1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix Game Economy and ingame inflation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LightsOut, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

I see this long time ago, the issue is that you need the Quick Retreat skill.
    We are Huntig every day, and if i read that someone with no skill and gear is able to do 200mill per Hour. . .

2. LightsOut

What about this? Does this also need Quick Retreat?
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernRoughLadiesPlanking

3. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

4. Lunarbender

Lunarbender Sorceress 59 NA

Good ideas.

5. LORDZERG

The first video is the normal way to kill monsters with skill fast retreat I have the skill with Profesional 1 sailing and it's for a fast backward move, the second twitch video is clearly an exploit of rotating the camera I found out how they do it - camera locking with a gamepad. that exploit must be fixed!

6. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

If you removed preorders, how would anything inflate with fixed market prices? If there were no preorders, there wouldn't be any inflation. The only problem you'd have after this is supply and demand.

7. LightsOut

Inflation will still be there just not visible in terms of "item was sold for 9999999999999999 billions of silver". Your silver will be worthless as it would be impossible to buy anything with it. Even all materials and useless green items will be always maxed price and nobody will produce anything because nobody will need silver anymore as they cannot use silver to purchase goods.

R.Prescott likes this.
  8. R.Prescott

Preorders delete silver from the economy, which helps to keep inflation in check. Inflation is an increase in the quantity of silver in the economy leading to a decrease in the value of silver, which is the problem we are facing.If you delete preorders, everyone will have even more money which will lead to people stopping doing lifeskills that provide goods to the market for others to buy, and eventually you'll have everyone with loads of money but nothing to buy.

LightsOut likes this.
  9. LightsOut

Exactly.

10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

That's not inflation, that's supply and demand. As you said the prices will be maxed, but they will be set in stone. They won't be able to go above the maximum price assigned to them.

11. LightsOut

Not really. Demand will still be there and if there is a demand there will always be supply, but money (silver) will have no value. In such cases in real life in the past people switch to trading goods and services for other goods and services, but this isn't possible here as we don't have player trade, so it would bring the economy to a halt.

Our little argument here doesn't really matter though, if you call it inflation or a problem with supply and demand as the end result is the same --> dead marketplace and dead economy. And I think we can both agree on that.

R.Prescott likes this.
  12. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

People have already stopped doing life skills and general grinding, which is why there is a supply problem on the market, coupled with the influx of payouts generated by sea monster hunting that causes the preorders to increase. As more time passes, more people are sea monster hunting and the more they do, they more their payouts grow. The more the payouts grow, the larger the preorders become and that is the inflation we are talking about. Preorders aren't deleting enough silver from the economy because there isn't enough supply to allow for it. Removing preorders removes the inflation, but it doesn't solve the supply and demand problem.

13. LightsOut

Lets keep this discussion constructive and bring in more ideas as to how to improve the game economy instead of arguing with one another how to call the problems we're facing. I see no point in arguing how inflation or supply and demand work. @RageAgainst

14. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

That isn't true. Just because there is a demand for an item doesn't mean there is a supply of it. Take right now for instance, there is a demand for crescent rings and basilisk's belts, where are they? The supply does not meet the demand, which is why there is inflation on preorders.

I'm not calling it one problem or the other, it's both. Removing preorders removes inflation, it doesn't solve the supply and demand problem though. I've always said this game wasn't anywhere near as rewarding as it should be. If it were, there wouldn't be a supply problem like we have and people wouldn't be turning to alternative methods to get filthy rich in game.

15. LightsOut

The supply would meet the demand if there was free trade allowed and people were able to exchange 2 crescent rings for an ogre ring in 1:1 trade. People just don't want silver as silver is becoming less valuable.

We know why free trade isn't and should never be allowed (RMT), thus we need to decrease overall amount of silver in the game and increase the supply which will automatically lower the base and the preorder prices of everything.

16. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

All I can say is, it's entirely possible if they remove preorders from the market, it might push people back out into the world to get the items since they will no longer be reliant on preorders to obtain them. It's possible, but also unlikely.

17. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Free trade as in an open market? Or player to player trading? I'm not opposed to the 2:1 crescent rings to ogre ring idea at all, but a free market would have exactly the same results we are seeing now and player to player trading would lead to silver selling and RMT. I'd rather those stay out of the game as much as possible.

18. LightsOut

Ofc it will but how do you imagine ever getting a TRI ogre ring when it takes you a week to drop 1 or 2 of them (if its not already infested with players). And if people cant buy it off the MP, you can expect to have 30 people waiting for 1 ogre to spawn.

19. R.Prescott

It doesn't 'remove inflation' though, it removes you being able to see it on the marketplace, but it is still happening - preorders take silver and not all of it goes to the next player, thus removing it from the economy, removing the ability to preorder does not help anything.

If there was less immense income possible through sea monster hunting, (and another issue, if the economy wasn't so event driven, give better drop rates please PA) then people would lifeskill and grind to supply the market, and then we'd have an alive economy again. There is a supply issue, I acknowledge that, but inflation is one of the causes of this - people have no need to supply the market because they have so much silver from other sources already. We are going back and forth on two different issues that are both present and not mutually exclusive.

seanas likes this.
  20. LightsOut

If we had a free market a moderate inflation rate would not cause any trouble though. As prices increase you would be able to sell your goods for more silver, thus earning more. In the meanwhile everything will cost more. So if you could make 20 mil per day yesterday and that was enough to buy you a crescent ring, tomorrow you would be able to make 40 mil per day but a crescent ring would cost 40 million, hence keeping the same balance between productivity / reward.

P.s. If you can't understand that, I'm not wasting anymore of my time with this debate.