1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forest of the Ancient Night

Discussion in 'RP' started by Joungf, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Joungf

Welcome to the forest of the Ancient Night.

This is a forum RP.
    It takes place in an mystical forest from old legends: The forest of the Ancient Night.

Anyone can join that RP taking account of the rules which are listed below. Before jumping in, every participant should add a profile of his / her character to provide some information.
    Thanks.

Rules:
    The RP will not be that strict. Artistic freedom is allowed. You do not need to stick to the lore of BDO only.
    But:
    1. Direct actions on any participant like killing or teleporting is not allowed. You should mention that you are planning to teleport, kill, etc. a participant so he / she or any other participant can react to your intention.
    2. No God-Mode.
    3. Fair play.
    4. All the other forum rules like, no insult, no racism, ....

Background story:
    The forest of the Ancient Night appears in an ancient legend. This forest is not located on any map. It suddenly appears. It is said that it does not exist but exist, that it is not reality but real. And it is said that everyone who stepped inside will never survive that dark and mystic forest.

Now, let the journey full of adventure begin ........

2. Joungf

Name: Zack Blu (Dr. Bruce Echo)

Race: Human

Profession: Thief and treasure hunter (scientist and archaeologist)

Character: A clever fox who tries to be though but has a soft core. A lone wolf.

Weakness: Can't take it if uneducated people talk about false and wrong facts regarding science.
    He also has snake phobia.

Background story: Bruce Echo was born and raise together with his younger stepbrother Gregor in a wealthy, noble family. He studied science and archaeology and did a lot of research. He become a Doctor in archaeology and wrote two books about the Ancients. When he managed to decipher an ancient map that shows the path to the legendary ancient underground city of Nehet, a city of unimaginable wealth and full of powerful artefacts, his life got in danger. Felix, his best friend has betrays him, blackmails and threats his family and his love Eleonore with dead. So he went low, faked his death and changed his appearance and identity. Skaha, an outlaw and son of the leader of the thief guild, helped him hiding and teach him how to survive in the wilderness.

Actually he does not trust any body except his younger stepbrother Gregor whom he sent a letter with his handwriting and initials but also asked his him to burn the letter as soon as he red it. Anyone can be a spy who is after the map which he has with him.

Gregor and Eleonore are the only persons who know that he is still alive but they would not recognise him if he would stay in front of them.

But Bruce has a dark secret that he forgot a long time ago. He is a descendant of a very powerful wizard, that one wizard of the "Cursed Three" or also known as the "Wizards of Darkness", those three evil wizards who captured the spirit of the Great Dragon of Light and turned it into a black crystal and gained control over the dragon to defeated the Ancients with their own weapon, the Great Dragon of Light.

It is said that not every descendant of this wizard will have the same ultimate power. On its fifth birthday the powers of the true descendant will awaken. Therefore a high priest of a secret cult visits the descendant families on the fifth birthday of their children and performs a sacred ritual that shows if the child has inherited the unlocked ultimate power. This is a family tradition and must be followed, there is no escape.
    If that child is being found it will be taken away from its parents and will be raised in a secret monastery as the successor of the Wizards of Darkness.

Due to this fact Bruce's family always reported the birthday of a new family member two weeks later and celebrated their birthday always two weeks later. This secret strategy helped him to grow up as a normal child together with his parents even his powers got awakened when he become fife years old.

It was a stormy day when his mother noticed how Bruce lighten up the candles who got blown off by the wind, just by thinking of lighting them. The window got opened by the strong wind and rain poured inside the room. But it turned to snow before it fell on the ground. Bruce's mother was shocked when she saw her son playing with element. She calculated and realised the today was Bruce's real fifth birthday.

"Look mother I can make snow and fire." Bruce said. His mother run towards him with fear and tears in her eyes and hugged him. "Why are you crying mother?" he asked. "Bruce my dear, do not do this again, please if you do not want to make your mother sad. Promise this to me." she said and cried. She do not want to lose her son. "I will not do it again mother. I promise that to you. I do not want to make you cry again." Bruce said and hugged his mother.

