1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix Guild Mission "Collect Wage" feature!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aphy, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Aphy

Aphy 62 NA

I have searched the threads and google and I cannot find anyone talking about this but this needs to be addressed..

The "Collect Wage" feature for guild missions was a good idea to get members to participate more in guild missions however the fact that members can use this feature as a savings tool can severely crash a guilds bank!
    D:<

Let me explain. The total amount of funds per mission (guilds half of silver + members half of silver) gets deposited fully into the GUILDS FUNDS TOTAL. It does NOT get divided with half the silver being directed towards the participating guild members in a separate function. This causes a false balance of guild funds as the actual amount is incorrect and only reflects a guesstimate of actual guild funds. Guild members believe its their own personal guild bank and let the collect wage funds pile up using it as a savings tool. This reflects billions of incorrect funds. (yes I mean billions, my guild has tested it) There is no proper way to do the banking and no real guilds fund TOTAL with the current coding for the mission funds. Imagine doing a massive guild payout of billions and then directly after the majority of members are then cashing out on billions more of uncollected mission wages. It can potentially leave the guild bank with a zero balance!

There are a few options that can be created. It will require more coding but it really is needed. 1, actually divide the mission earnings to deposit member wages into a separate banking system that does not get totaled with guild funds. (It can then be used as a savings and never effect the guilds actual total what so ever). or 2, (I like this one best) put an expiration date on the collect wage feature. Members have until say... "the weekly update" to collect their mission wages or forfeit them entirely to the guild funds. Collect it or lose it but this will protect the guilds bank and allow proper banking for guild activity.
    <3

GenericUser and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. GenericUser

Agreed, this seems like just sloppy coding/ui on the part of the game devs.

Aphy likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

But.....it is their savings.....
    They did the work...it's their money, not the guilds collectively.
    When you do a payout you are giving away not only collective money but also their money as well.

Soooo...yeah , there could be some sort of safegaurd implemented, but you also should practice better management as well.

BDOISBROKEN likes this.
  4. AlnilamE

3) Make payouts disregard outstanding wages when they are calculated (and preferably show the amount of outstanding wages either as a subtraction or as a separate column.

Aphy likes this.
  5. GenericUser

One issue with members not claiming their wages is guild tax. Imagine a guild with 10bil in the bank, but 8bil is actually unclaimed wages, the guild is taxed at the 10bil each week, but they really only have 2bil in their treasury, the other 8bil could be withdrawn at any time by the members who haven't claimed it.

Vinxena and Aphy like this.
  6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Would it be hard for the game devs to make a wage bank that is separate from the guild bank?

Aphy likes this.
  7. Lord_Xenon

It's interesting that not even Andaro explained it why it is so. Because those funds are indeed guild funds to begin with. You can only get them paid out for you. And when you get kicked/leave and not claiming them, then they remain in the guild and the 'wage' of you get removed.
    The same can be said about daily pay for members. Why don't the system remove the sum for the outstanding pay from the funds too???
    Because it's way easier this way than doing nonsense calculations for a problem not yet solved in itself(not claimed). If you care about 'inflated' then say that your members have to take their wages etc. before the tax.

Aphy likes this.
  8. Aphy

Aphy 62 NA

Excuse you, Management practices are fine! The problem is in the coding. GM's hands are tied when the coding has flaws. How can banking be done properly when the total is a guesstimate? If those funds were their money and not the guilds collectively then why does it sit in the guilds collective bank? If it is "THEIR" savings then why is it not sitting in "THEIR BLACK SPIRIT SAFE? Also.. when we do a payout SHOULD we be giving away their money as well? That is not right. The Coding is not right. And this needs to be fixed!!

9. Kiri_Dar

At least give GM option to see wage each person has available to collect. Then you could talk about management but currently this is completely hidden number except to the member who hasn’t grabbed it. Bad planned out feature is all this is.

Aphy and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Take this as a free finance management lesson 101.
    Welcome to the world of record keeping..you know when your guild completes guild missions, you are going to have to set up an allotment. So look at your account before a mission, then after. and do the math on how many participants you saw..this is just gonna have to be a requirement for ranking members who pop missions.

So pretty much what ever number you see in the guild bank will never be correct...Just like IRL and banks in general.

If you take the time to so this correctly..its actually a real world skill you can take with you..And is very very marketable as well as personally profitable.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

They lose it when they leave the guild remember....If you begin to suspect someones hoarding, tell them to cash out. If not, well do what you gotta do.

12. Aphy

Aphy 62 NA

I've done book keeping for decades and the first thing you never do is settle for faulty programming. My XL guild spams missions 24/7 and no one has the time to babysit each player every time they cash out on wages or daily pay. Nor would I ever forbid them to withdraw their earned funds until I personally give the okay only after I sat and calculated every silver piece. IDK what bank you have or how badly you handle your money but my RL funds in my banks are always correct.

The great thing about forums is the ability to discuss the mechanics and features and come up with ways to improve the game. This is vital not only for current players but new players as well as PA. Who would want to play a game where nothing was ever solved nor improved upon? The game would close down.

I don't have members leaving. Nor is that even a solution. I don't suspect anything as my guildies are very open about everything. This does not fix the issue what so ever.

GenericUser likes this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

LOL..Well I tried to play devils advocate..I cant even white knight correctly when it comes to some of the issues with this game.
    The one Im talking about is the failed internal journal system for this game. Since freaken release its been an issue, and now its coming to a head. Without that, you are correct it is impossible to find a solution to this problem.

Aphy likes this.
  14. Nicci

+1 Aphy

This is an MMORPG, not an accounting class. The design should be made to make the side features seemless, not a chore. There is no reasonable explanation, especially none that I've seen in this thread, as to why this feature should not be made user-friendly. Leaving the unaccounted for totals of unclaimed wages be a mystery is just irresponsible. It should take no effort at all to have a number visible on the guild widget that shows "uncollected wages."

Vinxena and Aphy like this.
  15. BDOISBROKEN

If you want an easy fix just have your members collect daily. They can create their own storage in a town they dont travel too. The guild bank isn't their personal savings acct and guilds shouldn't be responsible for members who cant be bothered to be responsible. Idk why you blame this on poor coding when actually its your members who cant help but spend all their available silver and use your guild bank as a "safety deposit box" when everything goes poof.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I agree with you, except that there would be nothing wrong if it actually was an accounting class though. It really should be a mandatory skill, and if anyone can gain something positive from spending time in a game, mastering accounting, and money management wouldn't be a bad deal.

And sometimes that's what it takes to run a successful guild. Great management skills.

But yea..if they cant even get the journal to run correct cause of time stamp issues..I have little faith in any system they patch together to solve this issue.

17. Vinxena

^ This is a perfect solution.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Exactly, it's not like Pearl Abyss ever sucessfully patched BDO, fixed any bug or implemented any improvment to any of its subsystems.