1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Feedback][Interaction on mounts]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jey, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

• It used to show respect /order / rules ingame and toward Npc, when you had dismount before talking to them. I know NPC are not human. But it was appropiate to black desert. The fact that you can stay on your mount and talk to NPC removes some kind order in the game and seems to make things chaotic. Like some other cheap Games i won't name. It doesn't really fit into black desert.

• Concern for some storage NPC, who/which will be even more flooded because of the mount's size.

• It is a poorly implemented design that make you waste even more time than it was before the change. You can't easily dismount, when there are gathering ressources near you. You can't dismount when they are too much NPC near you
    I understand that people may like it. But as it is now. It is more garbage than anything else.
    To have to find a free spot before being able to dismount is too much of a waste of time and remove some of sonpatenous actions.

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I agree that this feature is really annoying in cities because there are so many npc preventing you to dismount.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

Although I can not give any specific details as nothing is solid, I can however affirm that the Team is fully aware of the issue, and are discussing possible solutions......for now we'll just have to put up with this nuance until they have figured something out, and we may have to wait awhile because the problem runs a bit deeper that the skin.

But, just wanted you to know, that they Do Know, and Are Discussing the issue ^_^

4. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I feel like a solution could be what someone else suggested about pressing R for a couple seconds to mount/dismount, or what I personally think would be faster is SHIFT+R to force mount/dismount that works anytime in any screen, while keeping the way R works unchanged (can still mount/dismount with it when no NPCs targeted).

#4 GnatGoSplat, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

They are discussing the issue after the implementation. Again. Without proper testing. Again.

Phoenixxx75 and Loriel like this.
  6. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

When they announced the implementation I expected this to be using a re-mappable hotkey and not just the standard R.
    Right now its just a huge PITA. How hard was it to let us remap that key...sigh.

7. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

When you reach the town leave your hrse to the stable master like you would do in real life. Problem solved.

8. Doom Smack

Its handy sometimes too and speeds up things slightly.

EDIT: So its not all bad, but yes dismount and clutter issues like u guys said already.

9. ghoulz666

Guess we gotta dismount outside a town now.........

Funny that you can send it to the stable from under your butt.

10. furyaquin

I like it that i don't always have to dismount but i do understand your point. It would be cool if you would have to dismount for certain npc for example can't talk to leaders/kings whatever on horse which could preserve some immersion aspect as you can talk to peasants from horse but not to higher ranks :D

11. Lefteye

Are you often riding a horse into town “in real life”?

Smileybones likes this.
  12. rootborn

pls.. just make an option to turn it off... i dont want a shift+R or leave mount outside the town... this option is not solving any problem, just creating new one. there are soo many things to improve and i like (almost) every progress because it means they work on the game. like the vell and the black spirit safe was a really good idea!!! it solves a really big problem, but this talk from mount.. i dunno why even implemented.

13. Doom Smack

I like not having to dismount to restore my horse stamina at stable. Or deposit stuff to storage when Im overweight, cause then I like to move my horse away so I can store other stuff (clicking the storage/horse button every time is a hassle).

I don't mind at all the non-realistic aspects of it.

- Hold button to dismount sounds okish
    - Perhaps not interactable with general village npcs from horse just proper ones.

I don't know what a good or best solution is.

But I think the feature is ok and could have its problems fixed, perhaps.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

I dont like it

15. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Not rly, like it is hard with the cars, this is why i leave it at the stable then walk all my way.

Lefteye likes this.
  16. Purr

i find it amusing tho i wish they would let us swap outfits when riding a wagon cuz going from horse trainer outfit when going between trade npcs to fighting to dismount in order to equip the trader outfit and then move the wagon closer to trade then fight to dismount again to equip the horse trainer outfit and then head to the next town to do it all again

17. WinterMilla

Why not let use access the town storage in a house we own in town? You clear up players out in the storage by letting them afk proccess in their homes. But i guess you gotta make money off it to get it added in.

18. Wodur

The one who came up with this change should be sentenced to walk naked from Epheria all the way to Arehaza, being flogged every 3rd step and being accompanied nuns ringing bells and shouting shame, shame, shame...

Its utter annoying the change..please revert or make it optional...