1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

February 2019 Popularity Poll & Other Messages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

febpoll_mini.png
    ^ CLICK IMAGE TO ACCESS POLL ^

[​IMG] Hey hey folks o/

♦ First, let me say a great big Thank You! to each and every one of you that has joined us on this great journey that we have been slowly trekking along on. Our train my be rolling along at a slow pace, but for sure it is steady, and it is progressive, and we most certainly could not have accomplished so much since October 2018 without each and everyone of you.

♦ Second, we appreciate your continued support and patience. We are currently down two librarians due to real life reasons, and our best thoughts go out to them :bongohearts:. We have expanded our Library roles to include several assistants and discord liaisons from multiple BDO communities to assist us with internal Library projects going forward so that we smooth out rough edges before coming to you here. We wish to welcome Whitrix, MaIefic, Rei, Jolipixy & IppoTsuko as our new Assistants and Discord Moderators. Additionally we would also like to welcome GMFluffyPanda & CMGoodVibesGuy for joining us on our adventure!

♦ The above survey contains the last of older indexes that needed to be voted on by the community. We apologize that it is indeed a bit lengthy as the last one, being a "MegaPoll", however, this clears up old business and will allow all future polls to be smaller and centered around "new suggestions".

consenting-hearts-gold-divider.png
    From the January Poll (last month), the following Suggestions, having gained at least 3 Stars, have passed the Public Voting, and will be moving onward to be indexed into the central document of the EUNA Feedback Library. They have been assigned index numbers, and will appear at the bottom of the sheet as new entries. We wish their creators all the best and hope they become a part of the game one day. Thank you for voting!
    BD0048 ★★★★
    Node Wars - Installations
    "Allow node war flags to be removed"

BD0139 ★★★
    Class Balance - Skills
    "Every grab skill should have super armor on success/hit, and no protection on failure/miss. Grab should be a high risk high reward play."

BD0143 ★★★
    Events - New Content
    "Design an event, where the "Spirit of Krogdalo" (a giant world boss horse) appears, and trainers have to try and "tame it" to "defeat it". "

BD0161 ★★★
    Mounts - New Content
    "Create a new wagon, that has 6 or 8 horses, is much slower than other wagons, but carries much more weight comparatively."

BD0170 ★★★★★
    Guild System - Guild Skills
    "Allow Guild Officers to be able to use Guild Buff Skills"

BD0188 ★★★
    Events - Encore
    "Keep the character exp sharing as a permanent feature, and be able to share exp with any character without level cap; however, the main character would only receive 75% of the experience from combat grind, while the tagged character would receive the other 25%. Boost items would not effect the experience that is accumulated for the tagged character (so the system is not OP)"

BD0190 ★★★★★
    Guild System - QOL
    "Provide a method so that the Guild Master can view the grand total of all "Wages" not yet claimed, or view the individual wages not yet claimed."

Additionally, while reviewing the polling results from January, we noticed that two of the suggestions on the poll were recently also implemented by the developers! Huzzah! You can find information on these entries by following this link.
    consenting-hearts-gold-divider.png

In other news, the Library has been working on a Costumes Comparisons Worksheet. At the current time we are mostly finished, aside from a few bits and pieces here and there, but for all intended purposes we are able to present the main information that we wanted to show which was the availability of costumes within EUNA, and Globally, among the different character classes. The worksheet has been integrated into our central document, and you can view it by following this link, and clicking on the Costume Library page.

Here are several samples of comparisons that we are able to make from this, and we hope to continue adding more information for more various comparisons. If there are any type of comparisons you would like to see, please message a Librarian and we will look into accommodating requests.

upload_2019-1-31_22-44-37.png

upload_2019-1-31_22-45-34.png

upload_2019-1-31_22-45-46.png

upload_2019-1-31_22-46-7.png

upload_2019-1-31_22-46-14.png

We have several more projects lined up to showcase other concerns, as well as some community interactive projects in the works. Again, we appreciate all of you taking time from your gaming to participate in our surveys, polls, and organized discussions. We have no doubt your efforts will make Black Desert the best game it can be.

As always, Discord participants get first whack at all new surveys, polls, and preview peeks of projects in the works.
    Won't you join us in the discord? https://discord.gg/WsJpAMg

~Cheers​

Untitled-1.png
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBHoFTByrEHyPgwRz3OykuS4vPi9hwl-z5St30AF9vJ7G0FA/viewform

[​IMG] Hey hey folks o/

We hope everyone has had a great holiday, and Happy New Years to everyone. As of today, the EUNA Feedback Library has re-opened the discord with some structural changes, and some new nifty features! We also have ready for you the January 2019 Popularity Poll with this months batch of BDO# entries for you to vote on (click link above).

As we continue to learn with each survey, we also continue to change and adapt. The previous Mega100 was indeed quite large, and we wanted to slim that down some without loosing the direction we needed to be going. So in this survey, we will have 50 BDO# entries already on the Main Index, and 10 FSN entries from the polling station.

Entries from the polling station that garnish enough votes, will be automatically moved into the Main Idex, and retain their popular votes.

Discord Changes
    • Welcome aboard CM-Goodvibesguy!
    • The amount of channels have been greatly reduced from 90+ to 40+
    • Categories have been revamped, see #discord-info for layout and usage.
    • Webhooks have been installed to bring us updates and announcements - Some of our favorite NPC's have volunteered to bring us news regarding updates, patches, special announcements, twitter, invenglobal, and global-lab!
    • The Library's Live Form will now auto-post all new FSN's into discord
    • Community extras have been added including Newbie help, Guild Invites & Adverts, and Now Streaming notifications.
    • Suggestions & Discussion section have been revamped
    • All previous discord discussions & posts have been archived - These have been zipped up & available for download (public channels only) - These will be gone through overtime, and sent to #Suggestions for voting
    • Server member count now over 900! Rock-On!
    • We have also elected some new "Assistants",similar to "moderator". - Our currently selected Assistants are Whitrix, Rei, Jolipixy, and Maiefic to help us in within the Discord. This position may expand as needed.
    • A "Winners-Circle" channel was added to house BDO#s that have been implemented, or selected.
    • Our bot webhooks may be a bit buggy, but we will monitor these moving forward
    • The FSN Polling Station has had a minor update to allow Librarians to more easily sort through entries

Multi BDO-Discord Server Broadcast Tool

In an effort to continue bridging the gaps in multi-directional feedback among our fellow BDO Community members, we have crafted an optional voluntary tool, that will allow BDO Discords to receive broadcasted messages from the BDO Staff directly to their discord. These messages may pertain to announcements, patch notes, important service messages, and the like. We realize that not every player uses the Official Forum, or visits the Official Website even, but there are many players within the discord servers under the BDO umbrella, and we hope this tool assists in reaching out to them.

How to participate
    1. Create an appropriate channel within your discord to receive the messages. The channel should be publicly visible, but not publicly postable.
    2. Create a Webhook in your discord and select the channel you have chosen. Goto Server Settings, and click the Webhook Tab, then click "Create Webhook", Select the channel you just created where the messages will appear
    3. Fill out the Sign-Up Form below -- That's it! You're done! Oh, and don't forget to give your webhook a nifty name or avatar for flair!
    Q. Can anyone sign my server up?
    A. No, You must be the Owner, Administrator, or Moderator of your Discord to sign-up for this program feature.

Q. What if I no longer wish to participate in this program feature?
    A. You may opt out of this feature at any time by deleting the webhook from your server.

Q. My server has a lot of people in it. This won't disturb them will it?
    A. No, This feature will not use "mentions" or "mass-mentions".

Q. Who will be able to use this to post messages?
    A. Only Official BDO Staff will have access to the MBDSBD Tool.

Q. How will the message be displayed?
    A. The message will be displayed exactly how it has been input.

Q. Can any BDO Discord server sign up for this program feature?
    A. No, Only BDO Discord Communities that are under the scope of the EUNA Region may participate in this program feature.

Q. What if I need to change my webhook?
    A. Contact a BDO Ambassador (Librarian) and they will have it changed for you.

Q. Does this replace other sources of BDO information?
    A. No, this is only a voluntary tool, that may be used as an additional outlet for spreading news, updates, and info. We always strongly encourage checking the Official BDO website and forum for the latest and most up-to-date information.

Q. My webhook url allows messages to be posted to my discord. How safe is my URL?
    A. As with all Library features, your privacy is our TOP concern. Only Official Staff and Program Coordinators will have access to the information on the Signup Form. You can revoke your URL at any time, at your sole discretion, by simply deleting the webhook from your server.

Q. What is a webhook?
    A. A webhook allows online applications to interact with your discord. See link for documentation
    https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/228383668-Intro-to-Webhooks

Additionally we are working on new survey line for New Adventurers, as well as a few other content related surveys, and should have more information soon

Best Regards & Happy Adventuring ^_^

#1 Andaro, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Galatia, Kibb, Mana_Mafia and 2 others like this.
  2. Vanadiel

Working player and guild journals would be nice...

3. piratebeowolf

Mine work but had to disable Daylight savings time

4. piratebeowolf

Is there a way to see where our Webhooks will be displayed? or what access they will do/need?

