1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feels like this game is dying LMAO!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fhelalr, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Evil Wood

#61 Evil Wood, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. Hiperi0n

You will have bheg gloves on a dead game

Nakria likes this.
  3. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

I hope they dont put anything in the MP, they should just leave without adding anything back into the Game so People who think this Game is still alive can get that stuff them self and not per one click from the MP so they have some "content".
    Pepe+the+frog+modredhow+rare+are+your+pepesmodred_f08d00_5547399.jpg

Evil Wood likes this.
  4. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Biggest mistake you have done to yourself.

Scixer likes this.
  5. LightningFFXIII-4

Game died long ago, the only reason why its filled with players is because:
    - Attendance Rewards
    - AFK Cooking/processing/fishing
    - Weekday/Weekend Double EXP
    - Nighttime Double EXP
    - 200% Exp Bonus for 1 hour daily
    - World bosses
    - Boss Scrolls
    - Guild Wars
    - Daily RBF
    - Workers
    - Relic/Ancient Scrolls
    - No Subscription, so a certain portion of players literally have no choice but to play this because they cant afford WoW, FFXIV, Eve Online, GW2. They just hustle their way to getting pearl items by selling "this" for "that".

There's no content. It's just killing the same gahaz bandit, or the same 3 packs at gyfin. The game literally draws you in with all these "Essentials" that make you play the game. BDO's content consist of endless grinding.

People are literally doing the same thing over and over and over again every single day. Even their E3 Trailer's main focus is Altanova and Tariff.

The game literally doesn't want you ever logging out. Because it knows, if a player leaves BDO on and goes to work/school/sleep, they know when that player comes back, he'll be playing BDO.

#65 LightningFFXIII-4, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    notAlpha and 1dTen like this.
  6. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

If Neverwinter, Aion, Tera, Acheage, and a multitude of other mmos are still running, I think BDO will be just fine, especially without negative people like you. I can't speak for the NA server, but EU is teeming with people.

Draconnix, Ravare, Mgp and 1 other person like this.
  7. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Storage areas are a shadow of their former selves, tbh.

8. Platinia

From my 10 valk s on frienlist only one is playing Rest has quittet. :(

9. zenjudit

I tried ff14 2 weeks ago, never touched that game before but hear a lot about it. To my surprise it is way more populated than bdo when the game is much older. Now Im hooked up and didnt even bother to login in bdo for my shakatu seals which is sitting at 90pcs XD

10. FadedSky

"Im quitting and i want you to quit too"

Slapped_By_Bacon and Draconnix like this.
  11. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Can you tell these people to get lost

2018-06-11_183595916.jpg get lost.jpg 2018-06-11_184178725.jpg lel.jpg (i just swapped between 2 channels)

But yeah I totally feel you though the moment Im not lagging in a city something is wrong, guild chat is maybe someone saying something after an hr or so, server and world chat aren't as frequent.

Current hibernation cycle is similar to how the devs treat the player base with silence :(

12. Cyrus Glitch

I used to play for hours daily, constantly grinding, trying to improve. Then I got sick of the RNG on failstack after constantly failing enchants while jimmy who played a few hours a day was getting tris/tets at low failstacks. With the recent changes, I stopped pvping entirely, that was the only thing keeping me in the game. Lahn released and I personally find the class boring, linear, was hoping for more. Now I don’t even login for daily rewards.

Game needs a shot in the arm, they need to stop making such sweeping fundamental changes, listen to their playerbase ad what they want. As for the game dying, yeah it most definately is.

Slapped_By_Bacon and Scixer like this.
  13. Mafesio

Another one of these threads, what a shock. So it seems steam charts are the only current way to view the how the game is doing. People keep linking it over and over, the most I have seen it swing in a quite a while is 1k.

Proposal: No "game is dead" threads until steam hit's 17k or below. I don't consider that dead at all since it's just steam, but it will save us these useless threads.

People that afk, still play actively, not everyone on either NA/EU are on the same time zone or even connect from the same country. Afk while at work or sleeping is an effective way to progress. I know in the last decade the average intelligence of humanity has decreased to that of a root vegetable, but no one is afk that doesn't actively play, it's not possible there are that many broken people that leave their computer on 24/7 to afk a game they don't actively play, unless you are so happy with electric company you just want to give them money, you feel Kakao deserves to eat your computer and gain an active user for solely their benefit, or you just hate your life and your computer and decided to sacrifice it to Kakao

Smileybones, Ravare and Mgp like this.
  14. Escapism

Sadly the steam charts are currently the only viable way to determine the activity and playerbase of a game, since noone else ever releases these numbers, so all we can go by is amount of players who are online with the steam client instead of the standalone. Everything else is just hear-say and personal feels.

