1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Look at Shai Awakening & the Great Expedition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Avalace, Jun 14, 2019.

1. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Kind of disappointed. It would have been cuter, IMO, if they stuck to the theme of little kid toys like the boomerang. Like a slingshot (would have been lore friendly) or a magic bubble blower that kills Bubble Bobble style.

SexGawdTy, Ruffe and cmdrsamu like this.
  2. Factorial

This. Pearl abyss doesn't seem to understand this fundamental aspect of the MMORPG genre, which is also another problem with a large portion of the BDO community. They simply don't understand that MMORPGs are social, cooperative games in meta.

Most people have come to think that an MMORPG is supposed to be a single player game played online. That's dumb beyond understanding. Sadly, BDO hasn't helped with its solo-only mentality.

o0ABC0o and Vorkrunne like this.
  3. Factorial

Seriously what a stupid "weapon"

Ruffe likes this.
  4. Grimroads

I thought about playing again just to try this class but this lute has really made me reconsider that.

Ruffe likes this.
  5. Tvvin

Im wondering about Shai's awakening kit before I drop interest totally in the class . When will this be available for previews?

Ruffe likes this.
  6. nCode

nCode NA

is it too much to ask to get a class that uses "nunchucks" and perhaps a "three section staff" as awakening or something else awakening. or even nunchucks as awakening weapon with something else as filler preawakened (chain whip?). I think nunchucks are bad AF, common PA, be the first to add this kind of class no other MMO has one yet.

Vorkrunne and Raven Croft like this.
  7. XLucaX

fking guitar? wtf

Which race we getting next...

Ruffe likes this.
  8. YERSOFATTHANOSSNAPPEDTWIC

I feel the same.

And I also do not understand why they bring a support role class into a game where players forced to play solo. If they planning on make some group content should not they add them before the support class?

Vorkrunne and Ruffe like this.
  9. rpgmaniac

rpgmaniac Witch 60 EU

@CM Avalace I haven't log in the game for over a year now but this new underwater content you are going to put in the game looks interesting I love to explore underwater so can you plz answer few questions, first of all is the new scuba suit craftable by anyone in game? or is it cs-only to buy with real money like the rest underwater suits? is the bonus you get by this suit comparable with the cs-only suits (Shark/Penguin) ? you get were I'm coming from right? if the new content is locked behind the cs & it's not for everyone as it was till now then that would really make me wonder why PA waste their time to design all that...

Wodur and Khalel like this.
  10. Humanx

With the lute: the Shai is now an official copy of the LotRo minstrel class.

Nekoto likes this.
  11. Graugus

When I played Lord of the rings online people would make up really good music and such, I hope we can do something like that.

Nekoto, Maddons and Khalel like this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I agree. I dontget how the fk they went from a boomerang to a ffking guitar. Is she going to play "More than words" until the enemy dies? OH i GET IT NOW!! Shai will play the guitar, and when the enemies sit around to listen to her, they other classes attack. This is how shes a support class. PA devs are geniouses broh!

13. Whineseeker

It’s a support class. Which weapon would be better for buffong and healing others? A greatsword?

You would whine whatever update they could add, you will always find a reason to whine ffs.

Leverage, Reyfer and AryaStark like this.
  14. Kathaarian

realy ? XD

15. Stabby

If Shai can play "Killing in the name of" by Rage Against the Machine I'm totally making her my main.

Nekoto likes this.
  16. Renu

Wonder how the awakening combat animations will look like, is she gonna just stand still playing music or what?

17. LilfredBoxyBear

People that don't like it have 17 other classes to play. I've been wanting a lute in real life for years so things like this are super cool to me.

I'm guessing part of her animation may be related to the little dance she does with the lantern pre-awakening. There are already some precedents for things they may incorporate into awakened activity.

Fateneko and Reyfer like this.
  18. Dunkle

There is also an image with a wing which for some reason is present only on the off site of the SEA server, 49da149944920190615170729782.jpg
    Source for picture of the site SEA: https://bitly.su/vLOs

19. Renu

I agree, but i still cannot figure out how she will attack using the lute. Some kind of magical attack?

20. Graugus

MinMaid doesn't like **** in the game or any other ideas people come up with, ignore her/him like you would a snail under a rock.

Kathaarian likes this.