She send a message to her mother the same day and next day the grandmother came to visit her grandson. Bruce's grandmother was a wise witch. She caste a strong spell she found in an very old book which seals the power of a person completely and turns the person into a normal person. It is written in that old book that no magic can detect this seal and no human can remove it. Only the Ancients can remove the seal.

Two weeks later at the birthday party of Bruce the high priest appeared and performed his ritual on Bruce. But it was unsuccessful. The high priest got angry because he failed again. He looked at Bruce's mother and said "Why did you married that churl!? There are only a few pure-blooded descendants left in the family of the Wizards of Darkness! We should keep the bloodline pure to gain powerful wizards! It is a shame!". Then he looked at Bruce's father with disgust and walked away.

Bruce forgot all those and grow up as a normal person. A few years later Bruce's aunt died after she gave birth and Bruce's mother adopted the baby. She gave him the name Gregor. Bruce and Gregor grow up like brothers.

ax2.jpg
    Bruce disguised into Zack

xay1.jpg
    This is how Bruce Echo looked before he changed his appearance.

#2 Joungf, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  3. Joungf

Zack looked again on his map then turned his head to the left where big whit mountains are. He turned the map in that directions until the mountains on the map matched with the direction of the mountains he saw on his left.
    "Yes, I am on track." he said and continued his march trough the valley. But after a fey meters he suddenly stopped again. He opened his map and looked confused. "Here is a valley shown on the map. But I am now standing inside a forest." he said while scratching his head. "The forest seems to be grown after this map was created." he comes to the conclusion.
    He puts the map back into his bag and continue his march. But after a few steps he stops again. "Why is it suddenly so dark? I will get lost here inside the forest. Maybe it is better to go back and use a safer path." he said and turned back. But instead of getting lighter again and leaving the forest behind, it got more and more darker and a black mist appeared. "Oh no. Could it be that I am trapped in the forest of Ancient Night?" he asked himself. "OK Zack, no panic. This is not real, right?" he tried to make himself courageous. The more he walked the more the fauna and flora in the forest changed. The trees, insects and animals look so unfamiliar, so strange and dangerous.

#3 Joungf, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Ralix Tanner, Maginha and Ben Phoenix like this.
  4. Ben Phoenix

Name: Daryen

Race: half elf and half human

Profession: None

Character: Reserved and not very talkative.

Weakness: He doesn't like to be questioned about his background and current life.

Background story: He comes from a modest family, from a village in the north, at the foot of Mount Storm, raised by his human uncle and his wife, together with his three cousins. He left his family at the age of fifteen. He has been traveling since then, doing temporary jobs, sleeping in the wild or in cheap taverns. Sometimes he stays longer in a place, improving his skills in the art of archery and daggers that he acquired in his childhood and teenage, at the village.

He's an avid reader of any kind of books and he tries to visit the local library and spend some time there every time he gets to a town or a city.

2019-06-17_440845201.JPG

#4 Ben Phoenix, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Maginha and Joungf like this.
  5. Ben Phoenix

Daryen woke up suddenly, a cold breeze was whispering on his face, he had almost the feeling that the wind was carrying a melody, sweet and melancholic, like a lullaby. He sat on the ground in confusion, he wrapped his cloak around him and then finally stood up. It was a full moon night. He looked at his horse that was standing not far from him, next to a tree. Suddenly he realised that more far away, after that tree there were more trees and the area looked like the entrance of a forest. He blinked twice in disbelief and frowned: he could have sworn that there was no forest before.

