1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced to buy 20,000 Pearls for Guardian Class

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Kaitreen, May 29, 2020.

1. Kaitreen

Stop ripping people off. Why would anyone pick a different class then Guardian?

This class has Crits on 100% skills, highest Crit % Damage, protection for days on end, mobility that rivals "mobile" classes, sick range skills that make archer squeal like a pig, endless sustain, S tier class in all high end PVE spots, and you can even go to High End PVE spots BELOW the recommended AP/DP!

Just implement a wheelchair graphic to all class logos except guardian. That'd be more fitting to how this company feels about the playerbase. Also, with all the inflation, just up the pearl prices on everything about 50%.

P.S.
    Not hating on the FOTM rollers, I dont blame you...

Ofdimaelr and alastersan like this.
  2. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Next you gona say you are forced to play this game.

P.S

Not hating this game, just the one who support this bs.

Nubek, PeaceInChaos, ODB3698 and 5 others like this.
  3. DafuqYouLookinAt

While I think it's absolutely ridiculous how things are so unbalanced, I'll never understand why people continue to support the RR/FOTM train.

In the end, you will find nothing yourself spiraling into a constant void. All classes are subjected to get buffed and nerfed.

I get people want to stay at the top and remain the best but if people truly just tried out a class and found a class they truly enjoy they wouldn't feel so "forced" to spend money on rerolling to a class that is temporarily buffed. They just simply... enjoy it for what it is.

---> Nobody is forcing anyone, you consciously make the decision to open your wallet but I understand it's out of temptation, hype or even disappointment in your current classes.

Companies market it, the consumers eat it all up. Most companies do this, especially upon releasing a new class.
    They want everyone to play it and throw money at it - It's a cycle.

Most of the time, they fluctuate stats in attempt to balance but this isn't balance. We still have classes way overpowered than others.
    All classes have their own advantages/disadvantages over another. I can see it's difficult to perfectly balance and keep it that way.
    Other times, some people also must learn to counter against the opposing class as well yet they'll cry something is unbalanced or OP even though it's already face down in the ground in comparison to other classes.

All in all, I think people should really take a step back more and realize what they're supporting and think about it.

4. Andaro

Ambassador

Not entirely sure how you were forced to do anything.
    Would love to see video of someone twisting your arm.

5. Vortexii

I can easily demonstrate how I was forced to switch. The Awakening Witch is broken and Pearl Abyss won't address the issue. Remaining on Awakening Witch trying to slowly grind areas like Stars End was simply intolerable. The scaling AP is busted.

In this case rather than get screwed over by a company that I supported in the past I refused to give more cash for inventory slots, horse flutes, weight upgrades, especially ones that are not available period. Not to mention coupon, costumes, other items AND my exp, skill points, etc. So the solution was forced to Witch Succession.

Now a low level conversation could say just grind every day with much lower results, but that's why it's a lower level conversation best left for people that mods can't handle the words for.

Any reasonable person would recognize this is a true shame. A distasteful thing for both Pearl Abyss & Kakao to allow.

What a terrible way to run a company for customer relations and retention........ simply HORRIBLE.

The best advice that can be given is what most people already do. You are NOT forced to do it, simply go play something else............ problem solved.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. Andaro

Ambassador

Actually I am going to stop you right there.
    You say you were "forced" to roll to another class because X-class wasn't good enough.
    That in itself is hogwash.

I can prove, and have proven, that they are constantly improving, buffing, and nerfing, where necessary, every single class since release, and are continuing to do so on all kits, tradition, awaken, and succession.

While I am sure they are grateful for your choosing to purchase reroll coupons, I personally am against those coupons, and have always, and will continue to, advise you and others to pick and stick with your favorite class, regardless of its deficiencies, because time and time again has shown us that it takes only one patch for that class to be prized again.

Additionally I do no believe, and find it heresy to believe in, "flavor of the month" classes. You should pick and stay with the class you like the most, because only then will the server have enough data generated on that class to be viable enough for analysis and give the developers what they need to make proper changes.

The developers make a lot of changes based on server data, and when the community is "rolling" from one FOTM to the next, they are only hurting themselves and the game. Rather if they stayed true to their class choice, regardless of its ups and downs, the data would show the problems, and eventually*** that class will get its comeuppance.

So, if you are unhappy about rerolling, and lack of focus on your class -- you -- like everyone else, have only yourself to blame.

7. Vortexii

You are absolutely wrong about everything.

"I can prove, and have proven, that they are constantly improving, buffing, and nerfing, where necessary, every single class since release, and are continuing to do so on all kits, tradition, awaken, and succession."

