1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those discussing if there are more "open-pvp" or more "no-pvp" demand.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Allan1985, Jul 20, 2020.

1. LithicForm

Man. I've been reading these PvP vs PvE arguments on this forum for years now and honestly, I'm starting to see a pattern.

The people who complain about PvP are clearly just bad at it. ie: Thinking someone at full PEN is an unkillable God, omegalul. Y'all probably the same dentheads that overstay on a CCed target that you can't one combo and blame the game when you get punished for it.

Git Fkn Gud M8s

flukeSG2 likes this.
  2. woots

No you tried as usual to preset your ideas as fact, and not only for that
    That's.. so KEKW.
    Anyway.

Actualy it never was nonsense to have a split for pve & pvp, its not for no reasons that even Archeage doesnt setup owpvp at all time everywhere. AND archeage is build around owpvp.
    While BDO owpvp.... well, it would nearly requier a whole and entier rework, and it will never happen, considering PA you certainly very well know it.

And its even less a nonsense as players would choose how they want to play the game, ( and save you from "it split the community", the community already is splited between channels ) and already certainly create a more healthy situation in general.

Yet, indeed they should still review a lot of their crap on top of that.

3. IWalkAlone

The problem is you have an idea that is also not fact and you believe in it, discarding all facts.Thats why I bring flatearthers because you are alike.
    And after other people told you the same you didnt take note.
    No hard feelings, Im just sad we cant make a normal conversation on oposite opinions.

4. woots

Still going deeper and deeper into the pepega dimension by trying to put things on me. that's a big Yikes ( and a big KEKW )
    Anyway ! your talk already was absurd on the player count topic, you just did the same thing here, i will leave you with your delirium.

#244 woots, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

If you think BDO has so many different stats. Let me open your mind the MMOs outside of BDO.....

[​IMG]

The other's MMOs that I play makes the amount of stats BDO has look like a simple vanilla puddin.

6. IWalkAlone

You didnt understand me.BDO has AP and DP. But 1 AP is not equal to 1DP. Then DP is sum of Evasion and Damagge Reduction.But they have diferent scale and you get 300 DR to work and 900 evasion to work (ruff).On top of that every clas makes diferent damage to every other clas diferently...Bring how diferently every class behave on diferent lvl and diferen gear tiear and you have total mess.
    Also ESO is also not the best example since you can make build that 50 cant kill you if they are not the same build.Do they fix that?

flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. IWalkAlone

Ok, let me be the one with the delirium.have a nice day.

8. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Ok I understand you now.

There is no build in ESO that can survive against 2 or more players at the same skill level and also kill. Most of today's 1vX videos in ESO are either pre-staged or they are facing off against players that don't even know what a CC is. ESO has never been as balanced as it is today. How ever judging by the Public Test Server that is about to change. :(

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. Vortexii

@Andaro you are going to have to do your homework here. This is yet another case that needs to be recorded in that "magical evidence file" of yours. It seems time after time after time I see continual support of these ideas. Remember all these posts are just a small fraction of the BDO community.

These are real customers voicing real concerns over what they would like to see from the product.

10. Mana_Mafia

This demonstrates a profound ignorance of the issue.

People want the karma system to be reformed because of the prevalence of griefing. You still get griefed to hell on Arsha type servers, there's just no karma loss. I can continue to harass someone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on Arsha because there is no penalty for dying whatsoever.

When I'm grinding I want to be able to grind without too much interruption. The occassional contest for spot is a welcome short reprieve to break up monotony and keep things interesting and I welcome it....once or twice an hour. Every time I try to go to Arsha servers they're dominated by the most geared people in the game (because there aren't enough of these type servers the pond is too small) or I get harassed the entire time I'm there. My entire hour of scrolls and buffs will be depleted by someone that continues to come back and harass me no matter how many times I defeat them. The other day I was on Arsha and a Berserker/Ninja duo griefed me so hard I lost more than an hour of my evening. I must have killed them close to 50 ****ing times but they kept coming back. They knew they were torturing me by wasting my time and they'd ambush me with their E buff / Z buffs popped because they knew that while they suffered no penalties from dying to PvP, they would only have to feed me to mobs at Star's End *one time* to inflict extreme financial hardship on me.

Arsha server is not the answer. We need to bring back penalties for PvP deaths.

flukeSG2 and IWalkAlone like this.
  11. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

If you do that you might as well kiss a minimal of 90% of the playerbase goodbye.

Jinoro likes this.
  12. Vortexii

This post is really humorous if you understand what's actually being said.

Quick Summary:
    • You still get griefed to hell
    • I can continue to harass someone over and over and over
    • I want to be able to grind without too much interruption
    • I get harassed the entire time I'm there.
    • they would only have to feed me to mobs at Star's End *one time* to inflict extreme financial hardship on me.
    Get ready everyone.......... to prevent all this so called Griefing Behavior we have a solution !!!!