He took his bow and bag from the grass, walked to his horse and caressed him gently then moved forward to the forest. He could hear his horse stepping on the grass nervously, he didn't turn his head and continued to walk. He was standing in front of the trees now, he hesitated a bit then entered the forest. After a few steps he felt that something wasn't right, he took a look at the sky and couldn't see the moon anymore, it was dark and strange sounds were all around the place, he couldn't recognize any of that sounds, he wasn't even sure they were coming from animals, at least, not from animals he knew. He put his hands on his daggers instinctively and stopped walking. He looked back to the direction where he came from and started walking again to reach the place where his horse was but after a while he realised that he was lost. He sighed in frustration. "Where the hell am I?"

#5 Ben Phoenix, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  6. Joungf

In the distance some blue spot of light were rhythmically dancing up and down. They look like night wisp he heard from the fairy tales, when he was a kid. "Light, I need light." Zack said with a trembling voice and put down his backpack. He quickly took some material out of his backpack, to assemble a torch and to light a fire. In dark caves and tombs he used to assembled torches and light a fireplaces many times. Over the course of time he perfected it. Soon the torch was ready and lit up. He put his backpack back on his back and moved towards the night wisp. The torchlight lights up his way. "Now I can see the environment." he said relieved with a smile. His fear was gone and he was filled with scientific curiosity.
    "The animals seems not to like the light or maybe the fire. What ... ?" he shrug when suddenly a human like figure flashes in front of him and disappears in the dark. "Who is there!?" he shouted into the darkness and started to run into the same direction the figure disappeared.

Maginha and Ben Phoenix like this.
  7. Ben Phoenix

Daryen looked around slowly, all his senses were on alert, his body was in tension and he was ready to kill whatever could have threatened him. It was almost pitch black but his capability to see well in the dark and distance, inherited from his elvish mother's side, was helping a bit. He wasn't as good as a pure blood elf but that capability was enough to be able to have an idea of the enviroment around. The sudden sound of a cracked twig somewhere about fifty meters in front of him made him turn his head, he removed his hands from the daggers quickly and pulled an arrow from his quiver then aimed in the direction of the sound.

Suddenly a source of light made him squint his eyes in pain, he realised it was a torch held maybe by a man, for what Daryen could understand. The figure was walking carefully through the trees and the vegetation but it seemed to be in some kind of hurry. Daryen didn't move a single muscle, he was still aimig in the direction of the figure, following its steps with his arrow. He could feel his own heart beating fast but he wasn't making a single sound, he wasn't almost breathing.

#7 Ben Phoenix, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  8. Joungf

Zack has a good photographic memory. He also learned tracking from Skaha, an outlaw who helped him hiding from his enemies. Zack stopped running. He looked around, then he turned his sight down on the floor. He kneel down and saw foot prints. They where his footprints but also a pair of smaller foot prints. Zack was now sure that he run around in circles. "Darn! I am running in circles. No stars, no moon... my compass... maybe ..." was he saying while he pulled his compass out of his pocket. But he got disappointed when he saw that the needle was not moving. It was like frozen or stuck. He shake it but the needle didn't move. "It seems time and space are not present inside the forest of Ancient Night." Zack note. Zack opened his bag and fished out a peace of chalk. He wrote his name on a big striking tree, put he chalk back into his bag and followed the small foot steps. The steps end abrupt but he kept going straight forward until he came to the same place he started. He saw the tree with his name on it. But now he noticed another footprints on the ground. They look like made by horse hoof. "I am not alone. A horse or maybe a horsemen? I have to be very carefully. This forest has its own rules. Nothing is as it look like. But it is also so fascinating." he said with a peace of happiness in his voice. He felt hungry and thirsty. "I should camp here. The secrets of this forest can not hide from me. I will discover its mysteries." he said with a determination. Soon he lit up a camp fire and cooked a soup.

#8 Joungf, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  9. Ben Phoenix

Daryen was standing still behind a big tree, a kind he couldn't recognize and probably never saw before. It's trunk was incredibly large, the bark was almost completely covered by red, large leaves and they were emitting a very pungent smell. He had being following the figure for a while, trying to be very careful and silent. The man, now it was clear it was a male, seemed very busy with making a meal and didn't seem to had noticed him. Daryen had the feeling that they didn't go very far, they probably just ran in a circle the whole time but he wasn't completely sure.

