1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FLAME THREAD WARNING} Who gets grind spot?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by levinano, Oct 25, 2018.

?

Who should get the grind spot?

1. First come first serve

68 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Might makes right

86 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. First come first serve, but with negotiations

35 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Other - please comment below your thoughts

36 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. levinano

They created a system where there isn't a clear "right" or "wrong." I have my personal opinions but I don't think whatever people claims they like to do is "invalid." I was just curious to find out what people actually thought so I created the poll, the results and following debates really peaked my interest :3

6footgeeks likes this.
  2. Columba

the beautiful thing is that people can play as they like. if they want to gank lowbies they suffer consequences. if they want to be jerks and purposely interrupt rotations they get sent to a node. System is fine as is.

3. Variare

Variare Warrior 62 NA

That contradicts "Fine. come up and "rekt" me, whatever that is supposed mean. I won't ever leave and I will constantly attack you. I have 400+ elion's tears for that reason." quite a bit. It varies from person to person but if you're just getting camped at node you're not particularly making progress either, and if it doesn't bother you it doesn't bother me. That's all I'm saying here, you don't really win even if the other person isn't "winning".

4. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

That's totally fine. You can do what you want to get the grind spot.

5. 6footgeeks

They created a system like so because there is no Right/Wrong in this situation.

As far as PA/kakao is concerned, both pker/pked are paying customers. the Pked screaming about unfairness that he cant kill someone with his obviously E-sport level skill is irrelevent for the devs. The 70 billion hours of invested grind by the Pker are also irrelevent for the devs.

whats relevent is just that these two paid atleast 5 quid, and are actively playing the game.

All are equal in the eyes of god. and they have tried to create as fair a system as they can where neither is advantaged. Alas, arguably, our god is about as good as zeus, cheating on his wife and all.

Really, the argument, however fuitile, should be around how the overall structure of PvE of the game should be changed in order to facilitate even the possibility of an implementation of a better open world PvP system where gear matters.

In my eyes, to do that a game would need to be faction based at-least. and then heavily boost group play. THEN we could talk about Pker and Pked

Columba likes this.
  6. Columba

My intent is not to get the grind spot . I don’t care if others grind there too. It’s to be left alone.

7. Columba

I am getting pvp practice, and i am also killing mobs . I also get nice whispers that sometimes lead to bans. There are many ways to win...

8. Variare

Variare Warrior 62 NA

It's a very specific scenario that requires the other person to say things that would get them banned for you to really benefit. By the way I'm talking full node camp, and even if you got mobs the other person killing you gets mobs too in between, the difference is they aren't dying repeatedly or having to repair broken gear and risking pve death when you're continuously being brought to the brink of death with mobs around. Those 400 tears? That's money lost. You can look at it as a win, but the point was if the other person feels they won too, no one really won. That's why I look at the people thinking if they just keep re-spawning and coming back they are winning as the fools I see them as. Just as much as you enjoy doing it, the other player might enjoy killing you repeatedly as well and see their own benefits.

9. Columba

great, have fun. I know I am.

10. Bunnyrivenluver

1) if i pop my 200% and the grind spot is clear and open Im grinding, if someone kills me I go back, thats not even a question

2) if someone is there already I wont disturb

These are the 2 rules I follow, go by them or not

Columba likes this.
  11. Columba

Amen!

12. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

13. Alagare

14. DarkRogue

Own the spot? Hmmmm... I think PA is missing an opportunity for cash here by not billing people rent on grind locations they claim they supposedly 'own'.

Getting ganked by a PKer while lifeskilling? Part of the game mechanics as intended.

Someone 'stealing' your mobs in 'your' grindspot? Part of the game mechanics as intended.

'Karmabombing' is a player invented term used by players unwilling to accept the latter.

Columba and Joungf like this.
  15. Grizabella

First come, first served, with caveats. If you are able to clear what you have claimed quickly and efficiently, you should get to keep it. If you are clearing what you have claimed so slowly that mobs are standing around waiting for you, than no.

This is how I play anyway. I am well aware that game mechanics allow other behaviors.

16. johnnified

Anyone gets the grind spot. Just keep killing enemies. Nobody owns a rotation or a spot. Keep on killing mobs an eventually people will quit griefing you on wanting to take it for themselves. It is an MMO. Millions of people playing. Just grind.

Columba likes this.
  17. Columba

If they are enjoying it, why the nasty whispers and why the whining about so called Karmabombing?

johnnified likes this.
  18. johnnified

Exactly, they feel the need to ALT+C you and complaining as if you forced them to press the buttons.
    "Why are you dying to me and making me lose karma! You are a disgusting human being!"
    It makes me laugh when they scream this. There are a few things you actually do before resulting to flagging.

Step 1: "Hey do you want to group up and we grind together?"
    Step 2: "Oh, you are here to grind as well? I'm kind of using the rotation, can you come back later when my grind hour is over?"
    Step 3: "Just here for daily quest, but mind if we party so I can get it done quicker and you can take the spot?"
    Step 4 [Final]: Just out grind them till they get mad you aren't leaving and THEY flag you or switch servers.

Wow, look at that! You never lost Karma. '
    After all I know this is a game where PVP is an option, just stop being a whiny cry baby every time YOU decide to use it.

Columba and Smileybones like this.
  19. Zhev

The other side for you.

Step 1: No answer. Just attacking your rotation on every possible occasion.
    Step 2: No answer. Just attacking your rotation on every possible occasion.
    Step 3: No answer. Just attacking your rotation on every possible occasion.
    Step 4 [Final]: Just try to grind them out till you find out they dont care and aren't leaving and never flag you or switch servers.

Wow, look at that! You waste all your time.
    After all i know this is a game where PvP isn't an option since alle mechanics support griefing, just stop being a decent person and start griefing too or switch servers in hope to find a person with less patience to grief them out their spot.

You are welcome.

20. Variare

Variare Warrior 62 NA

The entire situation is hypothetical since this wasn't between us but my answers didn't have anything to do with someone sending "nasty whispers". And btw the whole people throwing fits goes both ways. I get nasty whispers all the time for killing someone, it's not just people who spent their karma. And why do you get so upset if someone labeled you as a karma bomber? It's a made up word by the community, does it really rustle your jimmies? People send nasty things, but calling you a karma bomber should be the least of your worries from what I've heard people say. The whining is on both sides. But good way to dodge everything else I said, like not everyone is upset to camp you at a node for two hours. Happens a lot, I don't mind. My point wasn't to say you're the loser and I'm the winner, rather you are only looking at it as you're the winner and the one killing you is the loser. When there are also people who don't mind to kill you, it is the game mechanic after all they chose to use.