1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response for heavens sake please fix moonlight strike and LBP already

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by irrelevant, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

You seem to be adamant and stubborn about this despite video evidence shwocasing that this problem goes beyond simply being caused by desyncs.

a) How do you know that
    b) If you already acknowledge this to be a problem, then why are you crusading against the efforts of this thread which try to fix said problem? You stopped making sense at that point.

Eri 4 likes this.
  2. d00mR

tired of ppl who don't read .... i acknowledged to be a server problem, this doesn't change the fact that the skill is working as the description says

3. Ibirujo

Ibirujo Ibirujo Tamer 62 EU

Better make a new thread because this one is already flagged as "Staff Response" so it'll be ignored from now on

Eri 4 likes this.
  4. Karma555

Karma555 Tamer 63 NA

Late to the party, but as a Tamer main - I can also confirm that using Moonlight typically ends up with me on the floor.

Assilma and Eri 4 like this.
  5. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 62 NA

And you should stop talking about other class's because that is completely unrelated to this thread's topic which is tamer's broken skills alone and has nothing to do with ranger, kuno skills etc. If you feel so passionate about it you should make your own thread about it.

And I already told you this skill is not working as intended because it doesn't happen only in OP's situation alone but many others also if you would know a bit more about tamer.

@GM BBrilliant you have acknowledged that what happened in the video IS a problem and WE have shown you that MANY others experience it. What will you do now?

Loushu and Eri 4 like this.
  6. d00mR

may be so, but you see every time a player make a topic with his class problem our dear Lemon goes there and start the "this class is OP it doesn't need a buff you need to nerf it etc...." so it is only natural that we go to Lemon's topic opposing him with his Tamer problems

7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Lmao. So at least you're admitting that your only purpose here is to troll after you overtly demonstrated your total lack of understanding in regards to game mechanics already.

Eri 4 likes this.
  8. d00mR

interesting what is the game mechanic that i don't understand i'm kinda curios because 90% of the players think they know how the game works and you appear to be one of them oh and they are the ones that lack game mechanic understanding

9. CZz

CZz Tamer 61 EU

bump.

Reuter and Eri 4 like this.
  10. Massacrul

11. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Also a late comment, but here to additionally confirm that yes, the unreliability of moonight strike and legendary beast power is a real and highly frustrating issue that negatively impacts the gameplay of just about every tamer that does PVP. These skills simply need more reliable super armour.

Eri 4 likes this.
  12. Karma555

Karma555 Tamer 63 NA

bump.

Eri 4 likes this.
  13. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

@GM BBrilliant anything?

there's a reason why every single class in bdo has a SA engage (except tamer) and why tamer is the only class with problem like this (cus it doesn't have a sa engage)

tamer is already - the slowest class in bdo, you can't flank as good as musa/maehwa/ninja/kuno and even if you get close to your enemy w/o being seen (when you're so slow they have such a long warning) you can't get out if they chase you past the initial pole jump
    - the lowest range class in the entire game - it's the only class with no pseudo or ranged abilities
    - the squishiest class in the game - it's the only class that has no defense modifiers OR safe ranged attacks so you're always exposed
    - has some of the slowest skill casts in the game - (allround spinner, fully channeled LBD, even the 56 rabam has long cast time if you want the last 3 hits considering how squishy you are)
    - has the worst grab out of all grabs - it has no superarmor or iframe and it's worse than ranger grab

it's a class of extremes and it's bad at almost everything, it's incredibly weak during sieges you have no contribution in zerg vs zerg and you're a bad flanker and then when your skills are as broken/bad as moonlight it can get depressing and sad like this

i really don't see a future in pvp for tamer without these issues being addressed and all the tamer pvpers are either rerolling at some point either spending 90% of their time being tilted and recovering from mental trauma,

on top of that we got the "animation polish" patch last week which did
    - ruined side scratch which had fast cast and could be used to safely reposition by making it always go forward which is super bad and makes no sense?

- made trample much easier to activate which results in more accidental random cancels/wep swaps from awakening

- and THE WORST PART IS that you can't do upward claw > bolt jolt any more and that was the MAIN air combo on shortsword since the game released, i simply don't understand why would they go out of their way to ruin upward claw > bolt jolt that makes no sense whatsoever? Upward claw is a float and bolt jolt are air attacks thats the whole point of comboing? Now upward claw ends on an animation thats canceled by auto-attack so you do upward > auto attack > canceled with bolt jolt which means you lost the jolt air hits while in the past you could do upward > bolt jolt without any issues and that was the highest pre-awakened damage now it's just a joke

i dont see how these animations polished the class they literally ruined everything except the double jump which is only usable in shortsword combat stance so basically not usable at all

Eri 4 and Reuter like this.
  14. Lomacs

Lomacs Lomacs Tamer 61 EU

We need a fix to these problems Kakao.
    I have this problem too.

Eri 4 likes this.
  15. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Waiting for a reply from devs feels like waiting for the animation of your TET ogre enhancement to finish. Will it go TET or RIP 3bn? ;(

Eri 4 likes this.
  16. GM Peperoncino

Game Master

Hello guys.

First, I would like to thank you all for the detailed information and videos.

I understand your frustration regarding these two skills, and I would like to let you know that I created an internal report to our specialized QA team to investigate this case.

Moraea, thejr, Assilma and 3 others like this.
  17. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

Thanks for the response , hope something happens with it .

1: properly designed skill with full SA - https://media.giphy.com/media/3taniRVyQaZna61z1z/giphy.gif

i tank his whole ability without getting cced and dash out

2: i use legendary beast power and instead the distance gets shortened and since the skill isnt full SA i get cced while casting the skill during the dash and because of all sorts of factors (being hit or fps drops) the duration of the skill becomes randomized and then because of ping/delay the SA period also becomes randomized so the skill becomes unreliable yet it's essential because you sort of have to use it every 2-3 sec in a real fight as tamer and there's a chance it breaks and you die for it
    - https://gph.is/2Kgal7q
    - https://gph.is/2KjNveS

~maehwa spamming chase (no cooldown superarmor and iframe dash that can be chained with itself)
    https://gph.is/2I0UJUx - it works for him and he can just spam chase inside without getting cced cus maehwa skill is 100% sa and it doesn't face the same issue

Super easy fix for legendary beast power would be to make it full superarmor (for the' entire' animation, which is incredibly short and you still take huge amount of damage during it.) It already has a cooldown unlike maehwa/musa chase and is much slower so it should at least work

As for Moonlight Strike - this skill is just outdated, perhaps in the early vision of bdo it could work somehow but in reality even if the sa/fg worked (which they apparently don't) having a single engage which is frontal guard only for a class as high risk as tamer is just wrong and all other existing classes in bdo have a superarmor engage alternative.

If the 57 lvl tamer rabam actually worked it could somewhat replace moonlight but as it is right now the skill has no superarmor on cast (so you can and will get cced in a real fight, even if they don't aim at you as long as they're casting something at the time) and the knockdown effect barely ever works because you need 2 hits and it's a moving motion so getting 2 hits is incredibly far fetched and overall the skill is super slow and also has no superarmor at the end so it's pretty much un-usable and pointless to even have it learned and that's why it won't replace moonlight, this skill has even more issues on its own

i've played bdo so much i simply don't see a future for tamer unless moonlight gets full sa or iframe (basically the same treatment that literally every single other dash engage skill in bdo has) because it doesnt matter how good or geared you can get if there's a random chance that you just die due to a technical flaw

Eri 4, Reuter and Roksuu like this.
  18. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

Thank you very much for the reply and i apreciate you guys are willing to do what it takes to make the game better but even tho i am thankfull for this i cannot help myself but to wonder if this will be just another one of those times where we get our hopes up for nothing.

Your QA team doesnt have to investigate anything. All you guys have to do is forward the info to the PA devs. They know these issues and they have ignored it for a while now. In the letter towards community it is stated that in the following 30 days they will pay extra attention to class balances. If after these 30 days these tamer issues arent fixed in some way and if we do not get the recognition we deserve it gives me no alternative but to quit even tho i love the class and this game i refuse to be mocked with every patch that is supposed to bring balance.

I for one had enough of empty promises and hopes for the better. Now is the perfect time to fix these issues otherwise it might turn out to be too late for some people including myself.

#99 920, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Eri 4, CZz and Reuter like this.
  19. Karma555

Karma555 Tamer 63 NA

@GM Peperoncino - It's been almost a week since we last heard from you. Do you have any updates on the progress or maybe a guess on when we can expect an answer?