He looked at the sky quickly, there was no sign of dawn, no stars, no clouds. It was almost like they have been swallowed in the giant stomach of some kind of mystical creature... He shook his head trying to get rid of that odd and uncomfortable thought and looked again at the man. He didn't seem dangerous but Daryen didn't stop remaining cautious. He had learned with time that the most harmless looking creature can be the most dangerous one. He stayed where he was for a while, observing the stranger, until he finally decided to approach him, he didn't have much to lose after all and just wanted to get out of that place. He could have used some help. He put the arrow back into his quiver silently and swallowed, then made a few steps forward with his hands on his thighs where he had his daggers ready to be used in case it was needed. "Who are you and where are we?"

#9 Ben Phoenix, Apr 28, 2019
  10. Joungf

Zack took a sip of his hot and tasty soup when suddenly someone shouted
    "Who are you and where are we?"
    He winced and spilled a drop of soup on himself. The voice was clear and close to him. He waved the torch in the direction where the voice came but could not see anyone. How could someone came that close to him without making any noise and leaving any trace. Zack remembered that elven and assassins do have that ability. It was the voice of a young man. Could it be an assassin? But why would he ask who he is and where he is? Zack came to the conclusion, that this man is also lost, trapped inside that forest. "Do not be afraid. I am like you in the same situation. We are inside the Ancient Night. The forest from the ancient legend. My name is Zack. If you are hungry or thirsty I can offer you a warm soup or some beer." Zack answered.

11. Ben Phoenix

Daryen walked a bit forward, now he was quite close to the campfire and the stranger and he was completely visible to him. He scanned the man's figure quickly to see if he had any weapon on him and could see a musket, a hunting rifle and a dagger. Daryen realised that he was very well equipped, probably in order to survive in the wild and defend himself which made him wonder if he was a treasure hunter. He moved his gaze to the soup and could feel his stomach growling in pain. He swallowed and relaxed a bit then looked into the man's eyes. He sounded sincere but Daryan wasn't feeling completely comfortable. It was part of his nature not to trust people easily. He was very young when he left his family and village to start a journey with no destination. He was living mostly of the time on the street and in the wild, rarely with company, he always prefered to travel alone and his only companions were the books he used to read at the libraries when he had the chance. He nodded quickly and shyly then spoke again. "I would like some soup and some beer, thank you... You said "Forest of the Ancient Night"... I read a bit about that place once time, it's not supposed to be real, is it?".

#11 Ben Phoenix, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Joungf likes this.
  12. Joungf

A young man appeared in the light of the camp fire. According to the weapons he had, he seems to be an archer. He walked shy and without any noise, like he was hovering over the ground.
    "I would like some soup and some beer, thank you... You said "Forest of the Ancient Night"... I read a bit about that place once time, it's not supposed to be real, is it?" answered the young archer.
    Zack noticed that the young man was nervous, shy, polite and likes to read books. He took his backpack and pulled out a dish and a mug. While he was filling beer into the mug, his backpack tips over and his big notebook, where he recorded all his scientific observations fell out. Zack kept calm and played it cool by just grabbing the notebook and putting it back inside his backpack. Then he filled some soup inside the dish. and handed both to the young man. "Please sit down. I can not eat if someone stands in front of me starring down to me." said Zack in a harsh tone to appear like a though man. "Say young man, what brings you here? How did you got trapped here inside that darn forest? What is your name, by the way?" he asked.
    "Please take some food and drink. I will tell you about the Ancient Night later." Zack added seeing the burning curiosity in the eyes of the young man.

