1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the valks still around

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Diarrheal

1. Make block stronger. We are stripped of our movements but at least give us a "strong" shell to turtle in. My block dont last 3 shotguns from a similar gear ranger. Furthermore, consider removing guardbreak animation where the character has a knockback animation after the guard breaks. In the current meta, when everyone has 290 ap, having a guard feels like holding a time bombs, ready to give a free cc to the enemies.

2. Remove divine descent. This skill is absolutely uselss. Provide an actually practical supportive buff with decent buff duration to CD ration as the alternative to the pvp oriented divine slam. Currently, a 10 dp buff for 10 secs with a 2 mins CD is not worth it. That number either has to be WAY higher or that CD and duration needs to be more similar My prefference is that we can have another accuracy group buff that we can keep it running or a 100% acc buff for 10-15 secs with 2 min CD. We can be the solution to current Eva meta?

3. Remove skill CD reset when using a skill during CD. This mechanism is outdated...

4. Awk RMB and Casti are lackluster. The damage/cc from these skills do not justify the long and unprotected animations. RMB can be changed into a worthwhile spammable for low end pve as all classes have on. Casti can even be reworked into a buff or something to reinforce Valk's role as a supportive tank?

5. Consider making just counter longer range or wider cc area. This is our only protected CC, but it is just sad when compared to other classes.

6. Rework movement skills like righteous charge and shining dash. Rightrous charge is slow(look at warrior), unprotected, and short. Shining dash - long CD, only FG, long start up animation, long finishing animation… shield chase can be iframe or SA and still be fair because we have to be mindful of our CDs.

7. This is wild but maybe make it so that FG skills do not share the same guard pool as Q block to allow FG rotation similar to SA rotation.
    8. I like the succ F jump XD can we have that? F jump cancel into grab would be my wetdream come true... XDXDXD But on a serious note, I find it sad that succession version of an awakening skill is stronger than the actual awakening skill. I find this design inappropriate across all classes, not just valk. This should be the awakening-succ balance the devs are making.

I do not agree with CS being super armor and remove bound effect.

I want to say, other class's prebuff allow them to kill faster. Our prebuff allows us to kill instantly. I would LOVE to see valk being great again, but I am willing to be unprotected in our prebuff because of the rewards of deleting people with 1 skill. I believe a stronger overall change to valk is keep CS bound the way it is but add FG to terra sancta and remove the bound on it. Think about this, even if u successfully prebuffed, your main skill terra is still unprotected. You cudve finish ur buff and never have a change to do the actual damage.

#41 Diarrheal, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Muhaha likes this.
  2. Diarrheal

You have a point with cc capabilities but remember valk has insane killing potentials - whoever CCed will be 1 shotted. I do agree promptness should be at least a FG even at the cost of removing stiffness/stun (i dont remember)

3. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

the Promptness Stiffen is useless. noone uses that skill for that.

yea you can kill everything that simply has no dp. but by now there are enough that can easily survive my combo with 25% 189/293 AP
    i barely even use normal terra anymore cause it deals **** dmg for how slow and unprotected it is.

If you consider any combo from other top dmg classes. vs valk, valk is somewhere in the middle on the list max. counting normal combos without any bsr skills

Unless you use 25%, which they dont have to to deal the same amount of dmg.

Her spot of ''highest'' burst in the game has long faded away with succession being so broken on some classes.

4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

i go rbf on valk. all you can do is sneak behind and hope not to get cc'd by all the ranged **** flying at you. and then the only way to kill something quick. is bsr terra
    Or be a support ***** ofc

i go rbf on Guardian. stay alive for half an hour. kill 5 people in the process. and then just fly out. all that while not getting cc'd a single time

Diarrheal likes this.
  5. Diarrheal

Could it be accuracy issue? *Politely discussing*

6. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

its always an issue since evasion is just an op stat. and some classes simply get to much of it.
    if a guy is tanky enough to survive a full combo easily. getting 2 jin vipers wouldnt suddenly make me deal double the dmg.
    if he survives with 10% then yea mightve been the accuracy. but usually its the first one

Diarrheal likes this.
  7. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

https://discord.gg/XH4Sq74
    thought having a discord dedicated to gather information and discuss things might be a bit better.
    if anyone is just gonna join it to say ''valk is fine'' you know whats coming.
    gonna work on the structure of the discord another time.

i simply want a fresh discord. just so i dont get some ''BUT THE CLASS IS FINE'' idiot in there that i cannot get rid off.
    still tilts me when i think about those people that said that back when the changes happened.
    and the only reason why they thought it wasnt all to bad. cause they either got carried by their guild.
    or wear overgeared monkeys themselfs

#47 Legacina, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  8. Mjollnir

I'm actually testing it, it's just another call like "hey kill me while I can't do crap", I will take it for what it is, just another insult.

