1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response FPS drop to 0, GPU load to 0%

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Forstyyy, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Forstyyy

Since 1 or 2 weeks I noticed that I get hard frame drops while grinding, the FPS jumps from 144 to 0-1 FPS for around 2-3 seconds. I monitored the task manager while the drop happens, and I see a decrease from the GPU load from 80%-90% to 0%. The load decrease is as long as the FPS drop lasts. Anyone else has the same issue and someone knows what I could do about it? I already have the latest Nvidia drivers, it makes grinding really unplayable.

2. eddie972e

For me, everytime i use storage maid my fps starts to drop constanly and i get this crasy stturering, what i do to fix it, is i go to character selection screen and pick my character again, and it somehow fixes the stturer, but it starts again after i use storage maid.

3. Cybervoid

what video card are you using?

4. Xinny

Xinny GeneiRyodan Ranger 61 NA

A lot of us having this issues i have an RX 580 and Vega 56 both system start freezing when everytime i switch character and channels.

#4 Xinny, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  5. eddie972e

i have an gtx 1080

6. Melindaz

The issues you're experiencing is most likely not related to your graphics card. The reason i could think of why the load is dropping like it is, is because there are no frames to render hence the frame drop.
    I have had the similar issue ever since the Rabam skills came out on EU. I mainly play Mystic and this barely occurs for me, like once or twice an hour of farming. When my friend grinds (Ranger) he constantly complains about this 1 fps drop for anything between 1 - 4 seconds. This happens alot more frequently for him and makes it unplayable. Dont know what causes this.

I seen a couple threads about this problem already and been through most of the possible fixes without any luck.

Just for info:
    5930k - 4.5 Ghz
    M.2 960 Pro
    32GB - 3200 mhz ram
    1080ti
    ROG PG279Q - 1440p
    500/500 internet connection - wired obviously.

7. RangerForLife

I have the exact same issue as OP describes. Been noticing it ever since absolute skills, mainly when i'm grinding. I get huge GPU drops, down to 0% over a few seconds with fps down to 1-4 over the same period. I cant find a pattern, it seems to occur at random. Tried every possible tweak, gfx setting and suggestions out there that I could find - nothing helps. I only play ranger - almost unplayable at times. I've been monitoring my system trying to figure out if the problem is "on my side". The only thing I've seen is the huge GPU usage drop. All temps are within normal range - so are r/w disk access/speed. Latest firmware/BIOS/drivers. Top notch PC a few years back - but still holds good even today. I play other games, never experienced anything like this.

My setup:
    i7 - 4820k @ 3.7Ghz
    Asus X79 - Deluxe
    Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 16BG @ 1866 Mhz
    XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB DDR5
    Corsair RM850, 850W PSU
    Corsair H100i Cooler
    Samsung SSD 840 Evo 120GB (OS)
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm (Game runs from this)
    Wired fiber connection @ 80/80Mbit

8. Nosimo

Try updating soundcard drivers and disable any output devices you aren't using. I had this issue then it went away although I'm not 100 percent the above was the cure.

RangerForLife likes this.
  9. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hey there.

Send us in a ticket please and we can troubleshoot this with you.

10. RangerForLife

Thanks for the tip. It did not fix the issue for me though.

11. Kulyn

Was this problem every addressed. I got my computer back because I sent it out thinking that my system was the problem. Same issue as OP, things will go fine for a bit, then my 1080 TI will drop to 0% work load for a second or two and then the game picks back up. It happen multiple times a minute making this game pretty much unplayable for me. I have other games I run at max settings and have no issues, but BDO on any graphic setting seems to give issues no matter what. Any ideas?

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080 TI Strix
    16g Ram
    1tb HDD
    512 SSD

Dirty Djago likes this.
  12. Forstyyy

GTX 1070

And I also play Ranger, looks like a lot of Ranger players have this issue!

Tokigare likes this.
  13. Forstyyy

I use an external USB sound device, will try to disable the rest...

14. Nosimo

not guaranteed to help, Like I said originally I'm not sure why it went away but the only thing I did was update my sound drivers (realtek) and disable the stuff I didn't use.

15. Yemeth26

Ranger same here with my desktop and laptop.

16. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

This "Feature" is a step forward D:<

it came into the game with the performance update.
    I think 3-4 patch back, none of Kakao / Perl know anything about it.:O

The first answers were that the ISP is to blame.
    When I read that we should open a ticket, then **** happens.
    @GM Kaioken
    Your product has problems, so fix it. We as customers do not want to spend the time to show you something you should see for yourself.

Make a Ranger and go to Helms and grind 1-2hrs and you see how often the Laags appear.

17. Crushader

I had a like 4 months ticket and follow-up ticket where answers where usually like "update your graphic drivers" "show video" "do screenshots" "re-install game" "re-install all drivers", etc etc...

Also a lot of dupplication and skipping what was wrote earlier, so it is rreally annoying. It end up that that said i need change HDD to SSD, while i show screenshot that freeze/fps drop appear when there is no disc usage, so this is really silly....

this game is just broken.

Mido likes this.
  18. Diazine

Try running another application in the background that utilizes your GPU, like a youtube video in a browser or OBS recording software (you don't actually have to record, just having the OBS window open is enough) for example. This keeps my GPU from falling asleep and prevents fps drops while playing BDO.

Feels like an ugly workaround though :(

19. Crushader

nope, i were recoring my freezes while staying in one place with character(where was nothing to load) with OBS and freezes still appeared