1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix the United as One Flame of Aspiration Boss! (Your support staff told me to post in suggestions)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mallor, Aug 13, 2019.

?

Which of the following should the development team do in response to this bug?

1. Move scroll summon location to an open field.

7.1%
  2. Increase the hitbox of the Flame of Aspiration. (so it cannot be invulnerable when spawned)

14.3%
  3. Remove RNG related to the summon scroll. All patterns should summon boss if done correctly.

71.4%
  4. Extend the event/title giveaway

57.1%
  5. Scrolls should be free, instead of 10mil per attempt.

21.4%
  6. Extend or remove time limit for pattern completion

40.5%
  7. Do nothing, even though multiple people have experienced this issue.

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mallor

Mallor Alisdair Witch NA

Some backstory first, I sent in a ticket today explaining that my party had 'perhaps' spawned Flame of Aspiration, because there were no remaining flames around the pillar, but there was Flame of Aspiration in the center only visible on the minimap. We could not target or attack the Flame of Aspiration, we could not summon next scroll because "boss still active" appeared once trying, we could not change party leader or leave party, and we could not see the flame. The scroll despawned 90 seconds after we did one of the correct patterns, which is why we were all quite sure we had come across a bugged invulnerable boss spawn. Again WE KILLED ALL FRAGMENTS OF ASPIRATION AROUND THE TOWER! Party members and I got a copy/paste response to ticket:
    upload_2019-8-12_20-7-42.png

This is precisely why I am posting this bug in this forum, because your staff told me to do so.
    So I'll say this again:
    Your scroll boss has a possibility of spawning inside one of the pillars or the platform, it has a possibility to be invisible when it spawns. Don't believe me? look at the vods pinned in the BDO Event discord in the #United-as-one-discussion. We all know you have staff members monitoring it, as per us telling you to just make the hints more clear so we knew there was rng actually involved in the 4 patterns discovered.
    Everytime you despawn the scroll the black smoke appears in a different location from the previous time. When you use a relic scroll you will notice the bosses can appear anywhere 360 degrees around the large orb in the center. The boss is in too small of an area for a spawn so here are some solutions you should consider: Move the scroll location to an open field, Make the hitbox for the boss much larger (so large that if you hit anywhere inside the platform it will not be invulnerable to damage, or get rid of the rng for the patterns in general if you cannot make changes to the boss/scroll location. Whether your staff wants to believe the boss is bugged or not, it is your responsibility to do QA testing and check logs to make sure bug reports are indeed valid. I would appreciate you do that instead of sending us all a copy and paste response.

I do not recommend anyone do this quest until this bug is fixed. My party members and I have not been the only ones to experience this issue.

Editted to add screenshots of my party:
    upload_2019-8-12_22-43-4.png
    upload_2019-8-12_22-43-26.png
    upload_2019-8-12_22-43-54.png

Of Xydus' party:
    upload_2019-8-12_22-44-37.png
    upload_2019-8-12_22-45-2.png

Another party I did today, was helping other complete quest (same bug):
    upload_2019-8-13_11-50-50.png
    upload_2019-8-13_11-51-6.png

#1 Mallor, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

I fail to see the problem. Perhaps you need to git gud.

Just kidding it's broken trash.

Shemmie, Metalharpey and Mallor like this.
  3. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

If you really were interested in addressing the bug, you wouldn't smuggle in twenty other nerfs or gimme's for the event under the same subject.

No one will disagree there are serious issues with the event, but removing the RNG just for you is some special entitlement there.

4. Mallor

Mallor Alisdair Witch NA

I put the remove rng option into the poll in the event that they cannot fix the bug, just as I put in remove gold cost on scrolls so people cannot ask for compensation. There would be no need to ask for compensation, if all people wasted was their time, not 1bil on scrolls just to come across bugs when the boss did eventually appear. I'm not sure how you're interpreting the poll but when voting for that option, the poll is suggesting they remove rng for everyone. I mean it is a feasible suggestion in the event they cannot move scroll summon to a large area or increase hitbox of the boss. I'm not directly asking PA/Kakao to only remove RNG for my individual scroll summons. I agree that would be very entitled and insane.

