1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Staff Response FIX OCEAN DESYNC

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Blitzball, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:06 PM.

1. Blitzball

Blitzball BlitzBall Striker 61 EU

THE DESYNC IN OCEAN IS INSANE. BOATS APPEAR FROM NOWHERE. YOU SEE OTHER BOATS LIKE THEY ARE TELEPORTING

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO BOAT FIGHTS

seanas, Depthside and shidoxen like this.
  2. GM Peperoncino

Game Master

Hello @Blitzball

I would like to ask you, in this case, to send us a ticket (using this link) as this could be a technical issue with your connection, if not that case we will have all the information needed to create a report to the QA Team.

3. GismoShow

It was reported many times on forum.
    Desync on sea happen when another ship go out from view range, when it came back it's in bug/desync. Those ship manytimes stay on 1 place (mostly dubled) and have default skin with calpheon crest on sail. When you hit that ship, it disappear.

seanas and Depthside like this.
  4. shidoxen

Happened a few days ago for me also. I had two guildies on board who thought the random attacking us was hacking because we tried ti fight him off for 2 mins after realising someone was trying to sink us. I was like "nah, he's not hacking, its just super desync"
    Started with them thinking it was cannon fire. Than a white dot beside us but no ship. I started ramming, ship appeared for a sec and vanished behind us which looked like the ship was teleporting. Kept fighting it off as a test but could not damage it.

Finally decided it was pointless to keep trying and fled out of range. We repaired and decided to go back hoping either to desync him for revenge or that desync would be gone and we would sink him.

Went back and desync was gone. Decent fight but he went to char select before the sink.

We continued on to kill a sea monster and found him again two mins later. THIS TIME we got the sink! >:D

No idea what is causing the desync in the first place, but from what I have gathered from talking with and hearing other guildies and sailors alike, it always starts from the initial attacking person when it happens. But seems to fix if the defender goes out of range from their view and comes back.

Only reason im suggesting it is not just a connection issue is that this same issue has happened to myself and everyone who has been in our guild for awhile whom is used to going to sea. :9

No real suggestion on a fix method though. :/ Hopefully the above was semi clear. Just crawling out of bed and working on morning coffee. XD If it is not, I can give more feedback on request after I wake up. :9

Side note: i imagine the shadow images of ships that appear often are the same desync issue. Like you come across a players ship and it is actually not there currently and the other player is most likely further ahead. Just seeing an image of where their ship was maybe 30s prior. This one is very very common to come across. Seems that one of that cases was described in the post above. It does not always appear as the default skin though. That is about 1/3 of the time.

#4 shidoxen, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:48 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 4:14 AM
    seanas and Depthside like this.
  5. Depthside

can vouch.. even in my own fleet. go out of view for 2 sec and half the crew can't see someone else. Half the time the only way I can tell the galley is nearby is seeing 2-4 copies of it turning in place with no gear off in the distance. (this has been going on for months)

seanas likes this.
  6. seanas

Can confirm: we sail with three ships; if one goes out of sight of the other two for a short time, they are desynced and are unable to see the other ships or sailors without a relog. Has been happening consistently since the Wed 10 October update; would happen every once in a while previously, but now it is predictable if a ship is out of sight.