1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flying mounts when?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skyblade, May 24, 2020.

1. Skyblade

I'm pretty sure bdo can handle fine flying mounts.

Sandrituky likes this.
  2. Ben Phoenix

In the cash shop one day, who knows. But be ready: it's gonna be in a loot box and you might get a couple of crone stones instead. :/

#2 Ben Phoenix, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Jinoro and Joungf like this.
  3. Daigurern

Thats a big NO. Same reason why u never get "portals" to fast travel. Game is not intended to have this feature and the whole point of BDO is open world (pvp). Flying mounts would **** on the very core of the game. Gliding is all u can hope for

Phoenixxx75 and Jinoro like this.
  4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Real flying mounts? ... never!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Andaro

Ambassador

The developers did note that they have not ruled out aerial expansion, however are not planning to do so in the current preplanned pipelines. They did however express interest in players feedback regarding aerial content.

6. Ben Phoenix

What?? @Megta said never!! Who am I supposed to believe now? :/

7. Factorial

It starts with gliding then it's flying. Give it time. Every Korean mmorpg sells out for the sake of real money soon enough. Bdo has proven no exception so far. They will find a way to monetize it.

8. Devastator

I'm honestly hoping they never introduce a true flying mount.
    The world of Black Desert Online has a awesome sense of scale thanks to there being no mounts that can fly.
    All that will be lost if they introduce them. IMHO

Jinoro and o0ABC0o like this.
  9. Shariah

I love flying mounts. I can only imagine the grind and money sink involved, but I would definitely love it.

The immersion from flying is second to none for me.
    Some people lose a “sense of scale”. I simply gain immersion.

Right now this “sense of scale” just means half my play time is spent AFK running on a horse. I don’t have the attention span to manual ride my horse for that long. I forget I minimized the game while riding and end up playing another MMORPG to pass the time as it autoruns.

I haven’t had a reason to care about dream horses because travel takes so long anyway.

Flying would give me a goal to work towards.

10. woots

would be nice to at least have good gliding mount that doesnt requier your to p2w hard or have 12+billion to spend.

11. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Aerial content is not the same a flying mount which allows you to fly anywhere.
    A flying mount would make all other mounts useless.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  12. Sandrituky

Sandrituky WhiteWolf Sorceress 62 EU

I say yes to every new and different thing that fits in Black Desert, and... in my opinion, flying mounts could fit it.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  13. Joungf

Yes, but those Ferrari and Lamborgh ... ummm I mean those ultra fast, physics denying horses ....
    And there are those balloons and Zeppelins, right.

So, who needs flying mounts..... ridiculous idea ... right?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  14. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

If any of you played other MMOs where initially there was no flying and then it was implemented, the reactions at first were "awww", and then after a while - "damn, it ruined all the immersion, remove it."

IMO a separate new continent with flying mounts will be fine, but not the current zones.

Jinoro likes this.
  15. Ben Phoenix

Aerial content means that you need something capable of flying in order to be in that content, OP never said anything about flying mounts everywhere, he might be happy with flying mounts in an aerial environment only, who knows? Anyway, the latest upgrade we got for mounts made all the previous versions quite useless, it's the tough law of the upgrade. I guess we could get a flying mount one day, with cash shop involved, of course. I don't think PA sees it as a forbidden thing as much as some of you guys do, it would bring money, like a lot. Money rules.

#15 Ben Phoenix, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  16. Megta

Megta Archer EU

You mean T9 are better then T8, but they are not useless. I wasn't talking about horses alone, I said all mounts will become useless.
    With flying mounts you don't need anything else to get anywhere. You don't need a ship to get to an island, and you don't need a camel/dine to cross the desert.

17. Ben Phoenix

The mount could have limits. In Aion you can glide only, except for a couple of areas where you can actually fly (with limited time), I can see something like that with a "flying" mount, nothing awful really. With a good concept, it could actually turn out fine. You guys are way too much "never", use some imagination.

Edit: and no, I really meant useless compared to T9, speaking of horses. Maybe not a T8 but all the horses below are definitely not very useful. You need to upgrade all the time if you want to be able to fully enjoy the game.

#17 Ben Phoenix, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  18. Joungf

What puzzles me in BDO are:
    The game provides a colorful variation of animals, also used by some races / tribes as mount (also flying ones). There are statues of e.g. lions with wings but you see only griffins.
    Wasn't there also an "upgrate" of those ferries which got an engine and are faster and do not need wind for moving?
    There are many other things in game that were there fom day one but nobody never asked himself why it is there but noboy can use it in game.
    Conclusion: The devs can ... if they want ....

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. Megta

Megta Archer EU

So a Arduanatt with the ability to realy fly in aerial content areas. I'm OK with this, but OP asked for flying mounts in general.

Lower horses become useless when they implement better one, thats normal like lower armor becomes useless when there is better one.
    But flying mounts make all mounts (not only horses) useless. It's like implementing an armor which makes all armor parts and accessories useless.

20. Ben Phoenix

Not if they can't fly everywhere. About OP, again, he might be happy with having flying mounts in aerial content areas only. He didn't really elaborate his post so much.