1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing levels are now unbalanced

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Vanadiel, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Vanadiel

If you read it again, you will notice I said it is unbalanced compared to other life skills.
    Fishing is the only life skill where the top 30 now consists of guru only.

I don't know if that is good or bad in the long run, but I do know that is an unbalance, and it is something you cannot just roll back.

2. Vanadiel

It is not just others, it is me also. I level up faster, just as they do.
    I am just concerned that fishing rankings are unbalanced level wise compared to all other life skills.

If in the future they make changes so levels of life skills do make a difference, it will not be easy to balance this difference.

3. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Yeah if youre so worried about rankings... Fish more.

To even suggest getting rid of this much needed convenience and honestly, anti p2w feature makes you sound like an *******.

Zev likes this.
  4. Allan1985

well actually few patch notes ago they stated that the buffs of some specific life skills such as hunting trading and some others (cant remember if fishing was included) were meant as a balance pre-life skills revamp, so probably the difference you are mentioning is actually a balance under the context of what is to come.

5. Myntiix

Bdo is not about horting money.

6. Allan1985

so what are you complaining about then?

7. Khondo

Much, much, much more than just killing people.

Smileybones likes this.
  8. ZyZy

I play the game - not just AFK fish. I'm in the teens on the fishing leader boards. First... so what? Secondly... Being a Guru ## or whatever has nothing to do with the recent changes. If anything, it helped everyone else who didn't have the bag space to fish for 9 hours while at work, etc.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Icywave

True, it's PvX

For the main topic though, the guru title on fishing is really a meme... I save about the same durability on my master 20 fisher than my wife who is guru 13.

Also life skill mastery is trash with fishing and the guru means virtually almost nothing in terms of actually making profit for the investment into the clothes. It's probably the worst mastery you can actually invest into (no mastery rod either lol)..

This isn't to discourage people from doing it, most people are just afking anyway so it's irrelevant and could careless because if you enjoy the fishing aspects of the game then it shouldn't matter but for the active fishers, you will find yourself doing the exact same thing when mastery drops with little to no changes.

Kinda sad honestly

10. Icywave

I mean, I can see where you're coming from it was a massive jump spike when the new fishing XP implementations. But really, as of right now the level of fishing means almost nothing unless you want to min/max durability usage from active fishing. If you truly care about the icon above your head then I can see that too. From a functional perspective I personally don't see it as a big deal.

Now if they end up buffing fishing masteries later on , then there could be issues. They might do this, we'll see.

11. Sibyyl

This is great. It's a post complaining about people who fish more than you.

If they're fishing it up, they keep the EXP.

Also, 237ap and 6b in cash. I didn't realize this was a joke post. You understand 6b is nothing, right?

Zev and Tvvin like this.
  12. 2Cents

No it was actually a valid point about fishing not being comparable to other life skills and suggesting you shouldn't get exp for not actually catching fish, but bypassing it.

Your response was just to criticize and mock the OP without any valid reason.

Gorrash likes this.
  13. Tvvin

Wait.People actually get jealous over Fishing ranks? Here I thought fishing was a way to afk profit at work or play something else fun lol

If you're tilted , Just go fish :D

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

How is it unbalanced when all players can choose how they fish? Also really what benefit is there from being top ten or even number one in a profession?

Tvvin and ZyZy like this.
  15. Khondo

I AFK fish every night for 15 mil silver, Imperial Fish tokens, Trade XP, mem frags. Doing that every night has netted me Guru 9. All apart of my overall game play. How else would I have clocked up 790 days game play on my first toon.

16. Vanadiel

At least some seem to understand what I was getting at. With Manos life skills being re worked and introduced at some point, this could mean that having 1 life skill being at a high average level compared to others, might have some kind of overall negative effect. Or maybe not, who knows.
    But at least it's a good idea to think about it, because it is not easily fixed.

17. Vanadiel

The unbalance is in levels between life skills, as in high average fishing skill, but low average training and alchemy skills, for example.
    Fishing really sticks out compared to the rest of the life skills.

And with that I posed the question if you should gain XP for fish you discard. Call it catch and release instead of catch and sell/process.
    I never said we should abandon the latest changes to fishing, but we maybe should make some changes to fishing XP for fish you don't actually catch.

Maybe this unbalance between life skills will lead to issues when they introduce the reworked Manos skills, maybe not. We will see.

18. Sibyyl

But they do catch the fish. The mechanic allows you to dispose the fish after catching it.

"Bypassing" implies some exploit or unintended mechanic, where there is not.

The new AFK mechanics in patch are 100% intended - the fisher catches the fish (watch the screen if you don't believe me - since it reports it when you catch it) and then it's disposed.

Getting the EXP for the catch action doesn't change - like it worked for white fish before.

I did mock the OP for a reason - not without reason. I'd mock you too if you thought 6b was big money. Do you?

Here's a picture to trigger OP.
    [​IMG]

All AFK life skills give AFK EXP. What's your point again?

#38 Sibyyl, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Zev, Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Not all life skills give afk exp. Gathering p, trading and sailing can only be done actively and they take a long time to level.

20. Sibyyl

Gathering, trading, and sailing can't be done AFK, so why would they give AFK EXP?

That's why I said: