1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the valks still around

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Netreiam

Please push feedback into global lab about the current state of valk. Since they are doing more than just changing costume bugs if there was a time to try getting attention it would be now.

Dalenos, Muhaha and Galatia like this.
  2. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

Maybe we should try and agree what the priority order is and submit feedback in that order to try and get some focused attention? I'm not the person to suggest the order just thought that approach could help?

#2 Galatia, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    FayeAldridge likes this.
  3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Netreiam likes this.
  4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

this

We should write down a list of things that would be important for her
    for example: fixing her bad mostly unprotected movement / engage / disengage.

Maybe if everyone could make his own list of changes we think are needed for her. after a couple days we put everything together. put down a vote. pick 5 or maybe more things we can all agree on need to be fixed to make her more viable again

Netreiam and Galatia like this.
  5. Netreiam

Sounds like a great idea!

6. Mjollnir

On Valk's discord, Himawarin & co. did this ages ago, around may 2019 if my memory serves me right, so just awk taken into account.
    Can be a good starting point thou.

7. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Didnt valk+war get a couple buffs around that time? Or was it before that? If you got a link to what they asked for id like to give it a read

If we get some people(a couple 100) to send in the same feedback. And they dont do **** we at least know they dont give a **** about feedback. Which they always claim to do.

Also the changes we ask for shouldnt be massive changes for example reworking 1 skill completly even if i agree she needs some reworks.
    Rather simple changes, for example adding 1 more hit on skill x, add fg/sa on skill y, reduce cd on skill z

Small changes like this would already help out massively.
    I always say adding back sa on spear and promptness would decrease the chance of getting ccd by more than 70%. For me at least.
    And both skills dont do particularly much dmg. They are just used to prebuff.

Start small, even with small things you can do big things

Galatia and Netreiam like this.
  8. Netreiam

So, I'll start here, maybe we could move it to a google doc or something later:

In order of priority of what I think valk needs, first general then a few specific points:

1. Better protected movement
    - Change Shield chase to I frame (guardian and warrior can I frame constantly so I think it's fair that we should too) and make distance traveled and CD more unified.
    -give us 1 good protected disengage

2. More protections
    - Give C. spear SA (remove bound)
    - Give Promptness SA (remove stiffness)
    - add 1 or 2 more protected attacks

3. Rework/replace outdated and worthless skills
    - Get rid of the resetting cooldown mechanic entirely from all skills that have it.
    - Buff celestial cry and divine descent (support rabams) to actually be worth taking
    - Modernize almost every skill in preawakening (animation speed/range/mechanics/damage/buffs or debuffs)

Galatia likes this.
  9. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

I guess from this perhaps we should work out some suggestions like this that would fit succession and awakening?

For Sword skills -> at least FG on Righteous Charge (perhaps add it onto the Absolute version is fine)

I'm playing succ at the moment (well only seems fair I do suck...) and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about PVP balance to suggest many tweaks for skills but the keybinds for the old awk skills we can use in succ could be much better (space for purifiblahblah for example would be great) and ANYTHING different for Glaring Slash.

10. Mjollnir

I would start even more from the basics: review shield block scaling.

As of now the scaling is still tailored on non bracketed AP values, it doesn't really consider the extra damage given by some succ skills nor brand new FOTM OP classes damage output, if you go hybrid (or even full DP) the difference between a glass cannon build isn't really noticeable.

Galatia likes this.
  11. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Guardian block seems to be alot more how it should be.
    Really feels like lt gets stronger the more people are against you
    Make it like that at least
    At least i usually die before my block And that while tanking 10 people waiting for s+f to come up

#11 Legacina, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Mjollnir likes this.
  12. Fine

Prepare copypasta boys we're raiding global lab. Valk when?!
    [​IMG]

Dalenos likes this.
  13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

I do not think FG on RC is any help. I would rather want a SA. Especially on awakening where mainhand skills have way weaker block. One time using this and no matter what hits you your block is gone. Leaving you defenseless even as you change back to your awakening block.
    In Succession I have the same issue just turned around. When you are cc'ed and barely survive a combo. Since you were on the ground your block is at 100% anyway, so no need to take damage on your HP to recover block and then pot up while using block.
    So you were cc'ed, almost have no health, but you also need to get the **** out of there asap. Only option is shieldchasing backwards most of the time, but guess what happens. It uses the SA shieldchase first forcing you to die getting hit on your HP despite having a full block.

Galatia likes this.
  14. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

OK then, earlier posts covered almost everything already, but I will just add my humble suggestions / requests too I guess.

First and last and always and forever asking, since that fateful day: SA on Celestial Spear, thank you very much. In fact, on EVERY "version" of it, would be cool. Simple, absolute, prime, Rabams. Prime and Rabams might be top of the top priority, yet the others too, since people not using succession or at earlier levels should benefit as well.

Second, that "celebrated" block of ours... especially the "simple" one originating from the longsword, a.k.a. using "old" main weapon skills (meh?) or succession now. Am I a complete fool or nothing has actually changed for the better, regarding the actual strength and utility of it? Yes, even in succession, it still feels poopy itself, despite whatever buff came from elsewhere (like the passive extra DP, assuming this means anything). Why do I still feel Valkyrie has a junk defense / protection, at least concerning her BLOCKing capacity, while this was supposed to be THE ONE prime feature of her? Why does it feel several other classes do at least as well with the same function, even without a flipping shield (!), or... they even do it better? (hello???)

That's about it, short and simple (oh well, yeah, several other things you could go on about and very well documented and analysed already by very experienced Valkyries in this Forum).

15. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Saying that since cc changes aswell.
    And then i hear retards saying its TO OP.
    whats so op about it when other classes have protection on skills 3x the distance and kd,
    While CS isnt even a reliable cc
    I wouldnt even mind if they removed the cc as long as sa is back,
    If i wanna range cc celestial smite is better anyway

16. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Furthermore, word is out now officially that several skills will have their 100% accuracy sliced to half. Celestial Spear among them of course.

So then, there is even less justification, if there was ever any, for the skill to be so terribly crippled. Like, seriously, soon, it won't be even that good to "pre-buff" follow-up skills / combos, it was never an outstanding damage skill (even the most advanced versions of it), neither was it a great CC skill. All that was just the icing on the cake, the cake being the use as a utility protected skill with that little protection carrying onto the next skill etc.

I am sure we don't need to list yet again how many similar or, actually, better skills doing the job the majority of other classes have, several of them in abundance too. However, as mentioned above and many times in the past, it is a convenient myth for certain chaps to perpetuate how exactly Valkyrie is soooo broken OP, no matter what. Sadly, it also seems this vile propaganda has been working well for far too long now. And we could add to that the real number of Valkyries out there really playing the game, and here we are.

Well, at least the few sworn and stubborn Valkyries that have been here for a long time and still stand proud always give me a sense of (desperate) hope. If anything, a source of true satisfaction - keep it up!

Netreiam, Galatia and Legacina like this.
  17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

well spear will always be needed since the 80+20% Crit buff is literally the bread and butter for valk. try fighting anything with more than 316 DP without it. i find it hard killing alot of people without with 290+ AP

18. Netreiam

I feel like at least 1 ranged CC should be in the base kit though. I think a cool and useful idea would be changing Preawakening JoL to be a targeted ranged skill. The wind up time for full/half damage should be cut in half and it should have a flow that allows the half damage version to be triggered instantly after by pressing RMB during the Celestial spear animation.

This is with celestial spear being changed to a non CC SA btw.

Does that sound fair?

#18 Netreiam, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  19. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

yea
    i mean in my head id like to have a lot of skills reworked. to look and act differently.. but oh well

20. Blitzball

Valk is just amazing right now , for succession at least.

She's very strong at both PVE & PVP. I grind Aakman as fast as Archers. I'm not easy to beat when i'm on Arsha channel, i can hold my spot ( except againt full c20 whales , ofc ) most of the times.
    Shield throw is OP, in my opinion. SoJ cancel is so satisfaying to use :D

She's easy to play overall, but not braindead like Lahn. I like this class. It's much better than Mystic.