1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FESTA 2018 GM Note

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Kadmilos

Also I believe the new starting zone has a mini-instanced dungeon (on test server). So maybe they're exploring this idea a bit more?

The starting dungeon is actually really freaking cool tbqh. Brings the "dungeon crawler" type hype to the game. I was kinda disappointed it was so short!

Also there should be a desert themed battleground.

2. Chaosmasta

< Developing Black Desert Online >

There is just too much content and tiring.
    It’s hard to play if you don’t have a lot of time.

Savage Rift and Red Battlefield were created based on these types of feedback. These are places where people can earn EXP and silver. The Shadow Arena that we unveiled today will also be expected to have EXP and silver rewards so that you can level up without having to grind.

Our future goal for Black Desert Online aims to make a game where all the things you do feels meaningful and can be fully enjoyed no matter what you choose. Please continue to give us your support as we develop and improve Black Desert Online.

I would like to rebuttal that statement in red that i highlighted. I don't know who said that there is too much content cause that itself is a lie. The problem is that there is 'not' enough content to bring out the highlights of the game itself and i can bring up a surge of them from the tip of my finger. Hunting, Sailing, Guilds, Farming, Crafting the list can go on how is there too much content? While having these features like savage rift and RBF are nice we need to look at the problems here you guys are not fixing the current stuff (savage rift(no one really touches that)) you have and keep making more stuff to appease which i think is side tracking you. Maybe if you are starting out and don't know what to do yes; it's overwhelming but once you played for a long time and you got the jist of it there is honestly not enough. Second Bdo is not a run and gun game it is a mmorpg it's a marathon not a race if you don't have time that's fine you play at your pace not another persons. Also i noticed everyone is happy about the current stuff but kinda overlooked that small potion and that concerned me abit because comments like that make me feel that it could derail the developers from actually adding content that counts.

P.S. i am not bashing i'm just showing concern.

Diazine, Kadmilos and MeatSaw like this.
  3. Kymaera

"It was set to be an intermittent goal, but in reality, it created an even greater gap between the top end users and the rest. This led to allowing a single adventurer to be able to take down multiple players and sometimes led to a situation where adventurers with high Renown Score in Guild wars could not kill one another."

Yeah, and that was ****ing obvious and I quit because renown score, even after getting a PEN, and even though you removed the reason i quit...it leaves the lingering "were they that ****ing stupid..." so I don't think I'll come back. No way everyone involved with the game didn't know about AP scaling. Nice lie. So either everyone is literally retarded, or they're just lying to our faces. So are they liars or retards? At this point, I'm not sure which is worse, but either make the decision unacceptable in many eyes.

Too little too late. I've lost a lot of time being away from the game and just fell back from the pack even with my pen. Just sucks you guys didn't think things through before introducing such a stupid ****ing stat. Ruined it for me and many others. Literally logged in to comment after being away since i think February or March?

#223 Kymaera, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. Kadmilos

Why did you bother ? I think they're doing a fantastic job at fixing their mistake, they've owned up to it, and from my perspective: the game is gradually getting better!

I understand why you left, but even without renown, I wonder if you would have been able to keep up in the first place? BDO isn't a race, its a marathon. I don't see the point in getting upset so much about entertainment! It sounds like you played this game thinking you could be "the best", when overall.. there is no "best". The game is what you make of it friend.

5. IlIlIllI

I like the Renown Score system, I like the goals it gives to me in upgrading my gear.
    The problem of BDO is not the Renown Score, the problem is overgeared player at low GS locations.

If PA removes RS, the problem will not go.
    A player with AP 300 will come to a location with recommended AP 100 and will kill everything and everyone.

Why PA can't apply the simplest solution: limit AP/DP/RS according to the location requirements?
    If you came to a location that requires 200AP, but you have 100AP it is your problem.
    If you come to a location that requires 100AP, but you have 200AP it is your problem.
    Make the proper range fo AP for a location, e.g.:
    Location 1: 150-180
    Location 2: 170-200
    If 30 AP is a biiiig difference:
    Location 1: 160-180
    Location 2: 170-190

The one point is that if I have a good gear I should be rewarded for it, and should have some advantages about players whom less geared.
    The second point is that if I have a good gear I should not be able to prevent new players from their growing.

After some level of RS, every a few AP or DP cost so many days to get.
    If RS will be removed, those a few points of a stat will benefit of nothing to a player.
    If PA will remove RS, they will remove the desire to grow.

Diazine likes this.
  6. IlIlIllI

Not exactly. Even now, in Olvia, for the first (or, maybe, new too) character on the account, other characters are hidden and some NPCs are private.
    But, if somebody kills the mob, you can see it, the corps and the loot light.

7. Lynix48

You can use a VPN to create an account then you just download the client and log in with your account. I used a free VPN called Windscribe. Im from Eu and play on steam and i can play on Global lab. you dont need a Vpm to be ingame though but you need it to create an account. Good luck

8. ThatsAFinePotato

LOL. Caphras stones are just a distraction. You really think people see that it takes 300 caphras to get to caphras level TWO as a way to get guaranteed PEN success? The REAL intent is for people to make p2w CRON attempts by melting costumes for guaranteed PEN success, since cron attempts increase an item's caphras level with their introduction. PA is bunch of liars and scammers. I don't buy into their bs.

