tier 5, Lvl 8
    - Tier 1, Lvl 10
    - Tier 1, Lvl 5
    - Tier 1, Lvl 7
    Tiers = 8
    Lvls = 30

47% on Reg Tier 1
    - Tier 1, Lvl 9
    - Tier 1, Lvl 1
    - Tier 1, Lvl 2
    - Tier 1, Lvl 9
    Tiers = 4
    Lvls = 21

48% on Reg Tier 1
    - Tier 4, Lvl 2
    - Tier 3, Lvl 7
    - Tier 4, Lvl 4
    - Tier 2, Lvl 2
    Tiers = 13
    Lvls = 15

49% on Reg Tier 2
    - Tier 5, Lvl 4
    - Tier 5, Lvl 3 (2.5m)
    - Tier 3, Lvl 5
    - Leveled Tier 7 Horse - 21 -> 22

50% on Leveled Tier 7
    - Tier 3, Lvl 8
    - Tier 5, Lvl 3
    - Tier 3, Lvl 7
    - Tier 3, Lvl ?
    Tiers = 14
    Levels = >18

51% on Reg Tier 3
    - Tier 3, Lvl 9 (1.1m)
    - Tier 1, Lvl 7
    - Tier 2, Lvl 10 (1m)
    - Tier 5, Lvl 8 (1.6m)
    - Tier 2, Lvl 7
    Tiers = 13
    Levels = 41

Artisan 6: 500 horses
    Artisan 7: 600 horses
    Artisan 8: 750 horses
    Artisan 9: 900 horses
    Artisan 10: 1000 horses*

Afterthought About the Purpose of Training Level
    Most people would initially be motivated to level training for the purpose of getting more XP for their horses. Other people have mentioned in many other threads that the amount of XP your horses earn due to increased training level is negligible. Either through experience or conjecture, most people have concluded that it'd likely take years to get a return on a greater amount of mount XP from increased training level than just looping your horses instead of running around taming them. I'd have to agree. The only real reason I can recommend striving for higher level in training is to get the extra daily for the T9 awakening. I have seen no other benefit of significance as of Artisan 10.

Status Update: Master 1 Achieved
    Finally got master 1, so I can do the bonus daily for T9 awakening that gives two tokens instead of one. Feels good to be free of taming 20-130 horses a day.

Edits
    10/5/17: Artisan 5 now, so I have a lot more "grind" experience catching horses -- the most I caught in one day was a little over 110 horses. I updated the respawn timer since what I had posted previous was inaccurate. I also included information about my experience leveling training in the Artisan tier.
    10/7/17: I collected some data to determine if the tier of the horse mattered. My findings led me to believe they do not when I had previously thought they had.
    10/20/17: Added number of tamed horses needed for Artisan 6 and 7.
    11/1/17: Added number of tamed horses needed for Artisan 8.
    11/25/17: Added number of tamed horses needed for Artisan 9 and 10. The * is to mark that I added 6% training XP via pets which would likely explain the smaller increase from 9 to 10 than previous levels. Also added an afterthought regarding the reason for leveling training.
    12/20/17: Achieved master 1 on 12/18 and added a status update. No more edits coming, but please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Family name is Life_Aries.

#36 Life Aries, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  17. Hemuk

You can highlight the part you want to respond to with your mouse and a little poppup will appear with the word "Reply", click that and it auto quotes it.

Starrberry likes this.
  18. Ascaeldor

upload_2018-8-23_2-58-44.png
    You're only about 1,5 years too late for that info :D

Starrberry, Hemuk and Shaynae like this.
  19. Hemuk

LMAO So many tabs, I lose sight of what's what lol

Starrberry and Ascaeldor like this.
  20. Starrberry

Starrberry Tamer NA

Hehe.....I was like "wuuuuut?" I knew it was kind of old but wasn't sure how old when I looked to see what the alert was. But thanks :D

Shaynae and Ascaeldor like this.