You can prove nothing, except an incompetent team of developers has been attempting to do this for years and failing miserably. They recently did increase the skill damage to Witch Awakening, but as usual Pearl Abyss's completely incompetent team that doesn't understand the game clearly shows. This issue only applies to the highest end grind spots because the CAPPED AP will perform at lower areas.

This SHOULD have been fixed years ago. Instead Pearl Abyss did a sloppy job and increased the AP cap long ago. Which OBVIOUSLY was a complete failure as it only temporarily improves the situation which is BOUND TO FAIL AGAIN.

Additionally I do no believe, and find it heresy to believe in, "flavor of the month" classes.

This is simply you CHOOSING to be naive and ignore the reality of the money aspect behind "Selling new classes".

The developers make a lot of changes based on server data, and when the community is "rolling" from one FOTM to the next, they are only hurting themselves and the game.

The developers have repeatedly failed to interpret this data in ANY MEANINGFUL WAY. The data they demonstrate shows Shaii as being a great class because so many people chose it. Obviously, the massive reward for leveling the class on release was behind this, but that's NOT IN THE DATA they provide.

According to Pearl Abyss people play tons of classes!!!! Except I have nearly every single class and DO NOT PLAY THEM. They are energy bots, that's it. Additionally, the data is OLD and they still count rangers from years ago.

You could use a littler more honestly and less bias for simply defending BDO on everything.

#7 Vortexii, May 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2020
    Mana_Mafia likes this.
  8. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

The "then" you put in your opening sentence really made it read like something totally different to what you were trying to say.
    "Then" is an indication of time, "Than" is a comparison. It's easy to remember if you remember "Then" and "Time" both have "e" and "Than" and "Comparison" both have "a".

Not being a d*ck, just when you mix them up like that it really doesn't read the way you meant it to and has a completely different meaning. :)

9. Kaitreen

AND THEEENNNNN??? AND THEN AND THENANDTHEN!

I'll be the first to admit I purchased exchange coupons when mystic came out, from DK. It was a complete waste of money because I did NOT enjoy the class, ignoring how overpowered it was, and got bored as hell and took billion loss switching back to DK weapons. Complete waste of $.

But what gets me is being "FORCED" to switch channels because I can't defend a spot against a fresh guardian swinging their axe with their cheap-$$ serendian beginner costume 2 shotting my Frontal Guard*. How the hell do you think I feel, my class i love and spent 112 Days (in hours) on, only to be completely crapped on by someone who just started the game? I know how this class works, but its mobile as hell, endless protection, endless sustain, endless Crit Damage (PA thought Crit Dmg Passives are OK?), endless CRIT( all their awake skills are crit), and ranged attacks the make archer look like a beaver in a bear fight.

It's disrespectful to release a class and disregard older player veterans to reconsider their past long-term choices (their class they've been playing for years) because they want a quick fckin buck.

Not one person can logically defend this class' balance without making a fool out of themselves.

*These players literally are rollin in Oasis Gear with 274 DP completely shi*t*ing on a small group of classes needing looked at balance-wise..

10. Dragonsforce

"FORCED"

You guys are a Joke.

PeaceInChaos and ODB3698 like this.
  11. Andaro

Ambassador

upload_2020-6-2_3-57-15.png

tenor.gif

12. SyreneLillianaide

Nobody forces anybody to buy anything. If you do, it's your choice.

PeaceInChaos and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  13. Tacarmato

I'm fine with my warrior tbh. I can grab the s**t out of guardian brr brr

14. Artorias_Dusk

I play warrior because I like greatswords :D I can handle guardians pretty well ;)

ODB3698 and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  15. Artorias_Dusk

My only problems that I habe with Guardian is how funking tanky she is while 1shotting.
    As a warrior I need pretty long combos to kill and my block is a simple joke, and we are not as tanky as we should. Guardian even has nice evasion scaling like wtf

Jinoro likes this.
  16. kakodaimonos

17. Mimimimi

18. Ben Phoenix

19. Mimimimi

i was surprised too when i heared him saying that

ShadowFairy and Ben Phoenix like this.
  20. Vortexii

Shocking how a representative from the company doing these things would not blatantly admit fault. Did you really expect them to say it directly?

Do you think Guardian wasn't OP in PVE/Siege?
    Did you NOT NOTICE a trend of classes being OP upon release then massively nerfed?
    Are you to sheepish to admit these problems?

It seems most everyone else can see a monetary gain behind this issue, but you can't? Really?

What about Old Moon Book? It should be removed immediately based upon the exact same premise. Pearl Abyss knows the changes they make can vastly change the game play and power of classes. Yet they want to monetize the ability to change your own skill options, not even just Succession / Awakening. The Book NEEDS TO BE REMOVED NOW.