1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing Nerf? Was this intended?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightsOut, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:03 PM.

1. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 61 NA

This was an excellent buff for fish bots...

Are they suggesting I start fish botting? I mean otherwise I see no reason to keep the game running at night or when Im not here to check it every few hours.

2. Duffy

Well... after my usual night of afk fishing at the velia hotspot, got half the silver in fishes(imperial and normal trader used as usual) and less than half relics, velia afk fishing is trully dead now cause you get wwwwaaayyyyy too many green and almost no gold fish.
    Gonna try another spots and other rods but so far its looking pretty bad, I just cant understand why they would nerf afk fishing like this, it wasnt broke like SMH... or Mystic.

MoZex likes this.
  3. Isteria

If was a buff to the pearl shop inventory purchases now that all white fish is green ...

4. Navee Cheefe

Interesting that my afk results were different than others' results here. I fished Ross Sea overnight, and though my inventory was mostly blue and green (6 relic shards), with only 4 or 5 yellows, when I sold to imperial all that I could, I earned about 6.7 M, which, interestingly, I usually only get about 5.5 M. Then after selling the remaining fish to regular trader, that added another 500k. So my afk results were actually better.

5. Lotusklinge

Currently the AFK fishing is overnight or when you're at work it's totally for the cat. I should also notice this morning. Even if you have turned the white fish into green and raised the value of the fish. It does not change that I had nearly 11 rows of green fish in 155 free inventory slots. That was almost 88 green worthless fish. I got my yellow and blue sold at the Imperial and the greens at the normal dealer. Total value 6,278,000 silver. This is clearly a Nerf, considering that you run the PC here and has real costs of electricity, I think that's more than outrageous.

Fishing-Skill: Guru1 and Rod and Mapel by 10 and branded ;)

Now I have been fishing AFK during the time of my work. I have now used the Mediahangel +10 and my Mapel Float +10. Both should increase the chance by 5% on rare fish. So that we can laugh a lot, I had 9 rows of green fish. Even with the added value of green fish, I do not end up getting the same as before. There I never had more than 3 rows of green fish in it.

6. elgen

Results are going to vary based on spots. Some spots like Trent used to drop a high volume of whites that would be auto trashed so it was favorable to players that wanted relics over rare fish. While deep sea fishing before the patch had a higher drop rare of blue and golds.

That being said I have seen a abnormal amount the altered fish out there compared to what I used to get active fishing when I could keep track of it. This may be due to the decrease is yellow drop rate but I did not expect it to be by as much as it is. The main perk of deep sea fishing is the diversity of yellows that drop out there allowing you to sell more to the imperial trader without maxing them out and being force to sell the rest to normal traders.

7. Talizar

Overnight results Master 25 fisher +10 epheria rod and +10 maple float that expired at some point.
    13 gold fish
    27 blue
    83 green

The gold and blue sold for 4.3m at the imperial trader. The remainder green fish sold for 500k at a trader far from velia beach.

I caught 5 relics which was a bit above normal for me. Not sure where folks are getting 14 shards a night.

Most EXP for fishing came from catching lots of blue and gold fish. I wonder how long it will take me to get to guru now :(.

8. elgen

Most used to get the high relic count in areas that dropped a low amount of blues/golds and a high amount of whites. Now all those spots are worst then average because your getting that ton of whites in the form of greens. As for guru it's a nice personal goal but won't really matter life skill wise once manos gear is released as the majority of perks gained will be based on your manos gear's tier not life skill level. The amount of mastery points you gain from even master is rather low compared to a full set of tri manos gear.

