1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flow: Shooting Mobility - Unit Collision since change

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Waco, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Waco

The flow: Shooting Mobility was modified to become unprotected (which previously this was an iframe). The primary usage of this ability is to disengage - and it was an excellent tool in the giant kit. The modification to becoming unprotected is justified, however the basic mechanics have become nearly un-usable due to the change.

Giant leap and shooting mobility used to share one common function which made them usable in both pve/pvp - they both ignore unit collision. This is still the case for giant leap, but the flow currently has collision and when using inside of a group of mobs/players its much less of "shooting mobility" rather than sitting in place and getting stuck on other players. Previously it would go through the players or monsters similar to using giant leap, however since the iframe was removed the ability will get stuck.

This has caused most of the giant community that I talk to to either:
    1. lock the skill
    2. refund the sp
    The spell itself is still useful for mobility, even with the removal of protection. However the removal of protection coupled with the player collision has greatly limited the usage and effectiveness and I can only assume that this is a bug that is not intended. Abilities like "evasion" are able to avoid unit collision but remain open in pvp - I assumed that this flow would get similar treatment.

Can we get validation that it is working as intended - or is this a bug and something that was overseen?

Parc, Törni, Teekz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Teekz

I really loved this skill, and it's on a 15 second cool down making it a skill that you need to plan before you use. The skill has been a core element to my enjoyment of the class and mobility. It's really sad to see a skill get nerfed to the ground, when it never felt overpowered to begin with. Please Kakao, rely this information to PA, it's very frustrating having our kit destroyed a bit more with every patch. We want this skill to work like it used to.

#2 Teekz, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Waco likes this.
  3. Parc

I would even suggest to add the iframe back on it since it no longer knockdowns in PvP (that would solve the bug right then and there), but yeah, we do need it to ignore unit collision at the very least.

4. Törni

The thing is, the ability lost it's defensive and knockdown purpose, while its damage was never really noticeable (1x1637%). What's the point now keeping it behind a 15 sec cooldown?

I do believe the cooldown should be drastically reduced now and have at least no a collision on it, so we don't get stuck in clutches... Giants never really had much options to get out of big fights effectively, therefore most uses Giant Leap for that purpose, while other classes have much more ways (i-frames, dashes with no collision if used backward, etc).

PA removed a lot of our natural defenses (SA and FGs), cause they want us to play intuitively. Than maybe gives us means to be able to do so.