1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Feedback]New guild system recrutement.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jey, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

1 Word:
    • Useless.
    As long as you have to message back those people who applies, it is useless.
    It is nothing different from messaging people yourself..

People apply and when you notice it: they are offline.

Why can't we invite those who applied, just like in other games (just by clicking on a button), instead of having to message them.

Éternel, Thranduil and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I believe I can answer this.
    Although I agree, and the original proposition was just as you described, that being able to automically accept an application (self setup), it does take away fr the interaction and interviewing process before joining, which is at this time somewhat "forced" upon you by design so that you recruit the type of people you desire into your guild rather than a simple "open door".

Thusly I can understand their positioning on this. Also, however, I do not believe the new functions to be useless, even as described.

Before, the list only showed the same players on that channel and rarely ever refreshed, and you had to be on that channel to even see them.

Now, afterwards, users can apply to a guild from any channel, and the list shows those available to be contacted through that application, again, regardless of channel. It also provides a method for guilds to advertise that they are recruiting, rather than having to rely on someone to do so, using their energy to do it.

Furthermore, I have personally accepted several players into our guild recently with the new system and have found much more useful than before.

In closing, it is most certainly Not "useless", and it IS a BIG improvement, but, further improvements could be made, depending on the desires of the designers and how they wish for you to interact and recruit.

Arch2k likes this.
  3. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

It is useless function and I agree with op. In game where large amount of players quit because of lack of new content (we did not get any pvp update since shadow arena which itself got removed to become standalone game). The thing I hate most is that we need to switch channel to be on same as person we want to invite. Black desert got worst guild design from all mmo games I did play.

4. Corsix

I just cant believe they cant figure out a way to make siege guilds separate from pvx/non siege guilds in node wars so now its siege guilds making billions a weak winning ez nodes daily, yet SMH loot is nerfed so smh/pvx guilds make no where near as much guild finds.

But to remain on topic about guild recruitment. It needs more work. Also, I have to choose either sailing or combat or life but PVX guilds are all of the above. Do pvx guilds just choose "adventure"? Cuz that doesnt sound right.

5. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

i 100% agree
    players that are new to the game or haven't played since beta don't know how long we asked for this!
    this is the right step! I am sure they will do more changes over time like they do with every thing else

Andaro likes this.
  6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Indeed, that is ultimately what each "win" achieves. Regardless of whether or not it is "purrfect", it's something, and it's here, which means the improvement is possible ^_^

If we did not have it all, then there would be nothing to improve upon ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

7. Riandrisael

I agree it's pretty useless, to be honest, the idea was good just they didn't take long enough to really make it work for BDO and went with the annoying way of sectioning off what guilds are. Since the options, we get now are combat, life, sailing, adventure, and those are pretty vague based on what we use right now. Sure sailing makes sense but even that could be broken up into killing sea monsters, PVP with ships or bartering but things like combat a guild that does node wars and PVP would be using the same as a guild that focuses on say PvE stuff like trees and gyfin. Not to mention like what is adventure supposed to mean? So, the categories aren't all that well thought out and should be more descriptive or some feature to allow guilds or players to request certain aspects.

Not to mention the player description could use some work too, right now we can only see their energy/CP and level, which doesn't mean much maybe how long they have played but even then not everyone grinds energy or CP. I would like at a bare minimum to be able to see either when they sent the request, or if they are online without having to whisper them first to get the message, if not more detailed measures of the person's playstyle if that's possible. The biggest thing I think that is missing is just a sound for GM or officers preferably with the option to turn it off if you want that notifies anyone that can invite in the guild that someone new popped up on the window. Since I get the feeling at least from the ones I have seen that new players ask to join a couple of guilds and just get no response for hours at a time and quit or that don't play that often, cause there are people I whisper several times a day for around a week and never seen them on. So, a feature that at least makes it more likely for people to respond faster would be nice in both the players trying to join and higher chances of the system actually working for those trying to recruit.

Going from past games that do the system well, in my opinion, I think a similar system to Everquest 2 was great, where the player requesting the invite could hit a button and send a message straight to the person's whisper showing information like level and stats which is exactly this system just worse. I think it would be way more interesting if they could just send the information we already get like CP/energy/level to whisper and that starts the conversation immediately or closer than sometime in the future if someone notices the window.

Andaro likes this.
  8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

You have several awesome points in there :)
    I look forward to adding them to the next poll!

9. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

In its current state yes this new recruitment system is pretty lackluster. It is a good start, but we need a lot more information on it. For example when recruiting members for a node war guild, we need to be able to quickly see gear score and even a way where they can put in what days they can war. Recruiting in bdo is simply a nightmare since all the guilds are pretty much the same. This brings me to my next point, now that you can semi classify your guild combat/life/adventure and what not, guilds need to have different types of buffs to separate them from say life skilling guilds to pvp guilds. When you make a guild you should be forced to choice what style. Then you will get buffs based on that. If you want to change your guilds focus make it cost say 1bil guild funds to re-spec. BDO by far has the laziest guild system in any mmo on the market current or past. There is zero reasoning behind this.

Éternel likes this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

What a silly suggestion to box guilds into only one type. Many people like to lifeskill as much as they like to do node wars. Why should they miss out on any of the guild buffs that can be obtained ?

11. Magnificent Innuendo

As is, I think it needs more options for guild types. Furthermore, you should be able to check more than one box when registering your guild. Guilds often offer more than one activity, and we're kind of forced to exclude potential members with how it is setup right now. I also think applicants should get a short comment box to say something when applying. This would fulfill many needs at once, such as those wanting to see gearscore, activity levels, etc. A new player might not know what to say, but a more seasoned player would know what to write. "Lvl X sorc, gs X," "Casual lifeskiller," "Roleplayer looking to meet new people," etc.

I also agree about the offline problems. It should really show if the person is online or not. Or perhaps even populate the list based upon whether they are online (disappearing from the list if offline). The guessing game of whether or not you can even reach the person trying to apply is annoying. Needing to be on the same channel to invite will forever be a pain, especially with something like this where it's supposedly easier to recruit. As of yet, it's not unless you're a zerg guild.

tl;dr, a step in the right direction but needs a lot of work to be useful.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

I really hope that this is more or less just a trial run for a better guild recruitment system. As others have said, requiring that both parties need to be online and active to be invited is a bit silly; Honestly, guild contracts need to go away altogether.

13. Amirite

I think the keyword is right here: requiring that both parties need to be online and active to be invited
    and that needs to be fixed, because otherwise it's not working as it should or they didn't think about it.

I hope in the next update or the next, that they will add more self control to the guild functions and options then there is today. It's a start yes, now we just need PA to finish something 100% and not 50% right?

Éternel likes this.
  14. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

No it's not really silly in almost every other MMO guilds had a main focus and secondary, in bdo every guild would have default buffs but a PVP guild would get better castable buffs for PVP, pve ones would get their own set and lifeskill only get a set it will help make guilds stand out vs everyone being 100% the same after time

15. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

This feature can be useful but need some small changes.
    For example when ppl can leave comment with their application, so guild management can simple decline or start care about.
    Also have another button to invite those ppl, ofc filling contract etc. So we dont need to switch server etc...

Andaro likes this.
  16. Eonian

It's a very good step in the right direction, but not enough.

As an officer, currently I can see 8 players in our guild list and can't contact them, because they are either afk or offline. I send whispers to them, but if they are new players, then likely have their chat set up as default, they don't have a separate whisper tab and the message gets quickly buried in regular chat. Thus we still have players who applied a week ago and that shows that this system doesn't work well as it is.

What this needs is adding a "Trial invite" 3rd button, that works no matter if the recruit is online or not. With no contract made, no obligations, just a notification sent that you have been "Trial invited" and contact the guild in guild chat and ask for a permanent Invite during this period of about 7 days.

Andaro and DarkGG like this.
  17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I think you are wrong but you are entitled to your opinion.

18. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Add+
    Even the fact that you have to be on the same ch, whisper someone, wait for him to whisper back so you can click on his name.

You spend too much time trying to invite someone.
    The changes they did: Didn't change anything.

I wish, I could discuss with the one doing those UI changes and concept?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Vorkrunne

It's not useless, but it would certainly help if we had a way to message players who are interested in the guild.

As it is, we can only whisper them if they happen to remain online while AFK. Most new and casual players log off.
    On top of that, most new players haven't thought to separate a chat channel for only whispers- so even if they are online, they miss the whisper sent to them.

Andaro likes this.
  20. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Fact is:
    Since the update, I manage to invite less people than before.

I heard, it is the same for other people.
    This says everything.

Draconnix likes this.