9. DiBBz

DiBBz DiBBz Striker 59 EU

i averaged 9+ fishing for 16 hours on most days while sometimes just fishing none stop for 24 hours a day. most days id get about 14 on very bad days id get 5 at best. the new changes to fishing i have neted a total of 3 today. if that doesn't speak volume to relic income going from 14 or 9+ average a day to that 3 or 4 daily then i dont know what ****ing does. yet people on reddit are like "I get 25+ a day" sorry but i still somewhat call BS.

this simply due to my main issue now being for passive income let alone relic income which is the main reason i done afk fishing cause still having issues getting all my boss gear up. has been nerfed considerably.

if i was getting on average 12-15 scrolls within 7 days. that factor will drop to barely 5. at this point its not AFK fishing. because for those that dont have that big enough of a inventory youl be constantly coming back like i do clearing green and blue fish from inventory every 40 mins or so later to do the same thing compared to when id just let it run its course for 4 hours and rinse repeat. now if you dont have the max inventory slots you cant effectively afk fish over night.

also yes the market has spiked with relic shards but thats not cause they are easier to obtain. not from my knowledge or experience but because people are trying to cash out most likely before the daily total being registered starts dropping more and more till the point more people are buying them than it is able to restock the market.

10. Bob2009

After I afk fished for 8 hrs in ross sea with master 30 fishing, I sold my full inventory of 192 fish to the imperal fisher and made 10.8mil + 9 relics. Does anyone remember how much they made pre-patch from ross sea max inventory at imperial fisher? I seem to recall around ~10-13 mil but i can't remember too well because i was off from the game for 2 months.

#130 Bob2009, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:43 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:06 PM
  11. Stabby

9 hours fishing in Heidel and not one relic.

12. Spartakatz

It doesn't matter what you got. Market always shows what's in the game in abundance and what's rare. Relics are going down in price, and stacking up in market. How does that fit your theory that they would be harder to get now?
    Maybe AFK fishing got worse yes, but most arguments are simply wrong.

Your problem is probably braindead playing according to some "guide" and failing to adjust, nevery try out things yourself, instead stick to old habits even if things change, and then only complain.

Smileybones and Qba like this.
  13. LucidKill

Because there are ALOT more people Fishing and trying out these changes. More people Fishing creates more relics on the market.

Oh and before you go mouthing off again, I am Guru 5 fishing. So I have done my fair share of testing. I don't follow some guide but rather make my own.

Qba likes this.
  14. elgen

That's a rather unrealistic suggestion. People hear are claiming a decrease of relic drops of 50% to 70%. You would need more then ALOT of players that don't normally afk fish to compensate for that. Much less increase the number of relic's on the market while lowering the price.

15. LucidKill

How many people come here? You are full of yourself if you think there are that many people reading your drivel.

16. seanas

Honestly, it's been a buff for me, this fishing change.

Guru 3 fishing, using Balenos +8 and Maple +8, penguin T3, 180 Max slots and about 150 available for fish, fishing in Ross Sea.

Previous would get 7-9 mill and 4-12 relics on average.
    Wed night: 8.3 mill and 8 relics.
    Thurs night: 10.1 mill and 5 relics.

Sample size is still too small, but atm, silver is up about 10%, and relics within expected range.

I think a lot depends on your set-up and where you fish: Hedel relic-scumming is probably dead, same with the various Calpheon relic-scumming spots. Velia Beach looks to have been killed as well. TFC is still great, and Kiama outside of Grana looks good.

Anyone who had min-maxed for a specific fishing spot will need to make changes tho, unless that spot was TFC.

elgen and Qba like this.
  17. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 61

Because these trash devs don't understand that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

18. Doom Smack

Just quickly on the relics - there is also alot more scrolls on market.

19. Stabby

Alt account has been fishing for roughly 7 hours. It has +5 Epheria Rod and +2 fishing clothes. I got 56 fish, of which 2 were yellow tier. I got ZERO relics. Artisan 8 fishing.

Total profit from fishing for eight hours: 542,000 silver

#139 Stabby, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:02 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM
  20. Mythmaster

"Chances of catching higher grade fishes were decreased, but their prices were increased. This should yield the same amount of profit or more overall."

Well, that statement from the patch notes turned out to be complete bull. I caught ZERO blue or gold fish last night. I made about ONE TENTH of what I was making before this patch. For them to make a statement like that and have these results means they either made a miscalculation in their catch rates or they're completely incompetent or flat-out liars. It's a short menu with this big of a disconnect.