1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Fishing] Fishing Mastery - Prize Fish - Guide & Locations

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Moonraker, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Cedricaca

I think its pretty obvious that lower value prize catch has a higher chance itself compared a higher value prize catch, despite the displayed chance, which probably means that each type has a specified rate and the rest will be filled by relics (1m fish is a lot more common than 10m fish, so it may not be worth to chase after say footballfish in margoria n but rather the two orange in margoria s with lower value). What Im curious about is if it scales linearly with rate (ie 0.3% chance for 3% prize catch to 0.5% for 5%) , or fixed ( so 0.3% prize and 2.7% relic to 0.3% prize and 4.7% relic). Obviously made up numbers but hopefully can give an idea to someone.

2. Moonraker

Can't say for sure but Ross Sea we have White Grouper which is on the list here.

It's possible that if you fish from an island it has a slightly different fish table to the surrounding sea or it's simply prize fish RNG as others have also not caught any of a week then got some etc. Also of course depends on mastery level but still RNG will always make pf fickle, until we start to get 1K+ mastery I suspect.

3. Claydough

Anything confirmed in vad sea, just outside of ratt?

Im not super high mastery, but thought it’d have seen a prize catch by now, spend a +10 branded bal rod everyday since mastery

4. Owlcow

I'm 1 tet blue or tri mano acc away(last acc giving me headaches) from 1.2k and sadly don't notice any real difference afk fishing with 700 or 1.1k+ mastery, kinda sad that using xxxm items or 12b+ items gives nearly the same results. But as you say the rng makes it so hard to know if theres any change at all lol.
    Really hope the +3 harpooning will be noticable otherwise i'll have no idea what i was even going for, for the last weeks

Prinocio likes this.
  5. Prinocio

Look I wait and see what the new path us give , they be aware from the issues daily sea hunt mission , we recieve a mail after the path that refund or SMH daily that we do ?? Look at the moment I do nothing enymore from today ingame , just login and log out what can we do more then this ?
    Why they give us a Pac Man screen for harpoon fishing , let us diving and harpoon fishing !

#185 Prinocio, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. Aiwen

Harpooned Black Spotted Dolphin at Arsha Sea just south east of Iliya island

7. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Caught a football fish just regular afk fishing Margoria near the new islands off Port Ratt. Fishing guru 4, Balenos rod plus 10, Maple float plus 7, mastery 651. I was there about estimating 3 hours before servers shut down on maintenance, logged in to find it in my inventory. Maybe this is the MN territory(already reported) but I suck at direction, so just showing anyway :)
    2019-10-08_16190863.JPG

#187 Tabri, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Moonraker and Landaine like this.
  8. ghoulz666

Did they nerf something. I've gotten about 11 prize fish on the edge of Margoria back when I had a 1% chance. I've gotten up to 2.1% a week ago and have not gotten a single once since.

9. Moonraker

Thanks for the report.

Yes it will be Margoria N unless you checked fish table and it was another adjacent but none have been reported in other waters yet.

10. Moonraker

Just the prize fish rng. Because it is a low drop rate, even at higher levels, there will be a wide range of catch results.

I am now at 3.2% chance to catch and still have sessions when I don't catch. This is particularly true for fishing.

11. ghoulz666

This is def not RNG. I've been at it over a week nearly 17 hours each day and not one. I didn't even have that bad of luck when my mastery was lower.

12. Moonraker

You don't say which sea area you are fishing just edge of Margoria so that would help understand it better.

Not seen anything different in pf rates other than normal rng swings both from y own fishing all week plus lots of reports.

Just because you have 2.1% chance now does not mean that is the % going to your inventory. You don;t mention relic drop rate, for instance.

I have seen other reports of no pf for a week etc. it's nothing that might not happen with some bad luck. In the same way your previous experience was probably on the the high side of luck.

13. Owlcow

[​IMG]

Okay, managed to get my last item today finally to reach 1.2k
    Chair and cron meal are included in that number, assuming it works as intended.

Ive been harpooning for about 4hours today and didn't get a single shark drop with supposed to be +3 harpooning.
    Sooo either I had insane bad RNG or the chair, cron meal or both might not work(4h small sample still dissapointing).
    As always take it with a grain of salt.

14. Moonraker

Gz on 1200 and +3 Harpoon.

Not sure why you take a 4 hour sample and are surprised that the RNG may be on the bad side especially with prize fish.

It's low drop rate and can and does swing from one extreme to the other, with multiple catches of pf in minutes, or 10 hours+ and nothing active fishing.

+3 Harpoon, like 1200 mastery 3% chance for prize fish group is nothing magical. It is simply the likelihood that, over time, the player will more consistently get pf to the inventory. It smooths out some of the longer periods without catching one but does not mean it wont happen.

For the same reason, players with even +1 and more, with +2 will get the same results. Just that again, over time, the +3 should mean that player will get more on average.

Unfortunately a lot of fishers push hard for the 1200 and it just isn't like some other life skills where there are obvious bumps to outcome/ income.

For fishers it is just that long-term increase.

And of course no way ever for us to be certain if mechanics work as intended but the Life Skill > Fishing > mastery counter goes up when chair and food are used so assume that it is registering this and working as intended.

I have some larger sample from Harpoon +3 on sharks will show it better too and aim to post them soon, though it really is still early but even small sample data seems to point to how it will work.

GL for the next trips, I'm sure you'll catch more sharks and others! You own the Rankings as it is :)

#194 Moonraker, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Owlcow likes this.
  15. Owlcow

Thanks!
    Well, guess I was still hyped form finally reaching it after failing billions on accessories, so I expected some magical results I guess(more emotional than rational response) :D
    I saw that you're already at 3.2% catch rate so that means you've over 1.3k at least, thats a lot!
    I'd be really interested in the data you collected
    I'll collect also some over the next weeks, going to take my time with it this time so its not too RNG streak biased

16. Landaine

Blue Bat Star at the mouth of the Strait heading to Altinova (open water - Mediah Coastal (??) in the location). Caught 2 here over 2 different days fishing

InkedShultz.jpg BatStar2.jpg

Moonraker likes this.
  17. Moonraker

Thanks for report. Added to list and seawater guide.

18. Korvgubben

I seem to be so very unlucky with prize fish... Took me 120h+ to get my first one in Ross sea and other than the Corvinas at the Velia hotspot I've not gotten any other type of pf. 2 weeks + of roughly 18h per day fishing in Al halam sea now with nothing to show for it. 800/900 mastery depending on chair duration.

Moonraker likes this.
  19. Krygg

i caught a BlueBat Star in Epheria Sea. fishing master 25.

Attached Files:

20. Murphys Law

did they change margoria from having a north south middle? harpoon loot table is the same everywhere and im only getting giant squid. I was told they made the ocean table on the same drop... If this is true does that mean the ghost whale is now ocean wide?