1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Fishing] Fishing Mastery - Prize Fish - Guide & Locations

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Moonraker, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Owlcow

I also kinda think that most of it is a personal tinfoil of his, but you never know :D

I'll keep harpooning later too for some hours so as you say we might get an actual avg for +2 harpooning in central margoria :)

Another thing I'm curious about, does anyone know if the 3 harpoon prize fishs or any prize fishs can get deleted if you get pkd?
    Kinda in back of my mind when I take a break and afk fish with prize fishs in inventory lol

#101 Owlcow, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. Prinocio

Look Moonraker, I don't say you can catch Orange fish on hotspots, I say you can catch other golden fish on hotspots with Harpoon.
    And Like you say " Treasure groups they give no relics " You haved it wrong friend, YES you can have relic's on Treasure groups !
    Send a ticket to a Game Master , they can tell you that i don't lie.

Look the best is that I say nothing anymore , You are the king.

#102 Prinocio, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. Grimshank

Seeing as they're vendor trash, I seriously doubt death would do anything to them. Also, I don't think I ever MET anyone out in the ocean, let alone someone aggressive =D. But regular prize fish will, I believe, behave the same as normal fish, so death might screw them up. Imo =).

edit: I autopathed into ibellbab oasis pond and drowned my camel as I was typing this KEK

4. Owlcow

oof poor camel :(

Ye, but they used to be trade items before they were changed, chance is the pk flag might have been forgotten when changed; hope it wasnt :D
    Come to think of it I got only pkd twice in over a year afk fishing in margoria/ross sea

Edit: As I'm the last post I'll just edit the post instead posting a new one.
    Anyway my results for today:

[​IMG]
    Changed the avg throw to more reasonable 55sec and had an error in the distance bonus as I used the one for my old area, not that it matters that much for port ratt as most silver is from the shark drop anyway :D

Not too glad but isn't also that bad. Considering the value of the items I'm using isn't even 500m. Have to see the next days

#104 Owlcow, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. Traxxle

The ocean's a calmer place these days. In the heyday of sea-monster hunting it wasn't so friendly. I still avoid fishing on commonly travelled sea routes. Also I wear a shark costume, in case I need to make an emergency dive.

#105 Traxxle, Sep 11, 2019
  6. Grimshank

Almost 300 casts in and no shark... I am torn between urges to break the harpoon in half and throw it into the ocean, and the perverted curiosity to keep going just to see how the hell long is this going to take.

edit: 306 casts, first one. The joy!

#106 Grimshank, Sep 11, 2019
  7. Sheneria

2019-09-11_841272981.jpg
    After no success in Grana for a few nights i got back to tfc north side and caught this

8. Khondo

Yes after 1 full week of Grana fishing and no Orange fish, I am moving on to another spot tonight.

9. Prinocio

#109 Prinocio, Sep 11, 2019
  10. Owlcow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got the shark title now, soo you need 15 total drops for the slick title

#110 Owlcow, Sep 11, 2019
    Traxxle likes this.
  11. Grimshank

Cg =). I'm at 9 caught so... soon, hopefully. Also:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/black/3583/1107159?p=2&my=post

this thread is on the prize catch titles I believe, and by process of elimination, we should only need 10 for Ghost. I think I'll go ghost whaling at some point just to get that one tbh.

12. Owlcow

Thanks! :D, hopefully your rng will turn at some point for the better :\

Nice find with the title thread on inven, edited my previous post as I wasn't sure if its for all the prize drops. Seems all have different amounts you need to get.

As far as my experience goes, it seems pretty good overall. Not sure if I got carried or you're unlucky with the drops, too early to tell.
    One interesting though, I harpooned for like 15hours atm and got 13 shark drops. In the korean thread the guy had also 13drops in 15hours with +2 harpoon, can take it only with a grain of salt but it gives me high hopes for +3 harpooning with the stats he posted.

My stats as of now for the last 3days:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sheet assumes you've no traveling time

Looks veery decent for the gear required; It's comparable with grinding Aakman with softcap or softcap+ gear and LS or no LS
    If it stays consistent like that, that is

13. Grimshank

If it was consistent at 70/hr, I'd say it's pretty much the same what I do at Aak without a LS... and that's mighty fine =). I'll also do a summary of three days when I finish the trip I am currently on, see how it compares.

14. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

Being fishing in Duvencrune farmland for some months now due to high relic drops, daily fishing quest for 400cp and is in safe zone.

Just reporting that this location seems not to include orange fish, got nothing since they added masteries (788 mastery atm).