The poll options were literally suggestions from other members in the BDO Event discord, not all of them are what I precisely want. They are based on what the community has already suggested (hence why I did not vote for all the nerfs in my thread response, or in the poll).

5. Icywave

I mean, if you remove the RNG aspect of it you removethe entire part of the story involving the solution for it. At this point , you would be getting a super super easy title when all the people who spent hundreds of millions of silver to get theirs and the hard work of timing the event and all of the time spent , day and night then you can just get it easily ... That's not fair to everybody else.

It's unfortunate that it's bugged sometimes, this is something I hope they address... But for people asking for compensation are just trying to get all of their money back because they're frustrated about the event (not even the bugs) and I don't think that's right. You should be compensated for the times it bugged, even then they probably wouldn't compensate the gold you spent, but rather give you an item of some sort.

You buy into the event to play it and everyone knows it's RNG, you can't get compensated for all of your chances because a few were bugged.

I'm not directing that you but some people in the BDO Event discord feel they should be compensated for all of them because it bugged a few times.

It's frustrating to do this event, and there's no telling how many times it bugged for people who got it already but that doesn't mean it should be made easier, if you make it easier then I would say you shouldn't get access to the Soul title (because that's how Darkness/Light/Eternal were treated) ...

In reality, there should be no poll options... they should just fix that aspect of it otherwise you're just giving a title away since the answers are already there that we all worked hard to try and figure out for days, coordinating figuring out the patterns working together hard to try and find solutions and actually do once people found out the solutions with little to no sleep btw - this wasn't done so you could eventually have it easy later on , this is so we could have our title reward and a chance at a top 10 spot for those rewards..

6. Mallor

Mallor Alisdair Witch NA

"The boss is in too small of an area for a spawn so here are some solutions you should consider: Move the scroll location to an open field, Make the hitbox for the boss much larger (so large that if you hit anywhere inside the platform it will not be invulnerable to damage, or get rid of the rng for the patterns in general if you cannot make changes to the boss/scroll location."
    ^ This is my opinion. I only want RNG to be removed if they cannot repair bug by next maintenance. I would like title event to be extended, since there is currently a bug, but I don't care whether they do or don't. I did not add compensation to the poll; however, I will not lie I did put in my ticket I would like to be compensated with a quest complete (wouldn't you?) since it's a 1-hit boss, we got it to spawn, and we had to sit there for 90 seconds taking screenshots/trying to kill boss since it was invulnerable. I don't want my money back, I just want a quest complete tick in my log for that quest. I don't want top 10 leaderboards, I would appreciate another shot at soul title after patch, and I don't care about any of the other rewards offered.

Again I only put the poll there to correspond with the fact this is the suggestion forum, and I will remind you the GM did tell me to post my bug here lol.
    Those were the suggestions from the event discord so I added it to the poll. We will see how the staff responds to this, I don't have much faith other than a new copy pasta to my ticket. It's not like I can request logs and show them exactly where the issue occurred.

Edit: as of this edit I no longer need key of truth or soul title, thanks event discord for all the info, tinfoil, + runs. Quest is still bugged as all hell though!

#6 Mallor, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Digi_Assassin likes this.
  7. CrestFirill

LOL just looking at this and comparing with the post I made, got the EXACT same email response, f*cking word for word

8. CM Goodvibesguy

Community Manager

Hey there,

The developers are aware of the issues with the event and are working on improving the mechanics of some aspects of it

9. Ndianagnomes

Removing the RNG aspect here wouldn't ruin this event for anyone. There is some HEAVY RNG here. I personally spent 5 hours with a group Saturday, 3 hours with a group Sunday evening into Monday morning and another 3 hours with a group in the early morning hours of Tuesday. I have well over 80 attempts on each pattern. You cannot tell me that the event is "working as intended" at that point. Yes, I understand RNG. Yes, I understand that someone can walk up there and get it on their first try while another person could try 100's of times and NEVER complete this event. I get that. At the same time you cannot tell me that having heavy RNG like that a) makes this event "fun" for anyone, b) makes this event in any way a mystery to solve or anything about knowledge or c) is even remotely a good way to keep customers when you keep pissing off your community.