Now add in that (probably) most players dont use the steam client for bdo since in this game apparently it sucks (f.e. locks you out from the whole refer-a-friend thing). BUT: the ratio of players who use the standalone client compared to the steam one is surely smaller than the ratio of "online players" who are actually online and playing instead of just afk fishing or processing somewhere. So before you wanna bash on the low numbers on the steam charts being due to "most players dont use steam for bdo", remember that the number of players currently online AND active playing, is likely even lower than the number shown on the steam charts (and thats including all players...).

And yes i agree that people who just 24/7 afk are still "active" in the game, but for many of those, those afk activities are the only reason they are still here, they dont really care or bother with actually "playing" it anymore, without this whole afk economy & login rewards, the game would definitely be dead long ago.

15. Mafesio

I'm not even going to guess how many people play that don't use steam, I have not even the slightest estimate. I was using steam for my proposal because like you said, it's all we got.

I agree with you reasons why people afk, amd login for daily rewards and stuff. But noone is doong all that AND not playing the actual game. If you don't play some part of the game such as NW or PVE, what is the point then? Granted, someone is going for top fishing and processing spot, but I just can't believe that just for a medal above their head in a game they don't play they would leave their computer on 24/7, it's pretty ludicrous.

I just refuse to believe there are poeple that do nothing but collect login rewards, fish, process, but do nothing else in game. It's not like you can afk and just come back 3 days later with no input, even afk stuff takes time and work. Who would do all that if they didn't have a goal or reason to do it.

The only reason to afk this game is for silver while you sleep, work, or while playing something else. If you don't play the game, then why would afk for silver, that makes no sense and the little faith I have in humanity is enough to just say nobody would do that, at least no one with a fully functional brain.

Example: Neverwinter Online, it had a thing called leadership you do while afk to get in game money, ya you could grind all day and make money but this was supplemental, similar to BDO except you only needed to log in and start the job and then log out. I don't play Neverwinter anymore, therefore I don't login to so do leadership anymore because I don't play the game .It would be really weird to use my time to do leadership tasks for a game I don't play.

#75 Mafesio, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Smileybones likes this.
  16. Escapism

I afk ~23.5/7 for almost a year now, just stacking up silver (around 9b now, yes im slow ...) with the only hopes that someday eventually i might snipe some tet/pen bossgear or a few more tri/tet accessories. I know several others who do the same, but the reality is that 99% of the players never gonna snipe something like that from the mp, with the recently increased tet/pen prices, and the 100% guaranteed preorders on PEN, this has become even harder.

So eventually even those who stopped giving a f*** a while ago and just play afk anymore, will eventually quit completely as well, its probably the most "natural" path for many "ex-active" players, if they dont quit immediately, they quit "slowly" by reducing or replacing their active playtime more and more with afk playtime until they eventually dont care anymore at all.

You can count a large part of the "afk-only playerbase" as "currently in the process of leaving/quitting", especially since many of those already moved and play other games now, but they have a good enough pc to handle bdo in the background.

17. Mafesio

The explanation you gave for yourself makes sense. But if you did get TET/PEN gear and accessories, would you play then? 9B should get you a couple of TETs even with horrible RNG.

But I get what your saying, though if you could only get silver from grinding I think it would be worse, I literally only can grind an hour a day, after that I'll fall asleep, the afk stuff is like grinding without having to smash buttons, PVE in this game isn't exciting enough to do for hours on end.

I'm curious to see where things are in a year from now. If the numbers are the same next year, then the ones that are "quitting slowly" should have given up by then. If the silver becomes useless to them, then whatever they are doing to get it is even more useless.

18. Evil Wood

^this, but u forgot payouts!

19. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

WOW PEOPLE NOT PLAYING COMPUTER ALL DAY DURING SUMMER, WHO WOULD THINK !?

Smileybones and Ravare like this.
  20. Ravare

Also factoring in May/June is typically the time where college students are finishing the semester.

So you have studying/finals/graduations/beginning of summer vacations etc.

Draconnix likes this.