15. Grimshank

Alright. So, first off, a bit of bad news. Or maybe you have already noticed, therefore it's not news at all, but: crio's chair does not consume durability on every cast. I'm assuming it's possibly a similar low chance like other tools have not to consume dura upon a gather, but it's there. Which throws my cast counter off a bit. This also corresponds with the feeling I had that when looking at the time, the trips simply took longer than they should have with the given number of casts. Well, that's because there were more casts than I counted with.

Now, tonight's harpooning has been... weird. 440 casts, 4 sharks, but the distribution was. Well. Interesting. Got all four within 150 casts, then followed by like 300 casts of nothing. Very entertaining.

I haven't been as methodical when noting stuff down so I have no idea about the exact amount of yellows I had over the past three days, but they should be around 15m/hr, give or take.

So, for the summary so far:

1276 casts, 9 sharks. This would indicate 0.704% drop rate. A bit of guesswork: Let's assume 10% of casts don't consume dura, therefore the actual number would be close to 1400. In that case the drop rate would be 0.64%.

In ideal world, this would amount to 19.5 hours, but the actual time was quite surely significantly longer. Around 26 hours including travel time, I am thinking. This is partly due to the no-dura casts that are unaccounted for, and also because I dont always spam it back to back cause... well, I am not a robot =)).

Money: I've made 445mil from the first trip, 160mil from the second trip, and 434mil from the third one. 1.039b total, which would amount to 53m/h in academic conditions, and 40m/h in the real world, give or take. Again, the numbers are pretty rough partly due to my lacklustre noting of all fish, and the counter being wonky due to no-dura casts.

All in all, I'm thinking this still seems somewhat viable, but I genuinely hope the streaks of 400+ casts with no orange fish will be less of an occurrence with +3 harpoon, because they are a serious willpower test, and I don't have infinity of it, now do I =).

Moonraker likes this.
  16. Owlcow

Oof, now that's something I didn't notice... Every now and then when I randomly checked the counter it seemed to be always -1 dura, so was pretty sure it does always consume. Ok, this changes my data too as I used the chair as a reference not to count it manually..
    Would need to test what the chances of no consumption are next :(
    Big find! lol

Biggest streak of no catch I had was ~200 casts, and like you say the distribution was awlays wonky for me at least, biggest amount of sharks I got in 100 casts was 3. Seems to have been in streaks or close to 1 per 100throws always;

My assumption is that the shark drop rate is pretty close to 1% for +2 harpooning

Well, this needs definitley more samples and biggest question right now is, what is the actual consumption rate of the chair?! zz
    As for now I'll take a break for a day or two from it and afk fish, as you can only take so much of that minigame in such a short amount of time.

17. Moonraker

Reports for areas which don't seem to have prize fish as equally as useful at this stage, thanks.

I do know of one reported catch of prize fish in Dreighan, in the waterfall pond to the S of Duvencrune. It was Corvina one of the lower value species. That may indicate it is more easily caught but not idea yet if it is restricted to this water or available in others.

Not so many player fish outside of Duvencrune currently so it may take a while and some more testing around to see.

GL

18. Moonraker

Thanks again for the detailed reports and also observations.

The chair is weird with durability. I tested it on the GL sitting and casting multiple ti mes and it lost durability each time which lead to me thinking it is not impacted by the fishers reduced durability loss depending on Fishing ski ll level. At high levels it saves quite a lot of durability from rods and floats.

The lose is not consistent with each item of gear so the rod might lose dur. on cast but the float not etc.

I also did check on live and it seemed the same. But I also had a couple of times when I used the chair for durability and was not sure of the lose on each use.

One potential problem is that the History > fish count there has been reports that is not accurate or simply not recording items caught as it should, even when using say 30 day stats to avoid it resetting at reset etc.

This makes me hesitate on this and needs more careful recording of actual catch compared to durability used.

One thought I had was perhaps it is the auto-trash feature not working as intended with the durability lose etc. as when I tried checking manually it seemd to lose dur. each time.

Needs more checking, as with a lot of this ;)

other thing to bear in mind, is that it looks like the pf drop rate will vary from water to water, depending on species included, relics and possibly some filler common species used to balance their rates.

What may seem reasonable rate for one water and species may not work for others.

Still to early IMO to get more than a rough personal estimation of how drop rates are working etc. But the recording you are doing is the way to understanding it better for sure.

Maginha likes this.
  19. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

White Grouper using stool at Lake Flondor am Guru 9 using a Balenos fishing rod and a Maple float with pets out 9/12/19 at fever time

Moonraker likes this.
  20. Moonraker

Nice report and thanks again for confirming WG there.

Did you catch any relics there? I assume now with pf that they will drop also from that group but did seem to be missing from normal table. If relics seem low at Flonder maybe it is still the case.