1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feels like this game is dying LMAO!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fhelalr, Jun 9, 2018.

1. T800

Well someone has to stay here and bury the dead.

psychedelician and Evil Wood like this.
  2. Mimimimi

3. T800

That's because MMO's turned in to bland Cash grabs this days. They extract money from players, while adding pointless, meaningless content to the game, that is designed to grab even more money from you.
    We are like an ATM to this companies. Why would they shut it down, right?

Scixer, psychedelician and Evil Wood like this.
  4. T800

You can see it's just a bunch of AFK players, since you don't see a difference in numbers when Lahn was released. No body is coming back, nobody is buying the game.

Back when Mystic was relesead, you can really see massive amount of people coming back, and lots of new players:

[​IMG]

1dTen, psychedelician and Evil Wood like this.
  5. Ravare

Pretty normal for MMOs in the post WoW era.

High populations in the first year to two years. Then a population drop. Then it pretty much remains in that "range" for a while.

Usually the population drops are coincided with new hype MMOs coming out. Population variance is usually the normal "MMO hoppers". The type of players who play, get burned out then look for something new.

But the game is far from dying or dead. The things that typically make upticks in populations are new content patches, new class releases and stuff. Thats why Devs space "new content" out, they have to keep the push and pull to bring people back in to try the game again and hopefully snag a few new people.

Gamers try and call it cash grabbing and some nefarious plan by the Devs, but its just product management and life cycle management of your product.

6. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

These guys are geniuoses. They should be working for NASA solving all those rocket issues.

7. T800

Typical respond by saying it's normal. While in reality it's High population in the first month or two, after that it varies on quality of the game and content being added.

The PvP is already dead. Cause every smart PvPers has already left after Renown system was introduced. They know where this game is going.
    The rest of people are just ATM machines. They never cared about PvP, or simply enjoy having gear do all the work for them in PvP.

Scixer and Evil Wood like this.
  8. Ravare

Hmm it's interesting that you have that perspective.

Because my guild has had contested Node Wars for 4 days last week and 4 days the week before. I can go into RBF at prime time and experience full matches and sometimes have the option to go to the Velia 5 RBF if the Velia 4 RBF is full. I had at least two guildies today calling for help because of PK'ing at a grind spot. Also had one request for a guild war dec during the week.

Also during this week we also experienced Node War alliances that turned into a betrayal at the last 30 minutes which of course required retaliation outside of the Node War.

So what PvP is dead?

This is the thing T800, you have complained and ranted about this game for months. Supposedly its dead and dying or whatever but you are apparently viewing it through your narrow perspective to satisfy the narrative in your head that the game is no good and has no future. Yet you continue to come to the forums and champion this same message and pat others on the back who say the same things. Anyone else with a differing opinion or anyone else who likes the game is in some delusional world and you are the one in the subjective elevated space to see "the truth".

Maybe you are the one who is delusional, maybe you are the one who is wrong.

But whatever it is, my experience with the game is that it is not dead or dying. The PvP is not dead. The population of the game has dropped. But in my 20ish years of gaming, yes this is a normal thing for MMOs, especially in this age of gaming.

9. T800

Different regions, different situations. Don't lamp all of us under same roof, and then insult, cause you don't understand the situation on the other side of the world.

Hoodninja734 likes this.
  10. Columba

'Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wermer, Animal House, 1978

11. Smilence

I can clearly see less whine about game now than three weeks ago....when you don’t care, game is ded

12. Mistermoff

Was anyone else on velia 1 today? I’ve never seen so many people.
    The people saying the game is dead just want it to die.
    It won’t die just for you.

Hoodninja734, Redarion and Columba like this.
  13. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Storage/afk processing and fishing do seem to be significantly less populated the previously.

14. Ragebull

Don't worry I just bought the game (downloading) so everythings gonna be ok now

15. kaliver

kaliver BIadenips Valkyrie 61 NA

He's not. Multiple T2 guilds are dropping on T1s now because of attendance problems. Former well-populated T1 guilds with some strong members are either sniping or struggling to put together a strong force. This week we saw 2 snipes and one actual guild show up. Last week it was a clown fiesta of struggling guilds slapping at each other.

I mean, you could call all of that "contested" but if you've spent months fighting people and suddenly see a drastic change in strength all at the same time... well, you can draw your own conclusions. We all know you're just going to stick your head in the sand.

On a personal level, there's maybe two people in my guild who don't hate where the game is right now. Shame on PA for using live servers (and their playerbase) to alpha test a complete rework because their new lead designer didn't know what to do with the game as it existed.

TheReason, 1dTen and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  16. Columba

lol. I don't care about T1 guilds leaving. Those elitists were never good for the game anyway.

17. Kusaragii

I guess you enjoy dead games. The game needs all kinds of players to keep the hype and interest going. If the game only comprises of players like YOU... yes.... dead game.

#37 Kusaragii, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Because the whole BDO playerbase is made of T1 guilds, let alone PVPers, right.

19. Kusaragii

You need to wait a bit before responding. I was still editing.

20. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

People that think BDO is alive and thriving XD.
    1528336216802.png