1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix Gear Imbalance in PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by owo 2, Aug 8, 2018.

1. owo 2

When will the devs fix the gear imbalance especially in pvp? An equalization feature would help or something along those lines like providing softcap gear that works in pvp only or even more free softcap gear event this time not locked for level 60s and up. The amount of time and effort it takes to catch up to players that have been playing since years ago is quite vast to the point where if you're not softcap and lvl 60+ you are basically at a major advantage. Fix pvp gear gap maybe fix the reknown score giving massive bonuses at higher ap and instead covert the ap at higher end to the lower end instead. So it's not just gear carried apes who mash buttons with their face and still manage to be putting out "good" gameplay just because they are majorly geared whether that is through playing for years or just being outright p2w.

2. hawkmanlol492

while at it, give everyone free pearls too...atleast 100k each

just so you know: its alot easier to get 540 gs now than it was back then when WE had to get it. You basically have to work only 50% of what we worked to get to the same point.... so let us enjoy the fruits of our work for god sake. I agree it's not a very good mentality cuz it denies new people joining the game..but that's the game's fault,,,,not ours... WE DID OUR TIME!

Instead of ****ing with the progress of those older players that had to put in hours of hard work.... just to make it a lil better for the new players..... Instead of that, why not just group players in by gearscore or so, have battle grounds that restrict that, nodewars that restrict that somehow.... so weak fights weak and strong fights strong

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ap scaling above softcap is just too high. that is the root of all problems in this game

also, if anyone thinks getting 60 is the problem, they are playing the wrong game. its not bashing, it is cold truth.

Reigne Irkalla and AZzalor like this.
  4. owo 2

each new player that gets turned away could be a dedicated player lost

which means bdo may just die in the long run just from being very non new player friendly

which means less players and less money for them

what they could do is make a pvp only set that gives you pretty decent gear for pvp but it's not "the best" so really geared players would still keep their advantage that they "worked" for but also make it a lot more balanced in general for non geared players

even with equalized for example you would still have level and probably sp advantage so you still "worked" for something and retained it

#4 owo 2, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

you can get softcap in 5-6 months, stop QQing and go play

6. WhySoSeeryus

if you are lucky, invested money and can play alot, big maybe.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yep, so did the others who got the gear already, so why should you not?

Slytrix likes this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

when rng makes you fail 7 times before you get your first tri bis accessory (not a crescent), and then proceeds to buttsex you on few next ones, you simply cant make the deadline. :D :D :D

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I spent 2.8 billion just to get ONE duo ogre...i know that feel, but it happens to everyone, not only you

Souda likes this.
  10. Cedricu

Another "give us soft cap gear" thread lol.
    Why would you even want to play the game anymore if you just get everything on a silver plate with minimum effort?

Agree the renown score is a problem and probablly the biggest one that make you "new players" to have problems against veterans. The problem could be very easily solved just with a simple revert on the stats giving higher bonuses at low lvl and viceversa. Wasnt that the renown score purpose from the beginning? help the new players to catch up with the older ones? Thats devs fault indeed but asking for soft cap gear and etc is just lame af in a korean mmorpg.

11. WhySoSeeryus

well, my dande cost me 3+ bill as well, and some other things cost way more than expected. i guess im not skilled and need to git gud :'(

12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

no, you just have to stop complaining and keep trying. eventually it'll go. Everyone will be lucky and will be unlucky.
    I used over 6 bil to get my urugons to tet, but only needed around 50mil to get my dim to it. It will even out eventually.

13. owo 2

it should not take 5-6 months assuming you have rng to have the starter pack to even start pvping aka gear

14. owo 2

i gave multiple suggestions

one was to equalize it so it's more about >skill< than gear

one was they fix the reknown problem

15. Törni

No, they explicitly stated that the aim of renown score is to enhance the effect of gear progression even more. Exponentially, which is in line with how exponentially harder it becomes to upgrade, the higher gear level you go.

16. Cedricu

17. Törni

Thank you for supporting my statement with this screenshot.

18. owo 2

i mean does it really seem like a good newer player experience when you have to struggle for more than 6 months before even starting out pvp then once you get some gear you're still vs people with pens/tets and they probably got even more gear in the time you spent catching up

19. Cedricu

Your statement is correct but incomplete.
    As you can see from the red mark you ignore one of the reasons of the renown score is also to help rokies too!! As they said with their very words.

20. WhySoSeeryus

it evens out, but through me, but through that luckyrng carried guy :D :D :D