1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forget softcap box, make TRI safe enhance.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BaldVulture, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Kyouki

No thanks

Draconnix likes this.
  2. ScreameR

Are they really considering the soft cap box to be permanent? If that is the case i sure as hell am leaving this game, and this is coming from a player who hasn't even reached 200 AP yet.

It would be an absolute ****-over to all the players who had to work for their gear. stupid cash grabbing ****tards over here.

Ah well, i'm not even surprised was about time devs were going absolute mad mode once again.

#42 ScreameR, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  3. Tjaranis

No. they havent said anything and it is beyound unlikely that they would ever do this as they lack the basic understanding of "longevity", and since the argument can be made that giving people softcap gear would result in less people feeling forced to buy artisans etc. kakao and pa would properly never even consider it.

besides that why do you belief it would be stupid? you got to realise that you can't expect time-invested to be static as after just a year or so it would be impossible for people to catch up and it would create an even worse gear-gab issue than we already see.

the upcoming patches, kr, with caphras enhancement the new max is Pen+20 which is roughly 200billion per piece to make.
    so if the issue is that you feel you're going to lack any incentive to play as there is nothing more to go for then that is just not true at all.

another thing is that this is completely normal and proven good for the game, if it happened, it is very normal that catch up mechanics allow people to achieve something in weeks that others used years to get. this is because as a game evolve and move forward the incentive for new players to pick it over all the others disappears completely if there is a very high "time investment" to just get to the basic which is needed for "proper play".
    the games where this generally doesn't happen is in heavy and abusive p2w/p4c setups as they want people to feel like there is no other way than wasting insane time or pay extra. it is the belief that forcing/pushing people with negative reinforcement is the best way to motivate them (which all research have proven wrong) and it also allows for a heavier addiction provoking and abusing monetization setup (which is the reason you see it done like this).
    in pve it is more forgivable with huge power gabs as you can play different content, in pvp it becomes a real issue very fast.

the vertical progression, in general, is a really bad idea imho. it removes content very fast as it is locked to a specific stats pool instead of gameplay style and rl challenge. it makes balancing impossible as obviously it is not going to feel balance when stats are vastly different. it provokes a general gameplay where the importance lies in the progression alone instead of the enjoyment of the gameplay and mmo world (it becomes more like a job, spreadsheet mini online).
    i truly belief the vertical progression focus is a general negative in mmo's, but it is the easiest way to created a feeling of "progress" and thats all lead designers can do these days (as the companies need those 5.000% profit margins to survive so can't use extra time on proper and better game design, or other ludicrous high profit vs. actual cost which never goes back into fixing the tons of problems the product got.

kalston likes this.
  4. BaldVulture

that will never happen as artisans generate alot of income, what you suggest is to get rid of artisan memeorys and that's definetly never going to happen.

5. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

I didnt quite get the OP but based on the title alone, no tri obviously cant be safe enhance for obvious reasons

6. 6footgeeks

all they freaking needed to do was make it so that there were NO caps on failstack success percentage and give 1% success chance per stack after the 'success chance soft cap' for the Enhancement level

thats all. didnt need Crons stones, didnt need Carphas

7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

If that happen, PEN will be the new TET and people would still be complaining.

8. Alicia Dominica

Well put, new players are the life-blood of any MMO long-term and it's these together with the average player attempting to shortcut certain aspects of the game through pearl-purchases that keep the game alive. Ironically enough, it's precisely those players the wannabe "hardcore" (lewl) players no-lifing this game want to get rid of with their usual slander about "go play another game". If everyone actually followed that kind of advise, the game would be done for.

Not gonna tag the kind of person I have in mind, but this becomes rather obvious when you look at certain individuals on this forum taking pride in not having spent any additional money on this game, yet keep telling new players (and potential spenders) to get lost. Not only are they freeloading, but actually hurting the continued existence of the game they apparently care so much about that they no-life it. There is that saying about not biting the hand that feeds you... but apparently even that is beyond them.

rachcouture likes this.
  9. Angra =[NuD]=

How about NO system is already to ezy

Draconnix likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, ubergeared would be full pen armor/wep, others tet/pen mixture i guess there would be less gap if they adjjust the renown. :D

11. AliExpress

I like this Idea but i think TRI is too much. I`d be happy if you couldn't downgrade on fail at DUO but you could downgrade from TRI on a failed tet attempt. That is, safe enhance up to DUO.

12. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

wait what? you on crack cocain buddy? You are telling me with the money as a new player from 0 to 60 I will get enough to buy full Tri boss gear or Tri Lemoria gear or one piece of what? What are you saying cuz it sounds like flower fertilizer at its best so far?

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

well, if you grind at decent spots you can easily get tri lemoria with that money...idk where you grind, but i get easily 20-30m/h and it still takes like 30h grinding in total for lvl 60....so 30m*30h=900m...more than enough for full tri lemoria

14. iller

I wouldn't wipe my ass with 900 mil. And I definitely wouldn't grind level 59-60 completely all over again for it. It was torture enough I had to do that on my wizard, and that's with 75% of it coming from Savage Rift and another 10% was in a full team @ Gyfins

My first set of TRI gear right when +16 came first out in 2016?... I FORCED ALL OF IT. ...that's how many Hards I had just from casually gathering. I don't think that Boss Gear should be something you can even force to TRI and I see even less reason to make it "Safe" enhance unless it was Cron Stoning to get there... (Can you you even Cron stone it @ Duo?? I've never tried TBH b/c now days my RNG is so hyper normalized that I can't even build a TET stack off of TRI failures anymore)

Not that it even matters b/c once we get get full Manos Lifeskilling, we'll be able to "Safe" enhance as much as we want thanks to the massive amounts of silver and Ancient Spirit powder it'll generate

#54 iller, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  15. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

*cough* caphras *cough*

iller likes this.
  16. RngNotWithMe

whats wrong to u ppl ??? so give to everyone for free full pen.. and gf.

17. Tvvin

I'd like to see them make black Abyssal weapons upgradeable because they look cool.

Make it a weaker kzarka with Dr/evasion or something

18. elgen

You already can buy up to tri accessories in the guild shop and safe enchant gear to tet/pen soon what's the points of this three page thread ?

19. 2Cents

Always remember how the game is designed.................. albeit it is heavily centered around the cash shop don't forget it's also designed CORRECTLY FOR ACTUAL PLAYERS NOT CRY BABIES.

The evidence is clear in nearly EVERY ASPECT of the game. Getting max level on anything is nearly impossible and it's designed to last for YEARS.

Today's millennial's are a BIG PART of the problem.
    #dont.want.to.put.effort.into.anything
    #gimme.gimme

I want to Siege! I want to win! Wait............effort? Playing the game?

#AINT.NOBODY.GOT.TIME.4.THAT

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  20. BaldVulture

yea but i dont see those coming anytime soon, unless tomorrow's patch.... but i think not.
    When they do eventually add the cephra system, the game will be great indeed.