Time, effort, and silver into grinding for 1-2 caphras an hour :D yall are hilarious.

Cascaden likes this.
  9. SolarTheGrate

so i guess not all is geting this, saying that all will get it is not true,as i have read you have to be 52 to get it and i am not that,am only at lvl 49 on all my characters and i will stay like that til the devs comes out whit a way for us advantures to be able to go and lvl up past lvl 50 whit no pvp in our gameplay ,there is ways to do it if thay just thay think on it and i know other players will complane on this am saying and i dont care, i want a way to lvl up to 60 + whit out worry abaut geting gangbang or PK or what ever thay call it,this game is so focuse on the stupid pvp system ,its sad to see a beautiful game like this drowning itself becose of it, if there was a way to pick there own path pvp or pve ,it would be so much beter option but i know this is a lost hope to ask for but if i dont ask we cant get to the goal if we dont tray

10. PoL

PoL Wizard

Firstly, there is a thing that you can turn on called spelling checker that helps you spell words correctly. That means if a word has a red line under it, then it is spelt wrongly.

Why care? Because it is important to convey your message and if you don't punctuate and spell properly, then people do not understand what you are saying and you do not pass on a good message, let alone convince others to agree with you.

You lack three things. Work on spelling, syntax and context. Do that and you will improve your life.

btw - didn't understand what you were getting at except you were scared that if you levelled a character over 50 you would be ganked all the time. Living with fear means that you are afraid of things that may not happen. Hell of a way to live in my opinion.

11. QwwsqFON

Seconded. Pretty much summed up my thoughts as well. @PoL

@SolarTheGrate This may come off harsh, but if you do not want to level up simply because your afraid of pvp/pk, then you don't need to be playing an open world sandbox mmo.

12. SolarTheGrate

first of , i am heavy hit whit dyslexik, something i cant do anything abaut, and if you didnt get what i tray to say then tray read agen or use your spellchecking on it maybe you get an ide, 3rd am not even english so its not my main language, and finaly 4 i am not living in fear, its just pointles system put in to a pve mmo game to force all to do pvp that many of us dont want,do you get it now ?

13. SolarTheGrate

i am not afraid, its just pointles system put in to a pve mmo game to force all to do pvp that many of us dont want, and i have played sandbox mmo for a looong time and at one point everyone will get tierd of this pvp thing, trust me i bin there loving pvp at all cost til one day you wake up and see the light in a mater of speaking

my point of my message was, Dont waist the game just for the pvp players, open a way for the pure pve players also like i am now,this game is to grate to trash down like the forced pvp system dos

14. SoggyCow

THANK YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING!!!!!!!
    - REMOVING RENOWN (272AP GAVE EXTRA 157AP..(137+20AP) ********!)
    - MAKING DP BETTER
    - AGAIN REMOVING RENOWN.. BDO WAS BECOMING "1-HIT ONLINE"
    - THANK YOU AGAIN!!! FK RENOWN!!! AND DP GETTING BETTER! THANK YOU!!!!

***I'VE BEEN WISHING FOR THIS ALL YEAR!!!!!***

DON'T NEED ANYTHING, BUT BUYING $30 PEARLS BECAUSE OF THIS NEWS! THANK YOU!!!!!

Kadmilos and TheYoda like this.
  15. Feroth

1. the game from introduction of renown score was " 1 hit online "
    2. they will remove just that **** renown score and not the ap scaling so will be still " 1 hit online"
    3. things won't change

16. SoggyCow

oh well f this **** imma play destiny 2 bdo rip

17. QwwsqFON

Lol Soggy. Yeah we are waiting on the CM's to respond if they are taking the AP scaling away WITH renown as that isn't clear.

However, even if they left it in, and then added similar DP scaling with them reworking it... could take away the 1 hit (first to land cc) meta. Will just have to see how things go once they complete the changes promised.

@SolarTheGrate I understand your point. You just want to play for the pve aspect. The community has pitched a PVE only server and perhaps that will come in the future. For now, this game is primarily pvp based so you just have to enjoy it for what it is.

SoggyCow likes this.
  18. SoggyCow

272ap freak gets bonus +137ap, it doesnt make sense to keep the current AP scaling. People want to fight, not 1-hit. I really hope they remove the scaling with renown, or make DP worth it again. Currently you can wear +0 Reblath with full AP gear and win if you get the first hit. :(

ill hold off buying $30 pearls until they really fix this 1-hit shot, if they really make DP work again, ill put down another $100

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 61 EU

@CM Servantes
    can we have any statement about the AP scalings? so we can end finally end either this topic or quit the game.

20. Domages

I have read earlier, that there was talk about releasing Weapon Exchange Coupons on new class releases. Can you confirm that there will be these coupons with the release of Archer?

Siegfried likes this.