1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florang durability reduces too fast?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rahnxah, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rahnxah

I am not sure, but compared to many other characters, doesnt reduce too fast?

I guess it gives many more hits than a sword or blade weapon, but also hits less damage, so its not compensated.

I am no nerd nor I have done excel tables about this, is just a dull impression. But if even someone as dull as me notices this, it may be true.

2. Arkadia

I didn't noticed it, maybe i can check it later.

Maybe you have some outfits on your other chars? They usually have a passive that reduces the speed of your durability loss if I'm not wrong.

3. Rahnxah

That is bdo 101, dude... OF COURSE I HAVE ALL OF HER OUTFITS :O

I need a dress for every ocasion!

Da-dum set to sink ships, alchemist set for ****ing crons, and gatherer for dye pink then hide because red nose looks awesome

4. ChunksAhoy!

Reminds me of Ranger...good times.

Boojangles likes this.
  5. Kanimae

I didn't notice a faster decrease in durability while leveling her to 58.

6. Narcosis

Florang is a weapon that does considerably more ticks per second than any other weapon ingame. I didn't check it myself, but it's highly likely. Now when I think about it - when I was leveling my Shai, it did seem like her weapon wears out faster than others. Likewise, it's also the reason why equipping health drain crystals is so overpowered.

Stillwaters and Andaro like this.
  7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Used black abyssal florang to level up shai, its consumed like 40 dura from 0 to 58, no leaching, while had to repair armor 3 time, same was happening with black spirit quest offhand.

8. yukishiro1

The same was true of Ninja a while ago and after years they finally fixed it. Presumably they'll get around to fixing it for Shai at some point too.

9. cloj

The 10% weapon durability benefit from outfits is enabled with 8 parts of clothing. Currently with the Classic set, we only have 7 outfit slots occupied so we are not getting this set effect.

10. Stabby

Yes the durability is consumed too quickly. I noticed this on the first day. It feels identical to the old Ranger durability issue.

11. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Its because shai skill hits 37-40 times in a single skill.. about 3-4 times more than other classes. So yes.. durability Will go down 3-4 times faster.

Narcosis likes this.
  12. Stillwaters

Buy a tent problem solved

13. Tyddle

Yes, weapons really degrade much faster. Also Kutum sub degrades on Shai even worse. On other characters I rarely need tent for repair except for matchlocks. For Shai, I'm glad I have a tent already.

Buying a tent (or brand stone for that matter) does not solve the problem!

Balancing/Fixing durability reduction for Shai is the answer.

14. KeeperG

Honestly I haven't encountered this yet. My accessories always go before my florang and by a large margin (-20 on florang but -80 on earring)
    And I don't have a weapon costume either for the -10% durability reduction

Maybe because I don't use a/d + lmb? Could be just that one skill that is bugged

15. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

because it hits 40 times or something, lul

16. Tyddle

I use a/d + LMB a LOT! I think it is any of the skills that have lots of hits. As the OP stated its not compensated since each hit has less damage...

17. nolasigns

If you hold the shift button, and left mouse button down, moving the camera around while cycling through ASD- you can direct the swirls over and over at a higher rate of dps.