#12 Joungf, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  13. Ben Phoenix

Daryen sat in front of Zack, he hesitated a bit then took the food and the drink that that stranger was offering him. He didn't talk while consuming his meal. Finally he finished to drink his beer, put the empty dish and mug on the grass and looked into Zack's eyes. He was curious to know more about the forest he had read about at the library in Calpheon, one of the big cities he had visited during his journey, a couple of years earlier. He didn't have an excellent education, all he had was a fragmented knowledge aquired from all the books he had read in the past while traveling.

The village where he grew up didn't have much to offer but he also preferred to focus on getting good in archery and using daggers. He wanted to be skilled enough in defending himself before leaving his village for good... Daryen realised that he was lost in his childhood memories and he didn't like it. He shook his head slightly then focused again his gaze on Zack. "My name is Daryen. I was sleeping when suddenly I woke up and saw that there was a forest I didn't notice before, not so far from the spot where I was camped. I entered it and couldn't go back. All I want is to go back to my horse and continue my trip. I don't like this place. What do you know about this forest?"

#13 Ben Phoenix, Apr 29, 2019
  14. erethir

Name: Alira

Race: Human

Character: Stubborn

Background story: A young woman of noble heritage, daughter to a renown Witch of Capheon City. An apprentice Witch, not yet very good in the arts of magic. One reason is she doesn't really believe in herself.

2019-05-02_1724400.jpg

#14 erethir, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Maginha, Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  15. erethir

Alira woke up and sat up startled, as she felt something was crawling up her bare ankle. She froze.

"Light!" she thought, struggling to imagine a white luminous sphere while the thing kept crawling upwards slowly. The sphere of light materialized above the palm of her hand, and she almost wished it hadn't. The thing looked like some sort of purple hairy tarantula.

She shrieked, snatched her bag from the ground and hit it, sending it flying and bouncing off a tree. But before it could reach the ground vines reached out and like a whip grabbed the spider out of the air and pulled it into the thick layer of red leaves covering the tree trunk.

Alira blinked in disbelief, completely disregarding the sharp pain from her lower left thigh, and set off running in the opposite direction. Her short brown riding dress, elegant and embroidered with golden thread, let her run effortlessly. Her sphere of light followed her illuminating her path. "Gosh, this place is a nightmare!", she thought, surely mother would have warned her if this was part of the mission?

The day before she had been riding through the wilderness on a mission. One of the tests she had to pass in order to continue to the next level of her education. She had to bring back an artifact planted at some old temple ruins. There would surely be magical traps, and half the challenge was just finding the location, knowing only the general direction and following obscure clues along the way.

It was one such clue that had led her here. Had she been better at reading maps she might have asked herself why this ominous looking forest didn't appear on one at all. By the time the darkness of the woods had swallowed her, there was no going back.

Alira was tired and panting when she finally stopped. She had been running around just like this the day before. Like a fool, she now thought, trying to escape strange flora and fauna. She had been so tired that she had been able to sleep in this terrible place, only to wake up to a nasty surprise a while later. She would not let this repeat itself, this was not the way to pass her test, she had to face the dangers and be brave. "I must be brave," she thought, and felt a sudden wave of dizzyness, her lower left thigh throbbing, "I must..."

The world went black and she fell to the ground. The light flickered and died.

Maginha, Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  16. Joungf

Finally the young man sat down and Zack started to eat. The last time when Zack sat together with someone at a camp fire was two years ago. He remembered that time when he sat together with is friend Skaha, an outlaw, who helped him fake his death to get rid from the blackmailer who threatened his family and his love to get the translated map to the legendary underground city of Nehet. Skaha is the son of the leader of the thieves guild. Zack become a member of that guild and got a mask and a dagger with the emblem of the guild after he mastered the exam. And with every rank he got a tattoo on his arms.

It was not easy for him leaving his family, love and friends behind and becoming a thief, stealing purse and jewellery, learn to fight, to shoot and to kill if necessary. And for a myopic person like Zack, it was even harder because he need to wear glasses. He integrated his glasses into his mask to be able to see near objects, to read and to write.

