1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced to buy 20,000 Pearls for Guardian Class

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Kaitreen, May 29, 2020.

1. LithicForm

Hey you leave my Old Moon Books alone. I love not having to visit a Villa once a week and have 1 inventory slot taken up on every char that needs tent buffs.

The issue with Guardian is and isn't all "FotM rerollers", she suffers from classic OP new class syndrome, we've seen this time and again with DK, Lahn, Mystic (particularly bad), and Archer. Now if what Andaro suggests is true, in that the Devs balance the classes based on server data, it would make sense that new classes do start off as OP and as more data is collected, are brought down to the median. My issue with this take is that PA needs to communicate this to us. I don't think we've seen one official communication from them indicating that's how they in fact do their balancing. My second take is how do we even know PA takes data from NA servers? I'm sure many veterans will agree with me in that their balancing patches so often come as a result of KRs meta which is vastly different from NAs. A prime example would be Maehwa and Sorc.

In KR, Maes abuse one mechanic and one mechanic only, stub arrow spamming with chase cancel, which led to nerf after nerf to her stamina usage. In NA, no Maes fight like that, we actually prefer using the other 99% of her kit which suffers from lack of mobility/protection caused by nerfs to stamina.

For some reason, Sorcs are considered trash tier in KR, and from what I've heard it's because of the exceptionally low ping there, which allows people to actually counterplay Sorcs iframe spam. When desync and lag are no longer part of the equation, skilled PvPers are able to time their CCs for when a Sorc exits an iframe at a level no one in NA or EU could ever dream of doing, which is why Sorc is deemed overpowered in said regions where her iframe spam is assisted by high ping and disgusting desync issues.

So in light of these things, and I'm sure there are other examples to be found in other classes, the above two are the ones I am most familiar with, it behooves us to then ask Kakao and the ambassadors, is it true that PA balances classes based on overall server data which relies on a balanced number of people on every class, and if so, which region(s) do they take this data from?

This would be a VERY interesting break-through as I am sure it would be the first many of us have heard of this, it certainly is for me.

Törni likes this.
  2. Vortexii

Why can't you just accept the truth? All you need to do it open your eyes and think for yourself. The answers are very clear.

The signs that Pearl Abyss does shoddy work is LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. It's in the lazy AI, it's in the trash quests. Uninspiring no shts given just show up for work, who cares syndrome is everywhere. No passion for gaming, no direction, no management.

Pearl Abyss created a decent game engine and was ahead of it's time in action combat. They have good artists and people to do animations etc. However, everything else is a complete failure.

Look at something as basic as a clan War. In Lineage II being in a clan war reduced the Exp Penalty for dying. However, BOTH sides have to declare to openly kill without penalty. Seeming OBVIOUS. Well Pearl Abyss couldn't even get things like that right. What an Epic failure to allow a one sided clan war to remove all penalties.

You are talking about higher level meta where Pearl Abyss can't even figure the very basics of gaming.

Lets not forget how many times Pearl Abyss released ENTIRE CONTENT UPDATES THAT FAILED UPON RELEASE.
    The entire Valencia Region was a failure until more than a year after it's release.

You sadly just can't expect much of anything from a company that demonstrates such poor quality work.

3. Kiruna

Kiruna Tamer 61 NA

Maybe you should play the class you like despite the flaws instead of passing the blame of feeling bad about spending $200 on exchange coupons. Eventually a new class will come out and Guardian will be nerfed and all the FTOM bandwagon people will move on and make new posts like this one.

PeaceInChaos, Naho and Andaro like this.
  4. Dehor

"Would love to see video of someone twisting your arm"[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER FEW HOURS
    [​IMG]
    [
    Forced to buy 20,000 Pearls for Guardian Class]

5. Dehor

Will come true. skip to 2:50 if u like to have a PROVE.

6. VurkWogs

This is a funny thread.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  7. SmK

SmK

I mean guardian isn’t OP as argued in the other thread. As for witch, witch succ pve is incredibly good, for siege witch is sought after and incredibly useful and for 1v1 she is fodder but more importantly you play her (like valk I imagine) because you enjoy the play style and aesthetics over face rolling. There are many streamers who had amazing gear on so called “gutted” classes and always tell you to play what you enjoy....

8. kakodaimonos

Some random youtuber is the source... alright then.

Alright THAT I can accept.

9. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

As an awaken wiz my only chance is to get a grab off on it,any ranged skill it will just block and leave me animation locked for it to 1 shot me even through s block.

The issue is it has such high defense even if I get a grab off I likely wont kill it before it gets back up and I have to make sure im out of there before it gets back up or it will grab me and unlike me grabbing it I will not survive to get back up.

And oddly enough for as slow as people claim it is its 1 of the few classes I cant get away from by trying to run.

#29 Stealthe, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I like the fact that im seemingly the only person on the forum that doesnt struggle with guardians in the slightest. Proves that i am at least good enough at this game to deal with stationary targets, unlike everyone else.

Nubek, Souda, ODB3698 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

as a lifeskiller you probably dont struggle yes

12. Kaitreen

wut...

13. Naho

We aren't talking about 1v1 against 1 guardian but having 1 to 10 guardian that can one tap you with a 100, tanky as hell and swing an axe from Narnia to kill ppl. I'm curious and wants you to show to everyone how you deal with that.

14. LiquidEmotion

I understand your frustration. Tons of players feel the same but to say you are "forced" discredits your argument right away. No one is forcing you so I wouldn't say that but I get what you mean. Guardian is extremely powerful and scales too well the stronger she gets. She will most likely get nerfed but PA sucks at balance. There is always going to be another class that is powerful.

This is what happens when a company that doesn't have a proper balance team balancing a game with multiple classes with "succession" now thrown into the mix. Recipe for disaster so I wouldn't have high hopes for anything being fair in this game. BDO has been out long enough to show that.

15. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

We run up to them and grab their ass. Works every time.

ODB3698 likes this.
  16. Naho

Yeaaaaaaaaah for sure

17. SmK

SmK

It does though

18. Naho

We are talking about guardian player, not the stupid bots you're playing against

Wollbert likes this.
  19. ColdCashDivine

Crits and crit dmg are the specialty of this class. There are classes that can get tons of extra evasion% and accuracy% whilst others can not. So what?
    She's countered hard by grab classes, and in PVE the only spot where she's S tier is Aakman. She's good but not best in every other spot. Stop complaining if you don't know anything about the class.

20. SmK

SmK

so what your saying is guardian is OP and if you kill one it’s because they’re afk or brain dead?
    If that’s the case it sounds like an excuse not to better yourself and learn how to play, but I don’t know your class so I can’t know what advantage if any you have...