• We need to bring back penalties for PvP deaths.

Jinoro likes this.
  13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Assuming 90% of BDO playerbase is made of PVPers is as funny as stating that fiber optic links are fault proof.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  14. woots

So you are saying you dont like having others players impose you something you dont like and want ? thats interesting.

it remind me something, oh yeah that's what players not liking the owpvp at all are saying about owpvp in general and all thoses wanna-be-owpvper always answer random stupid things because apparently their own fun prevail over others choice ( or here lack of choices )

As for if you dont like arsha ( apparently so like others ) i still dont understand why ( so like somes others ) never battled to have arsha rules to be changed to end with a more suitable ( according to whatever consideration you might have about owpvp ) -owpvp rule set-
    As its a particular channel ( & its a real choice to enter in or not ), i guess no one would care about whatever rules changes regarding the owpvp.

Yet i would still say that arsha specificaly was made to have karma system off and have players be able to pk as much as they want. And that channel neither have for goal to make you pve in peace with the pve buff.
    As for players outgeared you.... welecome to gear2win without skill BDO pvp.

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  15. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Fair. If I may add, on the issue of people being jerks, if there is one "positive" thing about those people is that they create player conflict - and conflict is what gives way to player interaction. In this case, when a jerk strolls through, it often ends up in GvG fights. GvG's is one of most engaging team-oriented activities that we have and it is created by players. Guilds fight each other over the spot until one group is obliterated and gives up, or a consensus is made. Rivalries form through GvG, alliances form, we get to play alongside our guild in a war of attrition, and so much more. This is healthy for the game.

Removing possible OW PvP removes the incentive to GvG. Having possible OW PvP as a staple across all servers incentivises GvG, and this is healthy for the game, IMO. Player interaction is a critical factor when it comes to the MMORPG genre, and by removing possible OW PvP on normal channels, effectively removes this factor from BDO, removing one of our few meaningful group related activities. On top of that, GvG serves as a motivator for players as well - to become stronger to be able to contribute more to their guild, as well as themselves. This is healthy for the longevity of the game where people are chasing meaningful gains. Player conflict results in so much positive things too, I just wish more people saw that part and not only the toxic parts.

What I fear is that a massive, game-altering change such as a PvE-only server in BDO will change this game into Diablo, essentially. Greatly reduces player interaction, turning BDO into a truly single player experience. This will be bad for the game for so many reasons, some of which I listed above.

To clarify, I am not for my stance out of greed, or thinking about what would best suit me. Because if I did, obviously, I'd vote for PvE-only servers - but I see this issue from the standpoint of how it would affect the game as a whole. A PvE-only server - even just one, if it had all the perks of a normal server - would completely destroy one of the foundations BDO is built on (GvG arising out of player conflict / interactions), because what would stop players from flooding PvE-only server and abandoning regular servers? Nothing. The reason people avoid OW PvP is because it's not worth it when you're trying to make money as your main goal - a PvE-only server would only emphasize this and further alienate members of the community and separate them even more than we currently are. This is unhealthy for the overall state of an MMORPG, IMO, especially one as unique as BDO.

I think the Karma-system needs to be seriously looked at. The Bounty System, I feel, will alleviate much of these frustrations that players feel when in the OW. Wait and see how that pans out first before wanting to change BDO into Diablo, please!

#255 PeaceInChaos, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    flukeSG2, Fateneko and IWalkAlone like this.
  16. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I agree and can't help but feel many of these people see things through the lens of what will benefit them the most, not the game as a whole. Not sure why some of them can't see how massive a change like this is, and how it will literally destroy the game from its foundations.

flukeSG2 and IWalkAlone like this.
  17. Vortexii

A simple statement destroys your entire post
    Nothing would be lost at all because players could choose a PVP or normal server.

So everything you said completely fell apart. You wanted to say GvG is an important aspect of the game that would be lost......... Except, it's not lost at all. The Guild could simply exist on servers with PVP.......... thus you have no argument.

In fact the only players you would not be able to fight are customers that do not wish to participate in the game that way.

As a rational and reasonable human being you should certainly be able to comprehend that people should have the choice of whether to have these interactions or not. I couldn't imagine myself as being such a disgusting individual as to want to ruin the game play of others that simply do not want to be involved. Nor could I ever consider that a "PVPer". Anyone actually wanting conflict should be limited to others wanting conflict.

It's not that complicated.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  18. IWalkAlone

It is sad but its true.I wish to say that more people just cant think global, dont understand the games and how they evolve or degrade.But in the end most people realy think only for themselves.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. IWalkAlone

Sooo why FFIV dont have the choice of OwPvP ?I will answer - because there are diferent tipe of games for people with diferent taste.You want PvE only great you have the game, you want OwPvP, great you have it.You dont go on forum and try to change the game because you like character creation............

flukeSG2 likes this.
  20. IWalkAlone

you have the answer:
    When you are right you are... but now I wonder what you gona use to jump on me...