While the young archer still was eating, Zack already finished and he observed him inconspicuously. The archer was sunk in his thoughts and looked worried and afraid. Could Zack trust this young man? Could he confide a secret to him? No, he can not trust anybody. He must keep his secrets to himself.

"My name is Daryen. I was sleeping when suddenly I woke up and saw that there was a forest I didn't notice before, not so far from the spot where I was camped. I entered it and couldn't go back. All I want is to go back to my horse and continue my trip. I don't like this place. What do you know about this forest?" suddenly the archer said and pulled Zack out of his thoughts.

Zack learned that the name of the archer was Daryen. He entered the forest by curiosity and he has a horse that is waiting outside the forest where Daryen want to be. Daryen also do not like this place and want to know more about the forest of Ancient Night.

"
    Look Daryen, I am a treasure hunter and I do want to get rid of this forest, too. I do not care whose books you have read. All the stories and sailor's yarn I have heard about the about the Ancient Night, while I was travelling around the world, are that about three hundred years ago a powerful and wise mage named Melfin escaped the Ancient Night. He also left hidden hints that will lead you out of the forest. Another story says that the forest of the Ancient Night was developed by the Ancients as a exam. Who finds the way out of it will become a member of the Ancient and will have access to their power and knowledge. But the one important for me is, that deep inside that forest the entrance to Nehet, the ancient underground city, is hidden. Now tel me, do you want to join me and search together for the exit or do you want to run alone in ci..." was he asking when he suddenly heard a scream, it was low like it came from far away.
    "
    Did you hear that, too? It sound like in the distance somebody screamed." he asked Daryen.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  17. Ben Phoenix

Daryen looked at Zack and nodded. "Yes, someone screamed somewhere... I don't know you, but I'm going to take a look." He didn't wait for the man's answer, pulled an arrow from his quiver and left the campsite. He stopped suddenly and took a look behind him, Zack was putting the dishes back in his back pack, Daryen started walking again but more slowly this time, he could hear the treasue hunter's steps behind him now and see the light of his torch illuminating their path. The forest seemed the same everywhere, there were little yellow, green or even red eyes spying on them behind tree and bushes, weird sounds and unusual smells.

Daryen was starting to lose hope when Zack raised a hand to make him stop and started looking at the ground carefully, with his torch very close to something that looked like human steps. "They are small, a woman maybe...". Zack nodded. They started looking around for more steps and finally they were able to see a dark figure on the ground. When they approached it, they could see that it was a young woman, with an elegant riding dress, she seemed to belong to a noble family. Daryen put his hand on her cheeck, she was quite cold and looked pale. "Hey you, wake up... Wake up...". Daryen looked at Zack in concern then looked at the young woman more carefully, trying to understand what was the reason of her condition. Her pulse was weak and she looked very sick. Maybe an animal attacked her? He looked for blood or any kind of wound when suddenly he saw two spots close to each other on one of her legs. The skin around was red and swollen. "It looks like a spider bite, doesn't it? Do you have any antidote in your back pack?".

#17 Ben Phoenix, Apr 30, 2019
    Joungf and erethir like this.
  18. Joungf

"Yes, someone screamed somewhere... I don't know you, but I'm going to take a look." said Daryen, took an arrow and run into the darkens. Zack quickly put the dishes in his backpack, grabbed the torch and ran after him. While he was trying to reach for Daryen he noticed small footprints. He quickly raised his hand and pointed down on the floor. "They are small, a woman maybe..." said Daryen and Zack nodded. Both followed the steps and Daryen found a person lying on the ground. "Hey you, wake up... Wake up..." Daryen said to the woman with a concern in his voice.

Zack came closer to the lying woman. In the light of the torch Zack could see a young lady. He looked closer and saw that she was a witch and her face appeared familiar to him. He was sure that he met somebody that look similar to her, few years ago. But he could not remember when, where and who she was. Was the person he met a relative of her? What if she wakes up and remembers him, Dr. Bruce Echo?