I get it, we had RNG last year with the drops. This year you not only have RNG, but you add in a high price. Last year the RNG aspect was bad, but at the same time you were at least gaining something inadvertently in terms of experience and silver. They should have just installed a trash can next to Eileen in Velia, saved us the trip to Calpheon and allowed us to just toss gold bars into it for a chance to complete the quest.

Suawoy likes this.
  10. Suawoy

Yes! Trash can has my +++

Also I vote to delete Eileen (scamming) and Calpheon University Tower (cancerous place) from game!

Ndianagnomes likes this.
  11. CrestFirill

Im sorry but this completely contradicts the reply I was given from my support ticket, which stated there wasn't any issue detected.

12. Ripztar

also have some wierd problems with those flames, we actully got the 9th flame and did critical hit on it but nothing else happend, we did the damage (or else the Critical text shouldent appear) but then nothing, and now im on my 34th scroll :(

Ozryel likes this.
  13. Ashrala

While I finally got the key after hours of doing this event and only even did the rest of it because of a friend, I was also one of players that reported that bug as well and the reply I received was also the same copy and paste as in this thread.

So they already knew of this issue huh? All I did was report a bug, do you know how much of a slap-in-the-face it was when I received that reply? I am not a person that asks for anything that I know I'm not entailed to, thought I was doing a good deed by reporting "said bug" and yet I got a snark response even if it was automated. Have human beings write replies next time, or say that the ticket is still being reviewed.
    My reply to that GM?
    rant.jpg

14. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I wonder if we getting compensation for those who did have to go thru RNG hell and finally got it. If they make it less RNG and easier for these kids..

15. MikeyMutz

Honestly i want to scream at these devs. I've had bugs nonstop with this quest and when i make a ticket i get a reply like "sorry i cant help you with the quest we as devs cant help you" boi im asking for reimbursment and i know wtf to do already.

My opinion is everyone should be reimburst for the silver wasted on a bugged quest just like the previous week where ppl could glitch the key they gave everyone their items back they should man up and take responsibility for this trashcan of a quest i've spent 18 hours after i found the code out with great teams perfect timing everything including invis flames including involnerable flames including no textures on the tower cause the floating flames glitched everything up.

Honestly if nothing is done 100% im not doing these quests anymore and im sure a lot of ppl who got F8cked by this quest won't be partaking in future content.

16. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

You think you are talking to devs when you send a ticket? OMEGALUL

Its called generic half automated customer support reply.

17. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

Oh hey, that second set of screenshots you posted was the group I was doing it with last night!

There's definitely some weird stuff going on with this quest, I doubt they will ever compensate us with the gold bars we spent back (although, not going to lie I would forgive everything if they did). Best we'd get is a GM lucky box or some trash.

I would be agreeable to them fixing it and giving us more time to achieve the title without any compensation, but again that won't happen.

*Sigh*

18. MikeyMutz

sorry lemme rephrase it "i want to scream at these devs. also when i sent in a ticket i get the normal reply "we a GMs cannot help you with the quest" even though i wasn't asking for help i mistyped the dev part in the 2nd part of what i was saying

19. MikeyMutz

honestly they should compensate us with our gold we spent 100% personally i'd still be pissed at them, the time wasted is what im more upset about at this point which they cant compensate.

20. Mallor

Mallor Alisdair Witch NA

I'm glad they are aware, but this bug may have prevented some people from getting the title. I would consider you guys evaluate logs and determine a form of compensation for those players, that did not receive soul title within the given time limit, and experienced this bug. I don't expect you to do so, but please just consider it. For future events, where questline completion method is meant to be a secret, I would also consider adjusting your auto-responses stating "due to the high volume of tickets pending for this questline we are sending you an automated response that we have received your ticket and are pending it for further evaluation. If this is a bug request please also post in bugs so we can gather community data on others who have experienced the same issue, faster. If this is a suggestion we recommend you make a poll/thread in suggestions to further gauge community approval." something along those lines...The automated ticket you sent us seemed like it implied there was nothing wrong with the quest when clearly there was, and we did not receive an official response until now...the day the event is ending.

Not trying to backseat drive here, but I feel like you guys wouldn't have made as many people annoyed if you responded that way, in the above manner, to these tickets originally.
    Thank you again for confirming this is indeed a bug the development team is aware of.

#20 Mallor, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    MikeyMutz likes this.