1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix Game Economy and ingame inflation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LightsOut, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Rayin

To be honest to me it sounds really stupid that you must "cover" the cost of buffing yourself. I mean, currently taking buff villa and other kind of buffs doesn't have any negative side and a Siege Guild payout covers their cost vastly, while a small T1 node guild in total might have 1-2 people that use those buffs because they have the gear, an efficient worker empire, the mindset and the ability to cover the costs of those buffs through grinding, the forementioned worker empire and other sources.

This lead to widen the gap even more between different gearscores, guild sizes, numbers and guild tier, making the strong much stronger and the weak even weaker than it is already.
    For me the idea behind Villa buffs themselves is that they should be used only on specific occasion, for example when you really want to destroy a guild because you have beef with it or if you really want that bad to win, be a territory or a node.
    Nothing should be able to cover the cost of such huge buffs or at least if you want to cover them, you should slightly lose some money, not cover them properly and gain 200kk out of it.

What if Sovereign would spend the money to win a Territory against Enemy and Enemy doesn't have the money to do so or is not willing to spend them? in that scenario we could probably see a more even fight or at least a fight where one side is going all-in to win something. And could happen the other way around, aka Enemy being fully buffed while Sov isn't. Or Sov could decide to sacrifice a huge chunk of the money earned from the Territory - every week - to secure it for future, since the more you stay in a territory and the more you gain out of it.

This should be the real gold sink, then other activities should grant more stable drops, a more reliable income but it should be also less lucrative.
    As it stands right now if you want to go in Siege with your guild you don't need only to have the right GS and numbers, you need to have a Tent - as even the laziest that never took a Villa buff in their life now do so - an insignificant amount of money, that's it.
    Then you can proceed to beat others, probably not fully buffed - because some member was too lazy to go in Shakatu and buy the villa - and you can say that you spent your money, when in fact those buffs helped you to secure a victory that probably wouldn't be so certain and in fact you didn't spend money, you made a small investment gaining a lot out of it.

#101 Rayin, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Lurea

You just contradicted yourself "Other than taxes" and "Therefore, no, the silver is not removed from the game"
    So every sale removes 30% of the silver from the game. With more expensive items like acc that's a pretty sum every time. Only a hand full of ppl have value pack on, let alone all the time.

And if you fail a ACC upgrade the money can't be recuperated. It' is very out of the game. Especially if you used cron stones and they are used and it still takes both acc.

3. Lurea

I agree that my "200mil removed" was wrong. Sorry, i should have formulated that better.
    But silver is still lost. 30% from taxes by default. If you used crone stones and they didn't work that's a other few (some times 100) mil.

4. Nibblesdragon

Cute. First you snap back at me with this one, and then immediately after that you nicely and apologetically clarify yourself right after to LightsOut with what you should have just said in the first place.

You said ALL of the silver was removed in your original post. Therefore, no, I didn't contradict myself. You made a massive mistake that made you look painfully dumb.

#104 Nibblesdragon, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. OceanPerson

At the end of the day it is impossible to fix inflation in a video game because players do not have to participate in Silver Out activities.

6. SunHoYee

Great post

7. Bakayaro

Now sailors, will be dead af if they implemented this.

8. LORDZERG

I think there are speed hacks in the sea they are making a massive amount of money, I personally hunt monsters from time to time and I don't make 500mil per hour I hardly get any 100m item. PA should investigate what is happening but not nerf monsters as general and the only one reason for inflation. The problems are many and I hope they will fix the inflation.

9. R.Prescott

A few members in my guild decided to try out sea monster hunting this week as a replacement for nodewars, due to Kakao disabling tax distribution while they look into the bug with nodes at the moment, and on the very first day, with no prior experience, they made ~61m/hr.

That is more money than Hystria, and it requires nowhere near the silver investment, and nowhere near the experience and skill before it becomes worthwhile, and that is all raw silver income; items don't need to go through the market and have silver come from another player, it is raw silver into the economy.

I agree that those using speed hacks make the biggest impact on the economy and have accelerated inflation far beyond what we would otherwise see within this time period, but even if legitimate sailors continue to make money in this volume, there is no reason for any other form of moneymaking and that must be changed, else the market will become even dryer than it already is and nobody will have anything to spend silver on. At the very least, it should be made to require the same level of investment that comparatively lucrative grinding needs, else the economy will never recover.

