1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on ship combat [Poll]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Findubar, Oct 23, 2019.

?

Do you enjoy ship combat?

1. Yes

2. No

3. i like turtles

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Findubar

Hello guys! I for one don't like naval combat. I have an improved sailboat and between the annoying movement and the rng cannons that fire from the ship's ass, killing something is more infuriating than it is relaxing. And i wager it should be relaxing, 'cause you're a pirate!
    What do you guys think about naval combat? Do you like it?

Factorial likes this.
  2. Ashaara

Killing Seamonsters is effin boring and frustrating... never done that before the new questline. Need to kill 3 mobs, wasted almost 1 hour to kill one because of this horrible ship and random monster movement. xD Abandoned that mission to do something funnier.

Factorial, MoonDance17 and Findubar like this.
  3. Lord_Xenon

I don't have tested it. Why is there no option for that?

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Should add an option "Never tried, don't care" :>

5. ZyZy

Coming from someone who is an Artisan Sailor with both a Frigate and a Sailboat.

The Ship combat system is poorly implemented. Forget about the new ships. I'm speaking of the base combat system.
    1. Both sides have to flag in order to damage the other.
    2. Anyone who wants to assist - oh, like to save their guild galley, also has to flag.
    3. You can't duel with ships... and there is no arena for ships.

Do I like ship combat? Yes.
    Do I like how it's implemented in BDO... A resounding no.

#5 ZyZy, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Motoko_Shi, Factorial and Findubar like this.
  6. Blitzball

Just use ram , it’s way faster

Factorial likes this.
  7. Findubar

Ram destroys your hp now

Motoko_Shi and MoonDance17 like this.
  8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

You know grinding monsters lowers your weapon/armor durability right? Players still grind...

9. T568B

It would be more equivalent to every time YOU hit a monster you lose health (think thorn elixir) and every time the monster hits you- you obviously lose health. (the boat's gear loses durability and stamina -thats separate from hp) Hmm, maybe they should implement that XD

Motoko_Shi, Factorial and Findubar like this.
  10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

If your dura would disappear as fast as the HP of your boat during a successful ram, you wouldn't be grinding for more than 10 minutes before repairing. And I'm not even exaggerating.

Factorial and Findubar like this.
  11. Factorial

It's not the same, but I do understand what you mean. Overall, naval combat is lackluster when regular combat is so much more better and fun. Atari era naval combat could probably beat BDO naval combat.

People resort to ramming simply because it's the better choice when all tools are considered. Naval combat needs a complete overhaul that is more inline to the smooth as silk regular gameplay. Seriously.

12. ClearArrow

ClearArrow Ranger 63

Now I have upgraded to the Improved Frigate so I can solo, it is super fun!

Really enjoying the more mobility now which just wasn't there before this update.

hightech and Doom Smack like this.
  13. Keysn

1. Why do i have to scroll all the way to the bottom to make a post?
    2. Why would the developers say this content is going to "divide the land and sea players" when everyone with gear left my sea monster guild and went to a node war/siege guild because of this content?
    3. Why do i spend more money on cannonballs then i get in loot from mobs on the ocean. The ocean is one of the greatest providers in the real world and yet in this game it feels like they nerfed 97% of its content to implement this other content.
    4. Guilds that were built off sea monster hunting now have to have extremely difficult conversations about how the guild pay outs are going to work and how they are going to have to change things around to accommodate these new changes. The payout system puts way too much pressure on the guild leader and now it takes all the enjoyment out of trying to make money on this game.
    5.What used to be a cookie cutter boring watch out for cam locker gameplay is now not even enjoyable. If we upgrade our boats to Galleas or Carrack, there won't even be a reason to use them. Sure the chance of getting 100mil drops but with guilds changing payouts because this content doesn't allow people to hit high level 1tier payouts, nobody will even want to go out there. Which means less pvp, which also means that people will want to save those 100mil drops but then they took the ability to stack loot out of the game as well.
    6.Guess this is as good a time as ever to go play archeage unchained. because i was trying to use the sea content to get the money to get the gear to play the land content, yet taking out all of my available options and forcing me to play the game the way the developers want is less fun and more afk auto-pathing and monotonous.

14. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

That is not even close to equivalent.

15. Findubar

As opposed to the complete amateurs who designed the in game ui, the forum has an arrow in the right lower corner that you can click to instantly scroll down.
    Let's be honest here, even before the smh nerfs ocean content was supremely tedious. They now kept the tediousness but lowered the profits! Gameplay improvement! Yay!

Factorial likes this.
  16. Doom Smack

Im finding the same thing (improved frigate also)

17. Stabby

They should not have forced players to be 50+ for this content. Just another misstep that will lower the already low player retention.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I'm using an improved sailboat and enjoying the new PVE combat: cannon and movements mechanics are way more enjoyable that old movements and ramming which always seemed dumb to me on top of featuring buggy mechanics.

Is it me or you just stated that nowadays "gamers" can't be bothered to spend a single day to access some content. Are you sure we are talking about MMORPGs here, you know games that actual gamers spend years playing them.

This said as a guild owner I wish the turnover of the playerbase wasn't so high.

19. JustBeHappy

I like turtles! :D

noctred, Findubar and hightech like this.
  20. zhagsten

We stay in this game for its cool combat system... on land. Meanwhile ship combat is worthy of a flash game. And when they increase a hitbox on that flash game, some people find it awesome.

What about a dynamic ship combat system at the height of BDO land combat standards?

LucidKill and Findubar like this.