1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing Nerf? Was this intended?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightsOut, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:03 PM.

1. SexyNoona

After testing it with exactly 100 slots so i can get more trial runs in. The overall fishing income per 100 slot is significantly less. Before the change, if i sold 100 slots of mixed yellow, blue, green fish i got from afk fishing to imperial, I would get about 4.5-5.5m. If i just sold it all to the trade manager would yield about 2.5m. (This is fishing at Velia Beach)
    After change with 5 trials of selling 100 fish, the average was about 2.3m if i sold all the fish i got to the imperial fish manager and about 1.1m from selling all 100 to trade manager. From my experience (although, few trial runs so not accurate) this seems to be a fishing nerf since if all the 100 fish i sold through both imperial and trade manager doesn't even equal to the pre-change 100 fish sold through trade manager, its quite a bit of a nerf. Almost halved the income from afk fishing for me - Master 10 fishing +5 fishing and +10 balenos rod.
    Just to note post change fishing results should actually be lower because for 1 of the trials of 100 fish caught, i got pretty lucky and caught a lot more rare fishes than the other 4 trials and got about x1.7 the other 4 trials.
    The chances of getting yellow grade fish are way too low and all your inventory gets filled with green and blue grade fish by the time u catch like 5 yellow grade.

Avitohol and Sheky like this.
  2. LightsOut

Result from last night's afk fishing: Silver is 30% less (8 mil instead of the usual 12-14). Very few imperial seals as I only caught 19 yellow fish for 192 inventory (In Ross Sea). Down from 10-12 relics per 192 inv. down to 3 (3x to 4x) less relics.

p.s. Yes, if you summed up the base price of all fish in your inventory now compared to pre-patch, they are somewhat the same value. The problem comes from all the fish now being green grade, and not accepted by Imperial trade for that 250% trading fee boost... Which I hope is an oversight.

Anyway afk fishing in its current state is dead.

@CM Yukimura, @CM Servantes, @CM Richter could you please forward our feedback and tests to PA?

Ashlinidor and Sheky like this.
  3. Mrpmayhem

100% Correct. With a normal AFK fishing session I would get between 25 to 35 gold fish the rest mostly blue and a few green selling these to Imp trader and the overflow to the normal trader i would net about 6.5 mil.
    After the patch yesterday average of 5 gold fish half the amount of blues then the rest green the best i get is 3.1 mil.
    I fish with a enhanced ash float and a golden rod 182 slots with Master 29 skill. Clearly the increase in price was a meant to distract from the fact that AFK fishing would be much less profitable. The hot spots like Vella are supposed to be places were you catch better quality fish from the beach now that is completely useless.

LightsOut likes this.
  4. LightsOut

If you came in here just to share that (As I can see its the first message you ever post in this forum), clearly something is terribly wrong with fishing. Plx fix.

5. Shokora

I guess I was lucky last night :

- 28 yellow
    - 35 blue
    - 70 green

Value : 9.6 M

And 12 relics.

5 hours with +10 Balenos, and 2 hours with +10 Mediah.

I hope I'll be lucky again next night, but I'm not sure...

seanas likes this.
  6. SexyNoona

Yea, guild members averaging about half of what they used to be getting from AFK fishing. This isn't going to increase the sales for inventory slots, its just going to kill it more with AFK fishing being dead. What was the problem with the previous fishing rates that it had to be changed? Instead of spending time and resources on pointless changes like this one since there were no issues from the start, spend time and resources on thinking of balancing classes or bug fixes for drieghan since those are the things that the players have been asking for awhile.

Sheky and LightsOut like this.
  7. Spartakatz

I don't care about your childish insults. I don't care about pure AFK players either. Patch is good for active fishers, end of story.
    Go play browsergames if you want pure AFK nonsense.
    And even if AFK fishing would be nerfed so it only lasts 2-3 hours, I wouldn't give a ****.