EDIT: After a single RBF, my mind is set, just a bit more damage, but well, not that it was need. The lack of protection of the whole ulti, already make it a maverik. Someone may call it QoL, I call it "insult".

Legacina likes this.
  9. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

didnt expect anything from it. i do think they know what they are doing. but they dont want to

10. Mjollnir

amen. I think for the very first time since early start, I feel like it's really time to look for some better entertainment.

11. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Mine is guardian.
    Its just fun. Abit boring cause of how simple it is. But still fun. And thats the first time i actually played a 2nd class frequently.

Only did 1 1/2 sieges with the 5k hp buff on valk so far. But those were the only times i felt like she stood out again. Cause of how massive the heal amounts are.
    And our ult matters more
    And oh wonder, our block can tank more than 3 ranged skills

12. Mjollnir

I'm interested in this part, cuz at 440 DP (yeah 440) in RBF any freaking archer can destroy mine with what it looks like autoatk (I don't know archers at all, I refuse to even look at such things).

13. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

They were def QoL changes, played around on my trial valk for awakening. I really liked the cel spear>enslar>verdict flow. But tbh, didn't really solve much, maybe some dmg against iframe classes that can't grab. I also liked how the flow proc'd the skill add ons though.

14. Netreiam

Oh crap, can you proc the downsmash from the bound? That would be legit AF

-Edit-
    Tested it and its a no go, people stand up just before revelation flow activates. Also, knowing what the translations are these barely even qualify as QoL.

You could already cancel out of enslar end animation by pressing Q + </> LMB
    You could already use hasti quickly out of DLC by holding W and using it slightly after the end of the DLC animation.
    15% crit and 5 extra seconds of movespeed of elion's breath is unnoticable.

I mean, we already knew this but yeah.

#54 Netreiam, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  15. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Hey Valks,

Just wanting to say I really hope your class gets the love it deserves. It makes me extremely happy seeing that many of you stuck with your class, even through these rough patches, like I have with my class (Sorc since day 1, never fully rerolled, even through Sorc's rough patches, because of love). Sorc's in a good spot right now, and what it took for me was patience. Rabam's helped Sorc's issues a lot. I'm sure there will be something in the near future for you too!

Fingers crossed.

Love,
    Some random nobody Sorc main who wants to fight more Valks :)

Diarrheal, ViktoryiaV and Netreiam like this.
  16. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

My wishlist of ideas. They're from the perspective of an awakened valk player, but there are some ideas for skills which don't overlap with succession.

1.Give (pvp only) stiffness effect to heaven's echo (off CD), add one 100x1 damage modifiers for pve. Apply all dp+25 effect to allies as well. Although heaven's echo can be cast from awakening block, it is not protected during this window - you can be cc-ed. And with a CD of 25 seconds, it's hardly "spammable". A valk positioned among allies in their ball can support with a dp buff prior engage, alternatively the stiffness provides a soft cc to reveal (and, counter) attempted stealth engages, and it already has a reasonable AoE. I borrow this concept of an "aoe stiff/stun from a yell type skill" from mae/musa. I haven't grinded in >a year (at least, anywhere that isn't tap and go), so all I recall is using heaven's echo in combination with hitting mobs to slowly pull them, rather than relying on the skill alone as an aggro draw. It's been suggested that adding a damage modifier to the skill itself would count as hitting mobs to meet aggro conditions.

2.Add forward guard to 3rd hit glaring slash, add dp-x effect, add downsmash effect, increase pvp damage modifiers. Although 3rd hit glaring slash actually has pvp stiffness effect as well, the cancels into 3rd hit are effectively unprotected, so I see this as mostly useful for either comboing or providing debuff support if well positioned to first engage.

3.Nobody really uses vow of trust.....right? (I do, for taking screenshots) I imagine giving this skill a 30 second CD, and as the valk prays, she receives the usual sp regen, and new effects of 10% attack, cast, movespeed buff for self and allies for 15 seconds, and a continual hp regen (maybe regen 250 hp per tick of the skill) for allies who stand around her, within a similar AoE as heaven's echo. Allow this skill to be used even if the valk already has a fully charged sp bar - it still consumes stamina. This skill is absolute bait since it's unprotected and stationary, so I imagine there would be limited opportunities to use it, situational timing and positioning would be everything. Unless you actually want to use it as bait :^)

4.Speed up skyward strike animation from dash - no more pause before jump. Even (float) counter, which can cancel into skyward, does not remove the pause. Am I missing something? Add air smash to skyward strike.