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Because the webhook allows the tool to message your discord as a bot, they are kept strictly private and confidential within the Library's Cloud Drive, and thusly are unable to be viewed by anyone other than Official Staff and Program Coordinators (Ambassadors aka Librarians)

If you decide to opt out, at any time, for whatever reason, you simply delete your webhook from within your discord, and the link we retain becomes invalid.

No accesses or special privileges are needed by the webhook as these are built directly into Discord. Where the messages are posted is entirely up to you, depending on what channel you selected for the webhook to communicate to.

Tldr, no, and none.

6. piratebeowolf

ok so I could make an Official BDO News Channel and it would post updates, patch notes etc?
    I know I can edit and tweak the webhook so thats ok

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Correct, you can name the webhook whatever you wish, whatever avatar you want, and assign it to whatever channel you want it to post to.

What messages it will bring, is whatever message the Staff input into the form.

The feature itself does work, as I have tested it on a small batch of servers already, but, once we get a larger amount of discord communities enrolled, then we'll have a large test first, just to make sure everything's in order. If all goes well, then the Staff will be able to use this feature (as an additional method) if/when necessary to reach a larger audience of players that may not visit the forums, or read tweets.

#7 Andaro, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Whitrix likes this.
  8. Joungf

Hey Ambassador Andaro
    Have a look into that thread:
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/megathread-poll-dungeons.366653/
    Maybe you can add those suggestions and ideas or can forward them to the people who are in charge of.
    Thanks.

Rahuu and Ben Phoenix like this.
  9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I noticed the thread and read it.
    I admit I am a bit behind in responding to topics in the suggestions forum, but hopefully our new discord integrations will assist in processing these more efficiently.

Dungeons would be great, and many already agree, if you have followed our previous surveys, particularly the DevQA. There is also already an entry in the library regarding dungeons/raid, although not specific in detail, so it is good to have some examples of dungeons / raid designs players would like, for if they ever do decide to add one or something similar.

Rahuu, Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
  10. Blitzball

I'm still waiting for a class balance popularity poll zzz

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Funny you bring that up, I have been giving it much consideration. It's a bit difficult to conceive since I don't want to simply do "do you agree this class should have blank on blank"......as that itself really just becomes an "echo chamber" as it was put to me once.

Rather, I think we can have more impact in showing comparison over what mechanical aspects hold up against others and what mechanical aspects players are most unhappy with. As we discussed in the Cord, QoL and simple suggestions are easy, new ideas are easy, general states of opinion are easy......

But when it comes to "cores" of the game, there are so many variables, mostly in the players themselves, that the difficulty of expressing core issues in a way that stands outside bias becomes exponentially more difficult.

Nevertheless it has not been forgotten, and will most likely be broken down into its own series.

Stillwaters likes this.
  12. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

uf i missed something idk what ot post here

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

@Andaro, your op provides no link and no explanation about how to access January poll.

14. Blitzball

Click on the banner

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks, I couldn't figure that out.

16. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Please accept my humble apologies, I R Nub....the link was on banner click. I have included text instructions below to absolve this confusion.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks, that makes it easier for old bags of dirt like me that need instrcutions :D

Survey done, I was glad to see so many good ideas included and I hope many of them will get implemented in BDO.

Stillwaters likes this.
  18. Catastigma

Pearls shop idea should be prohibited.

Still, there is nothing really congruent in ideas. few quality of life.

The survey should be more about the big question.

A survey should give an idea for Pearls Abyss in which department they should put the most energy.

Instead of giving small suggestion totally benign. See totally silly ideas. like that of an elephant Elk ... We're not on WoW... what next for march ? A Demon hunter classe with Warglaive ?

Concrete ideas and well formulated. who go into BDO philosophy.

The relevance of the suggestions is important. Filtered is not so difficult. out of 50 suggestions. half are totally irrelevant and few completely destructive.

#18 Catastigma, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I should point out that this is a "Popularity Poll" for voting on suggestions that have come forth from other, unlike a "Survey" which is crafted to aggregate feedback on a subject. The difference can be noted by their construction, notations in the survey details, and how the results are presented.

Popularity Polls give voting weights to submitted entries to show more effectively which ideas were more or most popular, and the results are displayed as "weighted stars" next to that entry in the main index.

Surveys are displayed graphically in separate results pages to show consensual view leans on particulars within a subject.

Whitrix and Catastigma like this.
  20. seanas

wow, so many 'I do not support' choices from me this time around. Thanks, as always, for the work in putting this together, even if I don't agree with most of the proposals!

Stillwaters likes this.