#107 Spartakatz, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:46 AM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
  8. Seken

Even though its inconvinient its a really good step that pushes afk fishing more into active or at least semi afk activity. Also rewards active option over the afk one

9. DrrrZolty

NEXT PRESSION FROM KAKAO THAT FORCING PLAYERS TO BUY PEARLS AND UNLOCK MORE BAG SLOTS BECAUSE YOUR BAG GETTING FULL OF GREEN FISHSES THAT WORTH NOTHING, AMEN.
    NOW CASUAL PLAYERS WILL GET ONLY LESS MONEY.

10. United_Strafes

Gotta sell them inventory slots, the $40 costumes that usually suck aren't making them enough money apparently.

11. LucidKill

Its a nerf because we don't get fishing mastery. Instead, we get half baked sugar free content. Less trash means Less casts per night and less relic chances.

#111 LucidKill, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    DiBBz likes this.
  12. Spartakatz

You're still about relics? I posted yesterday already, more than ever in market since months. Yesterday 4500, today over 6500 already.

It seems that other people are just a bit smarter than you and still get plenty of relics, and even a lot more. Blame yourself being incapable of adjusting.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  13. LucidKill

A bit smarter? Yes they must click space bar at genius level. I averaged 14 relics afk pre patch. Got 2 last night. Bad RNG or is it the loot changes?

#113 LucidKill, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:33 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 12:39 PM
  14. Doom Smack

Active has always given much better rewards than afk, across the board entire game not just fishing.

Who stays awake 24/7. Afk fishing isnt great but its ok and something to do for the longer periods when cant play.

15. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 61 NA

People like me who have been doing a lot of fishing have a considerable stack of relic to sell.

I only got 4 yesterday during my workday. The changes hit hard and fishing was my afk and my semi afk activity of choice. I guess I'll go train horses or something since I now only seem to be making 2 mil per afk session (down from 14).

But, the white to green fish looks nice on paper for active fishing (according to some of the post in this thread) ... but if you're doing active fishing in the right spots you're not supposed to be getting greens/white.... so trolls or noobs are once again giving bad input to changes that affect the economy.

Smileybones, omiddo, DiBBz and 2 others like this.
  16. Doom Smack

AFK fishing was always not a great income earner, so I don't know why theyd want to nerf it.

And like souljester just said the white to green seems like a buff on paper.

This is what makes me wonder if they intended a buff and didn't realize the massive nerf white to green is.

Souljester likes this.
  17. LucidKill

They intended a buff but didn't give us the content to fully realize it yet. We most likely need the new Fishing Mastery system Korea got. So now we have to wait for another delay just like they delayed Drieghan, Kama, Lahn, etc.

18. Schinrah

Nice patch, used to get anything from 8-20 relics over night, 8 being bad luck and happening rarely, 20 being good luck and happening more often than ending up with only 8. On Average I'd say I would get around 15 relics over night, today I got 2, and the money I made from selling the fish to nearest trade npc also went down by roughly 25% (I fish for relics, so I just drop the fish at the closest trade npc and go back to fishing).

GJ keep taking a sh't on your own game PA, what since MAY have you actually imrpoved?
    You destroyed any lvl of skill PvP might have had by adding renown and by dumbing down CC/Protections.
    You have not added any content that other regions have for month, but you gave us mechanics that require those regions and the content they bring to make sense or work proper.
    You introduced more P2W, you give us ****ing PET packages every goddamn week instead of you know....maybe putting some effort in and making new costumes??!?! Or anything useful??
    You used your live servers to test nodewar and siege changes that were so obviously bad anyone with any kind of experience in these could tell just from reading your ideas HOW AWESOMELY BAD they were. Then proceeded to mess around with it for weeks screwing guilds left and right with your immature and unfinished patches.
    And now you started to "work" on improving AFK fishing, gj....truly keep it comin! Also, big thx for not giving us the actual content that MIGHT (using this word with more hope than sense) make the change acceptable.

19. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 61 NA

I'd like to add that I don't think the mastery stuff is actually going to make a big difference.... I mean 5% (at 2k mastery) to get a legendary fish and relics? If you have a level 10 float that's like the bonus you're getting (right?)

And I don't think 2k will be all that "easy" to get so no.... I fail to see how the new items and mastery mechanics will make this "good"

20. Grizabella

It is a buff if you are fishing for money in safe spaces where greens are prevalent. If you are fishing for Relic Shards, it sucks.