1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forget softcap box, make TRI safe enhance.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BaldVulture, Jul 29, 2018.

1. BaldVulture

So i see alot of threads on the softcap box and why it should/shouldn't be perma. Here are my thoughts on the subject, and how i would address it.

Giving out free TET isnt the way to go, it isnt the spirit of this game. Alot of people myself included think you should work for what you have. However the current state of the enhancement system gives birth to alot of frustration, misery, and people quitting. Some will have alot of luck other won't. This feeling of injustice has nothing to do with the fact one is or isn't ready to put in the work, and should not be confused with lazyness.

There will always be 2 sides on this subject and headbutting is inevitable Mr.Anderson. There is however room for common grounds. Let's pretend for one moment they made armor and weapons only safely enhance up to TRI, how bad would that be? Before you go on maching your keyboard keys in complete hysteria hear me out.

The 'Top 1% or so' already has full TET and can easily get back to TET when pen fails, everytime they fail pen they will end up back to tri, sometimes and more often then not they will fail to get it back to TET and it will go back to duo and so on. this change im suggesting is good for the top 1% aswell. yea it will be alot easier to get pen and more people will have pen armor and weps, and that's fine why is that a bad thing?... there's still accessories and that's where the pain was at launch and that's where the pain should remain now.

To conclude no1 should be getting free softcap gear, people should have to put in the work, getting to TRI would be alot easier but it still has the same chance to fail, still requires failstacks, meme frags, and still requires you to put in the work at the same time as giving you the impression PEN is something you will actually reach in your lifetime.

Asadea, Rasta667, Nachbarin and 11 others like this.
  2. Blitzball

Yea, make TRI safe. So i can just spam black stones until i got TET :)

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they could give out full nontradeable TRI (would tet be too much? probably?) lemoria + blue awaken + liverto + ap offhand to people that reach 60(?). that way they would give newbies some good starting gear and something to act as a backup while they mess around with their boss gears to tet. and i dont think vets would complain much because of blue stuff.

4. BaldVulture

if you have the meme frags and fs's and concentrated for that yea... unless you actually like the current system, as i said there will always be 2 sides.

5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

but why? with the money you get by grinding towards lvl 60 you can just buy that gear straight from the market. Then you have good "starting gear" and can start working towards bossgear.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

it's a bad idea and will just kill the game.
    this game lives from people enhancing and failing enhancements. Why do you go and grind 5h a day? Why do you lifeskill? It's only to make money to upgrade.
    Why do you think they have artisans? Cause it makes enhancing so much cheaper and earns them tons of money.
    Easier gear to get -> less time spent in the game -> higher chance they will leave the game to a different game cause there's nothing to push for
    Easier gear to get -> less ingame money needed for enhancing -> less artisans sold -> less profit for the company

JM, Mana_Mafia, Angra =[NuD]= and 2 others like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

it would help them save money tho. speeding up the process

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

then they can just remove the other gear as it is not needed anymore. it's already not really needed, but people still use it as cheap backups or as gear until they get bossgear...
    But then, why stop there? just remove all gear except meta gear and give everyone the basic version of it

9. Blitzball

It's impossible for a new player to grind in Mediah with 100-140 AP. New players won't get 150AP+ past Calpheon. You need at least 180AP for an efficient grind with pre-awakening without absolute skills.

A free permanent box-gear 200AP/250DP should help alot new players.

10. WhySoSeeryus

logic behind would be it would help them reach certain level without people being threatened by it too much. or would some people be threatened by tri lemoria equivalent nonsellable?

11. Tjaranis

you are under the assumption that peoples time is an "endless" resource, or you are ignoring that it isn't and therefore "less wasted/boring time needed ingame to have fun->>more Fun and more time to do other RL stuff you need to do.

the majority of mmo players these days don't have a lot of spare time and wasting it running in a circle to deal with ridiculous RNG ******** of 300+FS's and other such nonsense before we are allowed to actually have any fun in pvp, is definitely Not what makes people stay in the game and not what brings new players in...

you are being the metaphorical wolf telling the sheepherder how the sheep is safer in your stomach ;P
    -----------------
    as for their abusive microtransaction bs, yes it will properly never change as they are not looking long sighted and they don't have the basic human morale to not do it if they are not going to be punished hard for doing so.

Pook600, Blackhearted and BaldVulture like this.
  12. LesserHellspawn

Safe enhance to TRI and then the Caphras Stones for safe albeit very slow eventual safe enhance to TET and PEN, yes please. Before drawing out the pitchforks, remember that there's still accessories to do to really get to the softcap. But it would at least allow everyone to get to a certain baseline without too much of the hassle and frustration.

13. charkus

The only thing they need to do is remove renown and op stats scaling with higher gear.
    Softcap isnt too hard to achieve, and getting gear above that should be optional for little upgrades to damage and defenses, not mandatory for insane ap boosts.
    With this you can make the game more competitive in pvp, and less gear gap for new players.

But this is not going to happen, do you know why?

-Getting tet accs and pen weapons/armor requieres a lot of time and dedication, many players wouldnt go for it if the upgrades are not that high to give them a lot of advantage over the rest.
    -This process consumes a lot of resources, one of them is memory fragments, so what did they do?
    They made this upgrades more attractive to the point of being mandatory to keep going for it if you want to be competitive, so there are more sales of artisans and other kind of cash shop items.

And you think they are going to give you free permanent stuff or make enhancing easier? haha no.

Allways remember how this game is designed.
    This whole game is designed arround the cash shop, and almost every changes they do is to keep it running.

14. Sibyyl

Make do with Asula until they ramp up catch up mechanics.

If you can't get much further past enhanced Asula then you are indeed lazy.

Desado likes this.
  15. BaldVulture

well in consolation at some point they will implement the cephra system. i hope they do so soon. but in regards to your comment, do you not think more people going for PEN which has the lowest success rate ever is going to negate that, right now getting pen is more of a luck thing then a money thing. some people will get it first try other will never get it in thier entire playthrough, you think this is remotely reasonable? i don't understand why this would be such a big deal, were you people not around back when +15 was cap on armor and weps, +15 was ez to get to accessories were hard pvp was fun competition for grind spot was fierce given the fact you lost EXP on pvp death along with some crystals. now the game is all about the mindless grind people with 75 AP more then you killing you in one shot taking your spot saying get good, like this is the game you want??

Blackhearted and Arreyanne like this.
  16. BaldVulture

how is asula going to help my armor and weps which is the main topic, the only thing i said about accessories is how the system should remain the same for them... did you even read the post?

Pook600 likes this.
  17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

tri equipments are not hard to get lmao, it only seems so because of the accessories

18. charkus

I played since pre-release, and took a long break 2 months after the pri-pen enhancement even when I was almost full boss tri armor and tet kzarka, so yes, I know what u feel.

BaldVulture likes this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Will never happen. Simply because this game was not made as a long term MMO. They could care less if new players say or what not.

This game was built completely around it's cash shop. Player retention is the last thing on their minds. They don't mind losing a few thousands of new players, if they can catch a few whales in the pool, willing to spend thousands of $$$.

The less and less players playing this game. The more and more it moves towards full P2W. Just look at all the other Korean grinders. So I think your point is wasted now OP.

WoWisBest and Blackhearted like this.
  20. Pkmdz

How about actually making DUO free?