1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For a valk Black star weapon

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Amieelee, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

so is it something you think about after having everything else max out or get it now. I was thinking that if you have all pen gear then i would think about it leveling it up what everyone else think

2. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

Well I had a TET Offin and TET Kzarka so I sold the Offin and swapped it out for a TRI Blackstar - seems to have made a little boost and will consider TET at some point.

I would strongly say that you should get a bunch of the mats for the stones first so you can have a decent run at getting TRI without the frustration of waiting.

Overall, worth it in my opinion and it does look cool AF :D

3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Not worth it, unless you can push it to pen. If you can only got to tet with it a pen kzarka with just a few caphra levels will outdo it. Pen Kzarka is something actual achieveable, even if you just safe 1 or 2 months to buy it from the ah. Pen blackstar however, you will likely never have.
    Only when you get it to pen you would need a level 20 pen kzarka to pretty much get even again, which again would be insanely expensive.

4. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Too much trouble for my own taste. I really hope BDO isn't going the usual way of other games "chasing the top gear, selling your soul and everything else in the process, only to trash it in an epic bang in 6 months / 1 year". I am certainly not going to follow this path like a lemming, if this game does so, hopefully not, then again over 3 years of BDO history is full of broken promises.

Personally I am quite OK with a PEN Kzarka, which I was lucky to acquire about a year ago for a 12 bil pre-order, and very slowly been adding Caphras stones to it since. I understand that the new weapon is probably even better at PEN, but MEH, whatever. I have recently complemented it with a PEN Kutum shield, and I feel quite fine really, now slowly chasing those TET accessories one by one, and eventually perhaps adding a couple more PEN armour pieces too. Nothing of extreme importance, when they come, they come.

Besides... no amount of gear will ever compensate for the (current) sorry state of the actual game, "class balance", and the troubles our beloved Valkyries still have to deal with for over a year now (yes most of us know, even if some others still want to claim "how OP and broken Valkyries are" - well, we need some cool jokes once in a while don't we).

But hey, I do also understand there are "completionists" out there who would like to do the chase for the "absolutely best", so why not, I guess.

5. Gwatnu

What about if you only have tet Kzarka?, is tri BS better or does it have to be tet as well?

6. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

I sold my tet offin and made a tri Blackstar myself it wasn't hard. Hitting pri and duo is the same enhancement chance as any other boss weapon. Going for tri you will need like a 60fs, (I hit mine at 63). The extra 21 bonus monster damage alone makes it worth it as you are basically grinding at 1 bracket higher.

7. chendu

Friendly reminder that you can get a stone every 3 day by doing star end dailies

8. Gwatnu

i had already made the tri BS, it was actually quite easy.

People says trie BS is better than tet kzarka but i just couldn't figure out if it was better or not for myself, in all of my grind tests it came out the same as tet kzarka or sometimes a little bit worse.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

tet blackstar (even tri) is REALLY good for farming tho.