1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced to reroll Sorceress

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Blitzball, Jun 15, 2020.

1. sajdas

what do you mean? striker have one of the best grabs in the game - fast, knockdown and super armor. with food, vila, alchemy stone, kutum and 2 crystals on main wep you should have enough ignore resistance to successfuly grab most of the times.

BDO_Nictofilia and ShinShingami like this.
  2. ShinShingami

have u played striker ? and trying to grab tamer or sorc ? cus i am since its the a must to execute full combo and i will tell u its really really hard Only good thing striker has after getting downed when he stands up he can grab people but it is rng carried rate, other than that to grab em its fcked up . come to bal 3 arena i will show u if u think i am bad at him with trial ofc

3. sajdas

i dont bother to grab at all heavy i-frame oriented classes for desync reasons, with the exceptions of protected grab classes which make it less risky.
    i never stated or assumed how good or bad you are, i just stated the fact that striker grab is one of the best grab because of the grab stats i previously mentioned.

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That's how I feel with Ranger and Witch. Maybe that is the primary reason I don't log many minutes into the game lately.

5. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

My IRL friend has been playing Ranger since he started this game back at launch. Hasn't ever rerolled, not even once, and is still a Ranger to this day. Dude racks up hundred and hundreds, even thousands sometimes, of points in Velia 4 RBF. He is top 5 ranking in most servers we play on and is almost always red. Loves PvP and loves his class. And trust me - as a Sorc who can deal pretty well with Ranger in 1v1, he is an absolute nightmare to fight. Not even super overgeared at 290 / 309. So, IDK why you're always hating on Ranger. Ranger is VERY good, one of the best 1v1 classes in awakening and one of the best small scale DPS in succession - in the right hands.

I've heard a thing about Rangers...that you easily tell a "good" Ranger from a "bad" Ranger. I completely agree as I have fought many Rangers in my time here, you can easily tell a good Ranger from a bad one by the way they kite, their use of Shotgun and their use of their cooldown-limited iframes, and how they apply so much ranged pressure making it super difficult to close the gap on them. Thing is, there are so many Rangers, but so little "good" Rangers which is also what I've heard. And yeah...I think I agree.

Xairen, BDO_Nictofilia, Souda and 2 others like this.
  6. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Striker is fine idk what you mean lol. He's one of the easiest classes to get started with and once you understand him well he tears **** up in PvP. Good strikers don't play striker in a clunky way. If you get good with him he won't disappoint you in any form of PvP really

SmK and PeaceInChaos like this.
  7. Jaeger

i dont know but most of you misunderstand him. he says that its hard to grab someone who is all the time in a iframe, what is hard to understand that? and yes its true its very hard to grab someone who is all the time in iframes. for me its not a problem to fight a sorc cuz me as ninja im few times faster than a sorc and one of my spamable cc's will hit while she is blinking around. what i can say is before ninja i played zerk and warrior, sorcs are really ugly to grab believe me. btw strikers sucks, cuz their playstyle is so linear you can predict their attacks easily. sorry but its so.

Souda likes this.
  8. Lenerlink

O man was going to reply but you pretty much said everything...TBH in the eyes from playing as a tamer anything over 10% is god tier Accuracy for me. Heck We had some moves that gave negative accuracy.

9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

mystic worst class in the game? wasn't it Lahn? no wait it was DK. or its just you.

next topic from Blitzball: Forced to reroll guardian. sorc is too stamina hungry and i cant do proper combos.

10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

If the enemy zerg doesn't see her coming and no one is able to catch her (AoE CC are wonderful against sorc), then they deserve to die.

As soon as they're CCed (even a stiffness), they're as good as dead. And yes, if you follow the glass cannon road you don't need much defence, but isn't that obvious?

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

who isnt, in same circumstances? only other classes dont even need to get ccd in a middle of enemy blob.

and if it was as simple as "just use ccs" then we wouldnt ever see sorcs in the middle of the blobs.

SmK likes this.
  12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Well, if you don't want to try, for sure they'll keep on jumping in the blob.

13. Quinra

Sorc is only one of the best because grabs are OP. When you give most of the classes a CC that ignores everything but i-frames, don't be surprised when the class built around iframes will flourish.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

tbh grabs should be something like "time out ccs", should put something like freeze effect on people

15. ColdCashDivine

Sadly people got used to grab'n'win. There is nothing we can do to avoid them crying when they can't grab someone and so they can't win. Just remove grabs and let's see where the skill is. This game will be balanced when every class will have an efficient grab. Even among the grab classes there are better grabs and worse grabs. Some grabs will grab you even if you are out of their range and will teleport you on the player hands, other grabs instead won't grab properly and will be animation locked even if the enemy was succesfully target'd

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  16. Ashaara

Now i want to grab something.

to the topic:
    A good sorc always has 200 fps and more btw. So without spending some money on better gear, sorc is a really bad choice for pvp. Proof me wrong, but there is no excellent sorc with 60 fps and lower :x I love sorc for pve since start, cuz it just feels good. h.

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i know goos sorcs that can play pretty well without exploits

18. Ileara

Nice bait, if you actually played pvp you knew that witchards are still on top of the food chain. Then again forum is only shitposts these days.

19. Xairen

can vouch. this how i felt when i fought LeviticusIV x_x

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  20. Akantorian

There are more classes that need even more ap, like warrior for example, sorc doesnt even need accuracy gems on mainhand, also sorc is god tier in any type of pvp content, youre just delusional AF.