1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback for new UI

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GenericUser, Oct 8, 2019.

1. GenericUser

Why ya'll gotta do me dirty like that? Organizing all my stuff to fit nicely into rows of 8, and you foist this upon me! I mean if you were going to revamp the UI, couldn't you have at least made the warehouse items moveable, like a person's personal inventory? I have grain in my enhancement supplies row, condiments in my vegetable area,and salt and sugar in my meat department, it's madness I tells ya.

/rant

2. Mizzy

Since we most likely wont be able to get the old UI back, lets give them some feedback on improvements.

So far in general the biggest issue with the new UI is that it is way too big. Only being able to resize the esc menu and the rest does not.

Example: Maid & Mail Takes a lot of the screen. If we could be able to resize this aswell that would be great. These are function some people use during grind and if such a big window opens you aren't aware of your surrounding enough.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ohaha

I would like it if the "Recently Used" was changed to be customizable as the previous UI featured. It would allow up to 15 additional quick access menus in addition to the 8 on the top bar.

Edit: Nevermind. Playing around with the Recently Used tab I found that right-clicking on any of the listed menus gives an option to remove or lock them to make the tab customizable.

A bit of a hassle to customize since listed menus have to be unlocked and re-locked, or re-opened if they were bumped off. A "move up/down" option to the right-click menu would be nice.

#3 Ohaha, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  4. Doom Smack

Two negative specifics from me on functionality:

1. Storage changed from 8 slots per row to 9 slots. I don't use auto arrange (doesnt arrange how I like) and painstakingly set this up ages ago so things line up and are quicker to see/reference/access. Stacks are too large now so its impossible to rearrange even if I wanted to spend a few days on it. I have no idea why changed to 9 for storage (but still 8 for inventory) but a quality of life feature we should have had all along would be: FIX: Add ability drag/move items around.

(EDIT: or revert to 8 slots, it made more sense; now we have 3 leftovers at the bottom. However being able manually drag around item locations is a good feature we perhaps should have had all along, dunno if its feasible to implement).

2. Transport destination scroll box is back. Such a minor thing but really does add time to nearly every transport and that adds up over the day. Having the full list appear was one thing I did like about new transport system. Sounds like such a small thing but its all in the details right lol.

GenericUser and Emlyme like this.
  5. Doom Smack

Bruno12 likes this.
  6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

It's very ugly and actually an eye sore. I really want that last iteration back. Very much don't like it.

BellaKora, Lolyth, Robf and 6 others like this.
  7. t0pk3k

8. Törni

Is there a way we can have back the last iteration of the Esc menu? I don't like the vanilla one, cause it's a clusterf*ck, not a fond of the brand new one also....

Magnificent Innuendo and Lolyth like this.
  9. Corrus

It would just be easier to give us the option to chose If we want this new ui or the old one. Honestly I don't like or need the new one, never asked for it.

Nicci, MADE, SonnyIgor and 7 others like this.
  10. adreilin

Pearl Abyss, at least give us a choice between the old UI (not the vanilla grid UI, the UI before the most recent update yesterday) and the new UI layout that you just gave us so we can have our own unique experiences in-game. Concur with @Corrus

SonnyIgor, Vilaeson, Lolyth and 3 others like this.
  11. Yukizawa

Yukizawa Witch 60 EU

I would like to have the remastered menu back, the new one is absolute scrap for me.

It is flat.
    It is loveless.
    The colors are horrible.
    It does not fit into the middle age setting
    It is not customizable.
    It requires more clicks in most menus and is unnecessarily nested.

It is not modern, it corresponds to the mobile games design disease.

12. Vanraven

This is the worst UI I've seen. What was wrong with the one we had before this?

13. Andaro

Ambassador

Ty @Mizzy for leading the topic.
    I believe a good constructive thread can be of value.

Smileybones and Mizzy like this.
  14. I Am Mother

We could be due for an Item Slot increase, it's the only thing that makes sense, where this change is concerned.

MMoNoob likes this.
  15. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

Though my game itself has not update I have seen this in labs and would like to be able to resize those windows

MMoNoob likes this.
  16. Catastigma

It is THICC.
    It is Full of love.
    The colors are perfectly neutral.
    It does fit completly into the BDO universe.
    It is need some size adjustemen option, The basic 100% size is too big for 1080p user and reduce the UI scale make information hard to read for people with eye defect..
    It requires more clics in most menus but now we have quick key for them so its fine, ( esc/F4/2 by exemple for Central market) you just need your keyboard for opening a menu. its become natural when you will be used to. more fast that with your mouse.

It is pretty modern, Search option/Biger in wight size storage and the possibility so see all bank from everywhere.

17. t4mpel

I wrote in an other thread before:
    Like "sucession" they wanna obviously save the work for 2 different models of the game. PA yeah, you need it. But do player need it? All i see is a new look with 20x bigger size. If they want to merge mobile and PC functions to make it easier to develope than just adjust it for pc. it feels like they just throw the mobile one over the actual old game and not even adjust it a bit.

18. Lucifair

Lucifair Warrior 60 NA

I don't have a single kind thing to say of this UI. Instead of ranting on and on I'll just keep it to my two major gripes.

1. It's made for console, this is a PC game. Granted, it was ported to console, but punishing us PC players is for it is just cruel. It's also a spectacularily stupid decision. Every single game that is launched on PC with a console UI gets quite a lot of flack for it. PC players (generally speaking, there are always exceptions) hate this.

2. I have an ultra wide screen. This idea of sticking everything either to the left or right side of the screen is one of the worst UI design decisions I have seen for a very long time. The fact the windows/tabs you move will be reset the second you close down the menu makes it infuriating. Whomever came up with this idea really should be fired, they've clearly proven that they are not capable.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some pillows that needs to be screamed into.

19. TQuin

MOUNT HP/STAM BARS ARE HORRIBLE.

Also, I miss the squares from the old menu. I get wanting to add alternative device support in the menu, but does that not also work with squares instead of a list?

SonnyIgor likes this.
  20. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

Its not intuitive. Its confusing with TMI.. I absolutely HATE it. I dont believe I saw anyone complaining about the old UI and rather than give us promised content like to ocean expansion, you revamp the ui into some ugly screen covering mess which no one asked for or wanted..I think it may be time to start searching for other games. The pattern here is to create beautiful content and then ruin it with fixes, changes, and nerfs..smh

Robf, Phoenixxx75, Vanraven and 3 others like this.