1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback for new Skill window

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SkullMonkey, Jul 8, 2020.

1. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

It isn't game breaking since it's still just an UI and in most cases people just need to get used to it, bu honestly I liked it a lot more before. Greyed out skills confuse me and they just seem to take space for no reason. Don't understand why do I see succession skills in my main tree even if I play an awakening (the cross/swords icons did just a fine job in telling us which skill should we level up for succession anyway).

They removed the skill levels to be seen simply by hovering over them and now you need to press the small arrows which kind of breaks that small satisfaction of leveling a skill up (for me at least). They removed all the ''trees'' for single skills and put them all in the one space, yet it somehow takes a lot bigger space then it used to, and personally I find it a lot harder to navigate. A simple scroll down never hurt me while searching for skills, and now I need to press a lot of buttons just to find a simple info for one skill level.
    Also don't see the point in previewing skills either. I am aware that in certain situations the small windowed previews didn't work but I'm sure that could have been fixed. I try skills in the game anyway so don't see a point of a huge white place showing me how a skill looks like.
    Luckily, personally I don't have to customize cooldowns and quickslots because of the way I play, however my friend plays another class and they need to have a lot more buttons and quickslots/cooldowns available and it just seems like it's a lot harder to set them up and takes more time. And they keep reseting over and over.

My biggest issue is that the skill window is way too big now. Just when we got an option to resize some stuff from the old UI, now they give me this which takes 50% of my whole screen.
    I have a feeling they added way too mcuh things on it now, to make it clearer for new players but failed, because instead you just have a lot of text giving you too much unnecessary info and taking too much space. When I was new I had 0 issues with the old one. As you play your class you eventually learn without any issues which skill is where, and if you want to know what it does just hover over it. All these ''passives'', ''secondary skills'' just confuse people.
    I have a feeling as if they wanted to make it more simple, but in the end just made it more complex :T
    Too much categories, too much clicking just to see a skill or to find one you need, too much space being taken, too much stuff that isn't needed. It is less simple and harder to navigate. And everytime you try to make it smaller within the same window (minimize passives for example.), it expands everytime you open it again. We can already edit black spirit rage from our screen, why do we have another button for it yet again in the skill window?
    The only thing I like with it is that it has small icons showing the effects of each skill, this is usefull since I play a lot of alts and I often forget which skill does what.

Sorry for a wall of text, maybe a simple ''I agree with others, the UI is not so good'' would suffice ;_;

#41 onaco, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Ben Phoenix and Jinoro like this.
  2. Ben Phoenix

They are complicated people, at PA.

Jinoro likes this.
  3. Solfjell

Solfjell Lahn 62 EU

I don't like the new skill tree, It is just super confusing and an annoyance to deal with.
    Could we at least have it so we can choose between the new and the old one?

:(:(

4. Aysnvaust

bdo hq.jpg

5. Joungf

It took them more than four years to design a new skill tree UI and you want them to let you chose between new and old? :O
    How dare you!
    :D
    Jokes aside, it seems to be a big issue for PA offering 2 or 3 different UI design and allow the player to customise up to 3 template and save them so thew player can switch between them. That is what I would expect from a good game as a player / customer.

Éternel and Jinoro like this.
  6. Éternel

It's called job security... they intentionally make bonehead decisions so that they need to endlessly "fix" them. I mean look at their track record with balancing classes... Don't worry, in a year or two, we'll get another bunch of terrible UI changes to fix the most recent changes...

#46 Éternel, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  7. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Those decisions could be did by halfbrained monkeys and would be generally better. They must have more job offers than demand in Korea.

8. Kubla

I have been playing this game over a year now and this is the first time I have to really complain about something, I agree with the "confusing mess" I can't imagine how a new player is going to make any sense of it let alone veteran players. I farmed a buch of skill points and went to use them, looked at that thing said forget it I will make do without the new skills.

We need the ability to have an old UI switch, the previous one was far more intuitive and easier to understand, let the players choose, or let us develop our own UI's like we can in other games.

9. Solfjell

Solfjell Lahn 62 EU

Yes, yes I want thatD:<

Jinoro likes this.
  10. Joungf

How about a poll then? I directly would chose the option where player can select between 2 or 3 different UI designs, create up to 3 customised layouts and save them so they can switch between the. ;-)

Jinoro likes this.
  11. Shawnn

Swear every time I open this window it feels like an absolute chore.

Jinoro likes this.
  12. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

We have the new window since a month ago already. Still being a **** and hard to read. It's not matter of "u need to give it a chance" but more "it's bad design" thing.

Yuugo likes this.
  13. Keophiroun

Honestly the old UI for both skill and setting was better because it was simple small and easy to understand. The new UI are just too big and clunky hard to understand, simplicity always better than confusion complication.

Jinoro likes this.
  14. woots

I kinda like the functionality ( & organization ) of the new skill window, but as usual with their new UI, its WAY TO BIG, way too much scrolling

allow to
    - zoom out ( as an option ) => more skills on the screen
    - Set that as a "movable" windows instead of that freaking fixed windows
    - resize the windows
    - review how you navigate from one skill rank to another
    - #$%@ let us drag & drop skills to the CD quick slot instead of using that stupid menu for that.

And imho its going to be a fine skill window.

Shawnn likes this.
  15. enterthesalt

having played a completely new character and class after the change had been made for a while, this was my experience while hunting:

open window without preview to keep eye on char > read the description > close window > try it out > open window > click preview to make sure what i saw matches the animation showing (because there is overlapping inputs) > scroll way too much to figure the stats on passives (and since passives often alternate in stats, you would be making that awkward click to find the next level stat)

..I am having to go extra useless steps to figure out my skills with the new ui. this experience made me not want to raise the hashashin you guys worked hard to promote.

with the old ui, you could look at skill descriptions, how well they scale with leveling, and figure out which animation it did all without clicking one button AND keeping an eye an my character in game (in case of mobs, pvp).

please just admit to the bad design and add in the option to go back to the old ui.
    you're deterring people from learning your fancy new classes.

call me overly sensitive or lazy or whatever, but they need to know they had a really good ui and threw it out for a shitty one.

Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.