Daryen examined her and found two spots close to each other on one of her legs. "It looks like a spider bite, doesn't it? Do you have any antidote in your back pack?" Daryen asked.

Indeed it clearly looked like a poisoning from a bite of an insect, a spider in this case. Now he need to act quickly before it is too late and the poison reaches her heart. Zack nodded and said "Yes, I have. Wait here by her and stay cautioned. I will go and get the antidote." Then he run back to the camp, stopping a few times to be sure he is on the right track and run back to Daryen with his dagger and a small bag.

Zack pulled out his dagger, hold it over the flames of the torch fire until the blade started to glow. Then he dropped some clear water out of a bottle on it to cool it down. He made a small cut where she was bitten and squeezed the wound and a greenish liquid together with blood came out. He squeezed a few times until the strange liquid stopped coming out of the wound. Then he prepared a patch with antidote and healing balm and pressed it on the wound and quickly dressed the wound. "That is all I can do for now." said Zack tired.

Then Zack looked very angry directly into Daryen's eyes and said in an angry tone "Daryen! Have you lost your mind!? What did you think you were doing running without a torch? Maybe you have better sight and hearing because you are an elf, but that is no excuse to put you and me in danger, understood?"

#18 Joungf, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Ben Phoenix and erethir like this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

"You can take care of yourself I believe". Daryen looked back at Zack, his light aquamarine eyes were glowing with anger, he didn't have the slightest intention to take orders from anyone, especially a stranger he had juts met in some kind of nightmare... He looked at the young woman again, took a bottle of water from his bag and shook it, there wasn't much left but enough to wet her lips and forehead. She was very warm now, Daryen wasn't sure if it was because of the antidote or she was simply getting worse. He took off his mantle and put it gently on her body then sat down next to her.

Suddenly he heard a sound of steps behind him, he quickly stood up, pulled out an arrow and aimed in the direction of the sound. A dark figure, human-like, was standing some meters away from them, next to a tree with twisted branches. "Who are you? Show yourself". The figure laughed, its voice was indefinable and surreal, Daryen felt shivers down on his back. "Again, who are you?"

"Daryen, half elf and half human, no home, no family, no bond, always wondering how his mother and father look like, why they abandoned him, why they left him in that remote village, trying to survive to the ignorance of its inhabitants and the indifference of his relatives... Will you ever stop running away from your past? How sad... Isn't it?" The figure laughed again then disappeared in the exact moment Daryen shot his arrow that stuck in a tree more far away instead. He didn't move for some seconds, he was clearly dealing with that encounter and what that creature had just said to him, a storm of mixed feelings was shaking him, shame, anger, sadness... How could that thing know about his past and his thoughts? Daryen took some steps forward to get his arrow back then turned to Zack and spoke with a deep and cold voice. "What the hell was that?"

#19 Ben Phoenix, May 1, 2019
    erethir and Joungf like this.
  20. erethir

Alira was running through complete darkness. Voices from all directions whispered bad things in her ears, she couldn't hear what they said and she was sure she didn't want to. She was running from something terrible, yet she did not know what it was.

She was sitting on a rock, as if she had been all along. She could now see her own hands and again, and her body, well illuminated from an invisible light source. She was wearing her gold-embroidered brown riding dress, but it looked as new as the day it had been crafted. A purple tarantula was sitting on her left leg, but she wasn't afraid.

"Your worst enemy is yourself, defeat this enemy and you can beat any obstacle," said the spider with a hissing voice. "Stop running, face your fears!" the spider said and she felt a sharp pain as it sunk its fangs into her skin.

She grunted in pain and opened her clear blue eyes slowly. Everything was blurry, there was a light source, there were male voices but they seemed distant, and the shapes of two men. Her eyelids were heavy and wanted to close again. She blinked and forced herself to keep them open.

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.