1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Fluffy's Farewell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GM FluffyPanda, Jul 28, 2020.

1. GM FluffyPanda

Game Master

It’s time. I'm not good at saying goodbye...

I’ve spent three years working for Black Desert Online. Well, two years and ten months exactly. Within those years, I’ve been able to evolve as a Game Master. While I enjoyed helping you guys so much, I ended up always wanting more things to do. I’ve harassed GM Rhotaaz to let me join the Discord server the minute when it opened, and I got him to accept that. I believe that my vision of work changed at that moment. Seeing everyone so happy about being able to talk with us, made me happy to interact every day. I woke up with another goal: to make even more people smile in my life. And I truly hope I achieved it.

You’ve all been a big part of my life, people I will never forget, some of you will be difficult to leave behind, some of you I will probably still take news from after I’m gone. You’re all important, you’re all lovely, and you made my life a better place than what it was when I started here.

Everything still feels unreal to me at the moment, but yes. I will be leaving Black Desert Online as a GM at the end of this week. I’ll still be playing the game, but as a player like you guys, probably still participating in events, but I won’t be here to run those as a GM. This is, of course, heartbreaking for me to leave you, but you’ll be in good hands, I promise. I’ll make sure of it >:].

I’ll keep my Discord account open and I’ll still try to use it as much as I can, but of course, it won’t be used for GM purposes at all, just to stay in touch with you guys... As I'll miss you all very much. Feel free to send all the screenshots we took together in replies! I'll keep them all.

Again, I’d like to thank all of you for being the best players, from the most active people on Discord and on the forums, to people who contributed so much during events. Y’all won’t have any furry GM to bully anymore, SORRY!

Take this, my top 3 memories here :

• My very first event, I believe it was for Christmas in 2018. Having everyone running to you for screenshots, it felt so good!
    • Valentine’s Day on EU, 5 months ago. I had 2 lovely people dueling for me to gain a date with me, and I ended up taking screens with both of them during the "date" part. Y’all won my heart :’( My NA date is still waiting though...
    • The Spotify era on the Discord server. When we did all the listening parties every day and you all criticized my music. Joke’s on you, I liked it!
    My best memory though, having the opportunity to help you all with the game! (Wow, Fluffy, that sounded very GM of you...)

I love you all. Stay safe and I wish for you all the good things in life.

Fluffy.

zynaps, Macadham, PeelThat and 7 others like this.
  2. William

instead of telling us about the awesome events you enjoyed, how about telling us how many hackers you banned during your time as a gm?

ManlyBeard likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

Nuuuuu, not Sir Fluffy tuuuu :(
    Y'all are really trying to make me cry this year.

Wherever you go in life, I hope the sun always shines on your side to brighten your day. I think I can safely speak for many of my fellow players in that you have been a great help to our community and we are going to miss you.

Stay safe friend, and God speed!

Mewts, Lozy and JustAWeeb like this.
  4. TruDeath

I would like to thank you for your time and patience putting up with all of us, it couldn't be easy with all the things people want/need and even those that just want "x when?", Jobs are hard, and trying to make EVERYONE happy with a " boss" that leaves it up to you to tell people " This is what the " Boss" wants to deliver, we have NO say!"... Anyway thank you for your time here, and good luck on your endeavors in the future <3

5. torneto

ByeBye fluffy hope everything goes well in ur life and good luck with everything u do , here are some screenshots , old screenshots where fluffy was still bossing lozy .
    2019-07-04_1146710763.JPG GMs2.png

6. Lozy

Lozy Guardian 62 EU

Noooooooooooooooooooo Fluffy don't leave!

You were one of the most active GM on the KG discord we really had fun(not only cause we booli'd you) and great time knowing you and chatting with you, you influenced a lot of people on the discord even in personal level and i appreciate it a lot.
    So it's really sad to see you go :(
    I wish you the best of luck in the future and take care!

Here is a cute screenshot we took together <3
    [​IMG]

7. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Goodbye Fluffy. We will all miss you so much. Having talks with you on discord (and watching you get boolied by Lozy) was always a lot of fun and i have a lot of fond memories.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you will be happy with what you end up doing.
    You deserve the best, and lots of cute little Red Pandas to cuddle.

Thank you for all your help and your time. We appreciate it <3

Lozy and JustAWeeb like this.
  8. JustAWeeb

JustAWeeb JustAWeeb Tamer 61 EU

My dear Fluffington,

We both know, words aren't my greatest strength. Please bare with me. Honestly I was scared this day might come. Over the past 1.5ish years that we've known each other you have been the fluffy red-panda that was always there to draw a smile on other peoples faces.
    It's funny how one dm regarding a ticket could turn into such an amazing friendship and I am really really thankful for that. There have been many moments we have shared via discord and ingame.

You marked the highlight of my birthday earlier this year which I would have spent alone if it wasnt for you.
    [​IMG]

You even took your time to still meet me after I have fought for your heart at the valentines day, despite losing against my opponent
    [​IMG]

You are probably the most considerate person I know, you always think about others first, before thinking about yourself. I am grateful for the time we have had so far and I hope, we will still talk in the future.

[​IMG]

Love you Fluffy,

Weeb

Mewts, Lozy and Minarya like this.
  9. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

oh noes not you too T^T gonna be missed

10. Keophiroun

What if you are stuck in The World and you can't leave?

11. Mewts

Mewts Lahn 61 EU

nuuuuuuuuu. Not you as well... I wish you the best and good luck on your adventures <3, you'll always hold a special place in my memory as the first GM alongside Hali to take screenshots with me and sparking my screenshot mania on top of that ruined tower of Cron Castle..(and you falling off to take an unscheduled dive in the ocean underneath)
    Don't forget to drop by every now and then in discord since i'll make sure to have some cute pictures of Red Panda's and other cute animals just for you ;3

Saying goodbye is really sad but unfortunately it's part of the journey :(
    Once again i wish you all the best and ofc i hope that on your adventures our paths cross once again c:

Take care

unknown-14.jpeg

JustAWeeb and Minarya like this.
  12. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Flufffyyyyyyy, why!
    Don't do this to us. :(
    We will all miss you very dearly.
    [​IMG]

JustAWeeb likes this.
  13. Laek

Nonnnnnn ! Mon modérateur le plus actif s'en vas :'(
    Vasi j’arrête le jeux...
    Non en vrai bon vent à toi et amuse toi bien.
    A la prochaine :)

14. zynaps

Sad to hear that :/
    Anyway, thank you for your contribution as GM of the game ;)
    Best GM with CM Jeste for me :p
    Thank you again, and good luck for you.