Of course, if grinding had better drop rates on rare items and we weren't reliant on attendance rewards to run the accessory market, sea monster hunting as-is would be balanced and the inflation it causes would be solved by a greater quantity of accessory preorders going through, but that would require Pearl Abyss using their brains, and from the PvP changes, we already know they're completely incapable of that unfortunately.

10. Nibblesdragon

At least grinding provides black stones, and a few accessories (though way more is needed) in addition to pure silver.

11. Vanadiel

This is typical for any MMO. I don't know of any MMO that does not have a massive inflation issue over time.

It's because the in game currency is not linked to the typical structures that make up an economy and the whole in game economy is based on a virtual structure that always fails after a few years.

The only way to fix this is to tie in game silver to pearls and allow conversion back and forth.
    This will also keep the devs on high alert for exploits and cheaters and force them to act quickly instead of waiting days to do a ban wave.

100 million silver = 10 USD worth of pearls would be a good start to get the economy fixed and prevent inflation from running totally out of control.

It will link the in game economy to the real world economy and fix all these issues.

Of course they will never do that because they are only interested in selling you Pearls for USD, not giving you an option to exchange in game silver for Pearls.

12. Kurylenko

They could also buff the rare item drop rates such as yellow accessories to create more supply. This game's rare item drop rates are abysmal and do not faily reward the player for their time spent grinding. Sure, you get a fair amount of silver from the trash loot but you won't be able to spend that instantly on upgrades since you'll be competing with sea monster hunters who are slapping very big pre-orders on rare items.

If they buff the rates on rare items such as accessories, we'll be able to see pre-order prices go down and players who need the to enhance and progress themselves can keep the accessories for their own use. With this said, they will most likely need to lower the amount of trash loot dropped or their overall silver value when sold an NPC.

R.Prescott likes this.
  13. HairaQ

4. The solution
    it is not so simple as you wrote. Sea monsters "bug" is for log time but not many people exploit it. It changed...
    problem was for long time and some people exploit it for long...
    gap between players is huge now, because of bugs generally. This game should have reset some sort.
    sorry to say that but kakao and pearabys done very bad job and we pay price because they are incompetent sadly :(.
    client side bad secured operation are why this game bleeding for long time.
    to fix this they should delete all gear, all silver, fix good for nothing korean random enchant system, make gap to how many resources any player should have (some players dig in sand and have litte too much hards... for example) fix pvp system by removing
    hidden stats and **** and make this system real and balanced. BDO is IMHO beyond repair because
    kakao/pearl never take so drastic measures to fix what they ****ed up, but will give some of bandages to stop bleeding a little
    to make some money more. they dont care of their child... and it is sad... they are not real players... only businessmen.
    this game is near dead because of that.

14. TeRRoRibleOne

Do you think siege guilds only take a villa and that's it? You forgot about all the consumables and house items used. So we have potions, whale potions, whale elixirs, draughts or single elixirs(which cost more overall to run), deep sea elixirs, perfume of courage, and then multiple different house items to use...... Whale pots in a siege it's easy to use 100. Please go redo your math because those guilds use the same buffs in nodes.

R.Prescott likes this.
  15. Nibblesdragon

Yeh but those are either made from your own alchemy, or buying from other players. Doesn't really take silver out of the economy. Then again, Villas only remove an extremely tiny fraction not even worth noticing.

16. TeRRoRibleOne

Another week of no action in fixing what's causing the inflation, thanks lazy dev's. Just take out the stupid sea monsters for a month till you fix it, it isnt hard.

R.Prescott likes this.
  17. floofy

Get the items not the money to bid/purchase on items if you really want progress. Items> money.The game is meant to be like that. It's more stupid if you only do 1 thing in the game and get everything on market. Those extra billions people have will sink into oblivion once safe enhance comes out on pen. Other's even have a lot of money that they cron stone their pen attempts because it saves them more time if they already have the stacks.

18. R.Prescott

I'd agree if your next upgrade was blue coral earrings, Witches earrings or maybe a Serap's necklace, but are you seriously trying to say that at the current droprates, enhancing softcap accessories is even remotely possible with only drops? Unless you're super RNG carried on both drops and enhancing, that isn't viable whatsoever, and suggesting that it is makes me question your experience.

19. BANiSH

I like this approach. A lot of consumables / buffs are event based. Adding such a NPC would solve multiple issues at the same time. (e.g. Imp Captain's Knife, Giant's Draught, Tough Whale Tendon Potions/ Elixirs, etc.)

20. Rayin

I know, that's what's wrong nonetheless, that to win fights buffing yourself doesn't cost something as it's covered from the money you gain through your guild payout, grinding and life skills.