5.I locked sideways cut to confirm this, it is this skill which enables you the faster version of the preawake iframe rolling (holding down q, lmb, rmb). I propose reducing the stamina from 100>50 at all levels, or 50 at max rank.

6.I mentioned a change for awakening JoL in a previous comment, this was to copy the counter>lmb cancel to activate JoL, to remove the quickslot delay and windup phase, making this a better reactive FG and cc. Add "all ap-x" debuff effect, this skill has a decent aoe and is "justice handed down from a heavenly judgement", you could imagine enemies being wounded from being hailed on by swords, and a valk can indirectly support allies with a "tankiness" effect by "weakening enemy resolve to attack".

7.Righteous charge and shining dash share a similar concept of a multi stab end skill animation, however righteous charge while being faster, is also entirely unprotected, IMO this is fine. Most people also leave it a rank 3 to avoid triggering a knockback or if they're a fan of quick dash and grab. Add option to "cancel into shining dash knockdown hit" with lmb input upon "good hits" on a target. If you don't hit anyone with righteous charge, holding lmb will go into charging slash, which actually flows really well into promptness>hasti>DLC. And if you hold down rmb, you can cancel into skyward instead (see point 4). Reduce stamina cost of righteous charge from 350>250.

8.Add super armour to divine power, increase pvp damage modifiers, add -20% castspeed debuff in addition to the attack speed debuff. Increase AoE by 10%. It would be nice to have a super armour cc (it has bound already), but alternatively if going by the "can't have cake and eat it too", rule (and yeah, I know of the exceptions to this with very similar looking skills), it could be still be a decent utility skill and speed debuffs should already make dealing with opponents easier.

~

9.Sacrum ferit CD does not appear to activate when using the counterattack skill from block, however both skills can be used from block, inflict stiffness, and sacrum ferit is itself a counter attack. Adding FG to the first two hits (stiffness>no cc) could still be easily countered at melee range, but would allow a player to effectively trade damage and block certain skill hits of their opponent/s, while then deciding if there's an opportunity to strike an unprotected window with the unprotected float hit. It would also assist combo setup if getting ranged on, while still leaving a window to be countered between skill transitions.

10.In a previous comment, I suggested the enslar skill should transition faster to the iframe window, which could be achieved either through speeding up the animation, or adding a key input command aside from after celestial spear, when using it from preawake (instead of from quickslot). Someone from this thread mentioned it would be useful to be able to use the skill itself to cancel out of certain awakening animations (such as verdict), I agree, as Q doesn't cancel that one as it does others.

11.10% rage verdict, add back float. At least from a visual standpoint, this skill appears quite impactful. And certainly, it was once more so, when it had float, and you could air attack with the flow. If you get hit while using this skill, the animation noticeably speeds up, however it can still be a death trap if you're low dp, especially now that there's more range dps in the game, and it takes high ap to get it to chunk anyone with above softcap dp. Not every skill of ours has to be equally as high damage though, the skill still has situational use. However by adding a float to the 10% rage version of the skill, you open a few options - or choices to manage cooldowns and resources: either this skill has excellent group cc utility and decent damage, or has even better damage if the verdict flow is not already on CD from using it after enslar. And by that logic, using the 10% more often, then a valk won't have rage charge for BSR terra as often, our most complained about skill :)

~~

If literally none of the above changes are accepted, super armour on shield chase would alone do wonders.

#56 ViktoryiaV, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Netreiam, Muhaha and Diarrheal like this.
  17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Valkyrie
    ● Flow when using Elion's Breath in Main Weapon status: Fixed an issue where the effect was triggered without learning Elion's Breath.
    Fixed the issue where shield chase was triggered when entering W + Shift while switching from a primary weapon to a non-combat state.
    ● Fixed the issue where Intermittent Main Weapon was not triggered when using Elion's Breath as a skill slot in Awakening Weapon.

Literally the only class that has to put away weapon reularly in pve and pvp.
    And now you cannot even give you a speedboost out of combat stance into non combat anymore.

Getting that shieldchase into non combat stance was so nice.
    I really wonder they know about **** like this.
    But not how to fix core problems of classes

Netreiam and Diarrheal like this.