1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First look of T10 pegasus

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dexo 2, Oct 13, 2020.

1. LithicForm

I'd disagree. The modern car scene is a literal who's wallet is bigger situation. Those who spend more money, have the faster cars. Better fishing gear, better scuba diving gear, better travel plans/hotels, more LEGO sets, it all applies. Everything IRL is P2W and the more money you have, the more advantage you have over those who do not.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  2. Beeso

Man those were the gaming days! (Arcades too <3)

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

But people are not in competition to partake in these hobbies. A faster car gets you nothing except speeding fines by the way as all cars are capable of reaching the permitted speeds. There is no advantage in any regulated sport that you can buy with money except perhaps more lessons to hone your skills.
    Of course in life which by the way should not be a competition extra money may make you enjoy more things but sports and games are meant to be partaken on a level playing field. Throwing money into a more expensive regulation tennis racket is not going to make you a better player. Your own skill and the amount of time you put into any hobby should be the only way to gain an advantage. You can try to justify spending money in a video game to gain an advantage but you will never convince me it is ethical. I do not say that people should not buy a value pack or any cosmetic item but I draw the line at cron melting and selling pearl items for in game silver. Cron melting is the single worst thing the game devs have done to this game. I also disagree with pearl abyss selling the gambling horse skill change coupons and the gambling fairy resets too.

4. Éternel

Éternel DarkKnight 63 NA

The skill to temporarily hover in the air is cool, but the horse itself is ugly. I really hope that they give us an option to make it look like the Pegasus while still being able to use the new skills.

5. zeezero

Sounds like you've never actually tried to get a natural courser but are definitely a white knight on your horse....I'm regularly top 10 horse trainer rankings. never seen a natural courser.

6. Keirr

If skill change coupons didn't exist to buy, the amount of coursers available on the market would be insanely low and almost non-existent as most if not all of them are adjusted via those coupons to get the skills needed to flip on the market because that is an actual market in making silver in this game. So please don't remove them because I enjoy having coursers on the market to buy :).

The RNG of getting an actual courser through using no coupons is less than actually getting PENs due to the % chance of getting the right skills ON TOP of the chance of getting a decent number of skills as well. This is also using the skill manipulation methods available in the game ranging from fore chop to other common skills.

You really have no idea how much buying coupons influences your ability to buy those coursers off the market, they don't just magically happen and very rarely are obtained through not using coupons.

It's akin to saying p2w doesn't exist because you can buy pearl outfits on the marketplace to either use the outfit or melt for crons, but you don't stop to think that without somebody actually buying them , you wouldn't have any on the market to be able to buy. You would be forced to purchase them with your own money. Of course this example is loose because you can TECHNICALLY get a courser without using any skill change coupons - whereas outside of event rewards, you can't obtain a pearl shop outfit from inside of the game.

No matter how you look at it, whether you are home-growing a courser or buying one off the market, you are most likely using skill change coupons to do it and whether you get lucky WITH those coupons is on you.

This is coming from somebody who has 3 t9's all homegrown and working on t10 currently.

#66 Keirr, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  7. Hemuk

Top 10 horse trainer rankins? So you're artisan, ok.

I've done it myself once and the second time I used skill changes cause I didnt want to risk it and that's the crux of the matter, the only reason you've "never seen" a natural course, in which in your infinite wisdom as a Trainer Artisan I dont think it's that wide a scope, is because people dont want to risk not getting that last skill and start using skill changes to improve their chances

8. Keirr

It's because they're super rare, the fact that you say you got a natural courser which i highly doubt it btw and simply think you're just exaggerating to push a point is insanely lucky, like crazy lucky if you actually did.

Me being artisan 9 almost master training, ive never seen one and ive actually raised hundreds of t8's and yes ive spent money on the stable space to expand the attempts. Now I've gotten close to courser level but have always missed 1-3 skills and needed to either breed and sell flat or purchase skill changes and flip.

It's just super rare to actually get a natural courser, but if you actually did get one you're crazy lucky and that doesn't happen as often as people think it does so congrats.

Training profit is heavily heavily gated behind both stable space and skill change coupons and luck. If you don't have a wallet that's able to spend IRL money you're most likely not banking heavy on flipping t8's because most if not all of them will be duds and with no stable space you'll basically be selling not even remotely close to enough to make profit for your time. You could just go barter and make actually good money and don't need to p2w for it.

The coursers you see in the market are people who do that, they flip for profit or re-sell coursers they purchased before for whatever reason -- without skill change coupons you will see almost no coursers in the market ever and that would further reflect against dream horse availability as well in the market.

Life2v and MoonDance17 like this.
  9. Findubar

Those are not games.

10. Graugus

How is P2W blocking your progress? I been playing this game going on five years and the thing blocking me from getting my Etheral earrings, infinite potion components is bad RNG.

11. Prowly

I want to ask you, why do you think video games are attractive to so many people?

12. LithicForm

This is the crux of my argument, that BDO cannot be treated as 'just a video game', if you want to succeed in it. Treat it as an IRL hobby with occasional monetary investment and you'll be much happier. If I wanted to play any regular ol' video game, I would play stuff like Among Us, Cyberpunk (when it releases) etc. Short and sweet, pay once (or not at all), get a few hours of enjoyment out of it, move on to the next thing. That is not BDO. BDO is a long term investment of both time and money and should be treated as such. I mean, for crying out loud the most basic requirement of BDO is that the game is running 24/7 for even the slightest hope at some semblance of efficiency, so you're already paying that electric bill for it. What makes you think this is like any other 'video game'.

13. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Why on earth would crons be a must have when going for pen when you can just have a back up TET you blow up on every opportunity and at the same time gain fs while not messing up with your gear? I do get the T9 argument though cause that way you do more attempts but getting like 200-300 crons per week for like 3 attempts is not really such a big deal that you actually have to p2w for them.....

14. NightGlider

3 attempt at TET is NOTHING...lol If you are going for PEN attempt you probably want to spam those crons once you have a high enough FS.

15. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

The 3 attempts per week was a refferal on horses, i aint going for PEN since all my armor are PEN apart from gods armor at Duo :P...and no you dont want crons for anything else than attempting TRI and TET fallen god...back up boss gear is your friend for making high fs for PEN accessories so even if you fail you get a +6 fs out of it...You just go ham on back up till you reach 180ish stack the switch to a 110fs stack and start all over...use the 180fs on PEN accessory attempts....

16. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

P.S if i was going for tet attempts with a Join date of february 2016 i would be definately doing many things wrong....
    P.S2 I just quoted myself....jesus i should get some sleep

17. Findubar

You could say that about any other mmo. And to a point, there are countless other genres of games that you can spend 2000 hours in them without even being afk.